Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2310281 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17070 on: May 02, 2016, 12:26:56 am »

You'd need a hell of an open area for a boss like that, which eliminates half of the problem the Capra Demon has in the first place. :P
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17071 on: May 02, 2016, 12:31:09 am »

There don't seem to be many mods for Dark Messiah. Probably for some good reasons :P
Still, it seems to be made at least partially in the Source engine, so maybe I can activate sv_cheats and god 1.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17072 on: May 02, 2016, 04:46:33 am »

Having unlocked Matoko with my free license, I used her camo to try and advance. Fatally, I tried to shoot the guy instead of using the melee attack. I somehow missed every shot from point-blank range before being killed in humiliation.

I'm entirely too used to Halo because that's literally the only other online shooter I've played for an extended time. In that game (the first one at least), melee attacks were usually a weapon of last resort.

GitS: First Assault.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17073 on: May 02, 2016, 06:19:59 am »

Was hunting a couple of frigates who were causing trouble and the three of us managed to warp to the same asteroid belt at the same time. They had more guns.

EVE Online
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17074 on: May 02, 2016, 06:30:29 am »

I swear to God the next time I meet some scientist I will ask them to develop a fly-spray nuke. This fly has survived mortein (both natureguard and the regular version), RAID, being smacked into a wall via the ballistic delivery system known as a flyswatter. IT WILL NOT FUCKING DIE! And, to make matters worse, it has seemed to only have gotten stronger, because now it is buzzing around my head.
Or maybe it is a different fly, but nonetheless I WANT IT DEAD! It will not stop buzzing around my head and landing on my keyboard, one of the many places I don't want fly-guts all over. ARGH KILL ME NOW!

The game? Real life. Shame there's no cheat code to kill all flies or reduce your fly-wanted level to Zero and lock it there.

EDIT: Ok, I am 90% sure the thing is dead. It landed in a trash bag I had lying around in my room (don't ask me why) so I took my chance, twisting the mouth od the bag shut and squeezing as much air as possible out without letting the fly out. I then tied it off and threw it in the bin, sat down to type this, and ANOTHER ONE COMES ALONG! Or the original just teleported.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 06:33:00 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #17075 on: May 02, 2016, 07:32:40 am »

Electric flyswatter. :v

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17076 on: May 02, 2016, 07:55:06 am »

Agreed. They are magical. If you live in a place that's positively infested, like my sister's place was, you can kill dozens of flies in a matter of seconds. The smell is quite atrocious, but it's worth it to be free of the little shits.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17077 on: May 02, 2016, 09:04:48 am »

Faced with a laser-reflecting puzzle, with lasers that instantly kill you for some reason. Sheva decides to run right in front of one as I'm moving it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17078 on: May 02, 2016, 09:33:31 am »

To answer your question, Darkroot is indeed optional (except for that big gate next to the fire) and the Capra Demon is plot progression.

Actually the Capra Demon is potentially optional. There's a pathway from Darkroot to Blighttown that you can take. I believe that the Master Key can also open the door to the Depths so... Yeah. Out of the two, Darkroot or Capra Demon, one is optional while the other is required. It's just that you can pick which one is which. Also the stone giants in Darkroot are just generic enemies last I checked.

Spoiler: Could always be worse (click to show/hide)

A merciful God does not exist.

You'd need a hell of an open area for a boss like that, which eliminates half of the problem the Capra Demon has in the first place. :P

Nope. You obviously fight him in a cramped corridor, with no real room to maneveur or dodge. That's how both fights go after all.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17079 on: May 02, 2016, 10:00:53 am »

But then the wheel part cannot reach its true potential horror, with him rocketing out of nowhere from the New Londo-esque darkness.
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17080 on: May 02, 2016, 10:05:55 am »

The true horror comes from encountering him halfway along the corridor, staring face to face with the monster as the realization that you can't run back to your safe haven before he charges slowly dawns on you. Knowing that you are well and truly fucked.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17081 on: May 02, 2016, 10:07:56 am »

that or the fact that he has flaming attack dogs instead
and a necromancer
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17082 on: May 02, 2016, 02:15:50 pm »

Got killed by an undodgeable instant-kill attack that also has no apparent difference from a normal attack used by what appears to be a giant unkillable cockroach.

Sheva got killed by an undodgeable instant-kill attack that also has no apparent difference from a normal attack used by what appears to be a giant unkillable cockroach.

Ran out of ammo fighting a Uroboros infectee. And that's after emptying the available flamethrower 30 goddamn times. I tried my knife, but it causes damage if you're too close, independent of it's massive arms that you have to shoot.

A Majini with an RPG tried a point-blank shot. It hit it's partner, a Majini with a shield, in the back. The explosion instantly killed Sheva. The shield Majini was apparently unhurt.

Got killed by an undodgeable instant-kill attack that also has no apparent difference from a normal attack used by what appears to be a giant unkillable cockroach.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17083 on: May 02, 2016, 03:47:56 pm »

-snip-
Don't use the flamethrower in the second Uroboros Mkono fight. Use powerful bullets and incendiary grenades instead. Or the RPG if you are feeling cheesy. The RPG will instantly kill any boss that's in a vulnerable state.

Reapers don't have normal attacks (you should have learned this the first time one cut you in half) unless you destroy their limbs, normally they just insta-kill you. That's their thing. There are no QTEs to avoid their attacks but there are other ways to avoid being touched, like walking past them after you've stunned them with gunfire by shooting them in their bright yellow vulnerable points. In most cases when you face them you can't run around them, only retreat backwards, so your only option is to kill them quickly or eventually be cornered. Use the grenade launcher with electric rounds if you're really having trouble with these guys. It instantly makes them vulnerable to be shot in their weak points. The stun rod can be used to achieve a similar effect but I don't recommend trying this if you're having difficulty handling them with just gunfire.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 04:00:51 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #17084 on: May 02, 2016, 04:56:19 pm »

Sheva got killed by an undodgeable instant-kill attack that also has no apparent difference from a normal attack used by what appears to be a giant unkillable cockroach.

Ran out of ammo fighting a Uroboros infectee. And that's after emptying the available flamethrower 30 goddamn times. I tried my knife, but it causes damage if you're too close, independent of it's massive arms that you have to shoot.

A Majini with an RPG tried a point-blank shot. It hit it's partner, a Majini with a shield, in the back. The explosion instantly killed Sheva. The shield Majini was apparently unhurt.

Don't take it out on us, man!
Pages: 1 ... 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 ... 1571