Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: Kobold Camp (Version 1.51 for DF 34.11, last update 07/01/2012)  (Read 104742 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Kobold Camp (Version 1.51 for DF 34.11, last update 07/01/2012)
« Reply #300 on: July 01, 2012, 06:18:56 pm »

So far BONECARN is on kobolds, Shouldn't bolds be able to eat plants too? they arn't really a hardcore meat eater, Meat should be in their diet but plants should be too?

*Not a kobold expert* lol

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 01, 2012, 07:07:48 pm »

Classically, bonecarn has always been on kobolds, and I have kept it that way. At least until they all starved in worldgen because of it. Once I learned that that was fixed, I put it back in. Added challenge and all that, needing to hunt/fish, and in large camps, relying on a caravan.

But! It can largely be circumvented through cooking meals. Kobolds will eat plants if a meal has at least some meat in it, regardless of whether or not it has plants as well. Unless, of course, that's changed.

Depends, did you remove/not add [BONECARN]?
...For that matter, can civilized BONECARNs eat bones or just meat?
Bones and meat, but not straight up plants. [CARNIVORE] is just meat but with no bones, and unless there is a new tag, there is no way for a species to be able to eat bones but not also be carnivorous.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 01, 2012, 08:20:17 pm »

Shame there wasn't a "Eats more" tag or something. Not get hungry faster, but might have to eat two things to stasify the hunger. I guess I need to find another thing to make muscle bolds do

BunnyMind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 02, 2012, 01:34:41 am »

Really glad to see this being worked on again! Kobold camp has always been my favorite mod.

Anyway, after playing for a bit today I've noticed a few minor errors and inconsistencies. Namely, noble titles aren't capitalized when they should be considering all other job titles are, the Scrimshawer and Soap Maker workshop both share the same build key, the "craft shell shield" reaction at the scrimshawer is misspelled as "craft shell sheld", shell hammers require bone instead of shell to craft, and Artifacts are enabled by default in the prepackaged version (whether or not creating artifacