Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Kobold Camp (Version 1.51 for DF 34.11, last update 07/01/2012)  (Read 105016 times)

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp (KC ver 1.252, for DF 31.25 last update 4/16)
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2011, 11:28:02 pm »

Alright. 1.253 is up to add in those tags for pottery and the like, making 3 patches that should have all been in one. My apologies for continually making a new version each time I stick in a new tag, however, I'm 110% sure that this is the last thing I would care to add until porting to 31.26, whenever that may be.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp (KC ver 1.253, for DF 31.25 last update 4/20)
« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2011, 06:34:54 pm »

Looks interesting. Kobolds in these camps build kilns, right?

Also, how do kobolds deal with eggs? I've had...issues...with egg-laying critters in the past.

EDIT: Downloaded KC, copied the raws over, and got this monster of an errorlog. (Oh, and DF froze up when I tried to gen a new world.) Specifically: Many minerals claimed to be unlocatable and [STALK_WOOD] also claimed to not recognise many plant tokens.
Did I do something wrong or is this mod f***ed up?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 07:42:52 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2011, 07:23:18 pm »

This is a good mod. Bump, why not?

Plus, I'm hoping someone can answer my questions.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2011, 05:02:22 am »

With this mod, your pretty much unable to dig through stone.  If your real lucky, you might find some copper in a soil layer.  Last time I checked, you could still trade with the capital for the odd "iron bone armor".  But for the most part, your stuck with bone and wood weapons until the baddies drop something better.  I couldn't tell you about the tags in the raws though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2011, 06:24:37 am »

With this mod, your pretty much unable to dig through stone.  If your real lucky, you might find some copper in a soil layer.  Last time I checked, you could still trade with the capital for the odd "iron bone armor".  But for the most part, your stuck with bone and wood weapons until the baddies drop something better.  I couldn't tell you about the tags in the raws though.
...Yeah, that's one of the things about this mod.
Sig

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2011, 09:04:42 pm »

Also, how do kobolds deal with eggs? I've had...issues...with egg-laying critters in the past.

EDIT: Downloaded KC, copied the raws over, and got this monster of an errorlog. (Oh, and DF froze up when I tried to gen a new world.) Specifically: Many minerals claimed to be unlocatable and [STALK_WOOD] also claimed to not recognise many plant tokens.

Apologies for the late reply.
So, I attempted to recreate this myself thinking I may have messed up the RAWS .rar. However, upon re-downloading DF 31.25 and shoving the kobold ver 1.253 RAW zip inside, I didn't get that same error log (or one at all, for that matter). Nor does the pre-packaged KC yield anything for me.

However, based on your errorlog, it seems that the main problem is rooted in the template file (material_template_default.txt), as it's not finding the stone or, in the case of wood stalks, plant entry. I can't pinpoint it since I don't have your raws, but if I hazarded a guess, it'd be that your material_template_default.txt is different somehow.

Also, fraid I'm unsure about how kobolds mess with eggs, or really much of anything. I just haven't had the time to really sit down and make a good test-run of a fort recently, so I do little more than port to new versions and make sure that it at least gens a world alright.

As Wyrm said, that's basically the run of the mod, it's not easy mode.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2011, 04:39:25 pm »

Apologies for the late reply.
So, I attempted to recreate this myself thinking I may have messed up the RAWS .rar. However, upon re-downloading DF 31.25 and shoving the kobold ver 1.253 RAW zip inside, I didn't get that same error log (or one at all, for that matter). Nor does the pre-packaged KC yield anything for me.

However, based on your errorlog, it seems that the main problem is rooted in the template file (material_template_default.txt), as it's not finding the stone or, in the case of wood stalks, plant entry. I can't pinpoint it since I don't have your raws, but if I hazarded a guess, it'd be that your material_template_default.txt is different somehow.

Also, fraid I'm unsure about how kobolds mess with eggs, or really much of anything. I just haven't had the time to really sit down and make a good test-run of a fort recently, so I do little more than port to new versions and make sure that it at least gens a world alright.
Well, here is the raws I used, and if I get KC to work I'll be a !!scien!!tist for your mod.
In my experience, all female egg-layers lay eggs sometimes, other kobolds carry them off but refuse to cook them, and even with eggs forbidden the female will wander off. Therefore, as long as kobolds lay eggs, chances are they'll have trouble with kids.
Sig

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2011, 08:12:23 pm »

I looked through your raws for anything having to do with the issues in the errorlog, and they are the exact same as the raws that I have in the latest version.

I notice that you didn't include material_template_default, so I would assume that means that you haven't touched it. However, nearly all your errors are something like:
PYROLUSITE: Could not locate material template STONE_TEMPLATE
PITCHBLENDE: Could not locate material template STONE_TEMPLATE
BAUXITE: Could not locate material template STONE_TEMPLATE
(And <STONE>: Could not locate... goes on just about every one I could think of)
STONE_TEMPLATE is something found in material_template default, which is why I my first thought is that the issue is there.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2011, 08:37:56 pm »

I looked through your raws for anything having to do with the issues in the errorlog, and they are the exact same as the raws that I have in the latest version.

I notice that you didn't include material_template_default, so I would assume that means that you haven't touched it. However, nearly all your errors are something like:
PYROLUSITE: Could not locate material template STONE_TEMPLATE
PITCHBLENDE: Could not locate material template STONE_TEMPLATE
BAUXITE: Could not locate material template STONE_TEMPLATE
(And <STONE>: Could not locate... goes on just about every one I could think of)
STONE_TEMPLATE is something found in material_template default, which is why I my first thought is that the issue is there.
I didn't touch any of it...nor did I remove anything.
Well...How the hell did I accidentally remove an entire section of the raws? I think I'm redownloading...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 09:12:30 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2011, 12:15:31 am »

Well...How the hell did I accidentally remove an entire section of the raws? I think I'm redownloading...

The way you word that tells me that the files you gave in the zip you showed me were ALL the raws you were using. The raws-only file I supply only has the files that are either added or modified, but all the other raws that are untouched in vanilla DF are left out of the raw pack. It was made for people on linux who couldn't just download the windows version. Either way, through that route, you've got to add all the KC raws to an established raw folder with all the raws that KC doesn't touch.

If you're on windows, then it's best to just download the pre-packed version. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2071

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2011, 01:56:20 pm »

The way you word that tells me that the files you gave in the zip you showed me were ALL the raws you were using. The raws-only file I supply only has the files that are either added or modified, but all the other raws that are untouched in vanilla DF are left out of the raw pack. It was made for people on linux who couldn't just download the windows version. Either way, through that route, you've got to add all the KC raws to an established raw folder with all the raws that KC doesn't touch.

If you're on windows, then it's best to just download the pre-packed version. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2071
Well, that's how I screwed up!  :-[

EDIT: 7s claims that "KC31.25ver1.253\data\art\font.ttf" is "broken." Huh? EDIT^2: Nevermind, reredownloading fixed it. I really should be careful with my flash drive...

YETANOTHEREDIT: So far, so good; the hardest part is the graphics! Why didn't anyone mention that?
I mean, I knew there were graphics, but I didn't realise how much I was attatched to ASCII until I tried a graphics pack. I think I'll stick to my crappy display, thank you very much. (Not that I won't play KC, of course. Results of my nest box testing pending...although probably not good.

WOWI'MEDITINGALOTTOAVOIDDOUBLEPOSTING: Just started a fort camp. Slightly buggy. Here is the save.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 09:31:27 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2011, 09:19:11 pm »

Id like to have a turn!

wrong topic...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 09:24:30 pm by Mudcrab »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2011, 06:09:12 pm »

Id like to have a turn!

wrong topic...
...Huh...
Sig

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2011, 05:38:27 am »

Short bows have been named wrong in the item raw. Names are short bows:short bows, should be short bow:short bows
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

JackSlinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 31, 2011, 02:17:30 pm »

First post FTW!

I've just installed the mod and I'm really liking it however I've come across a problem. I'm using the pre-packaged game and queued an order for a bone spear from the Scrimshawer workshop, I had a stack of 11 yak bones and to my annoyance they where all used making only one spear.  :(

I'm not sure whether this is a problem with the mod or DF, but does anyone know a way around it or better still a fix!  :)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26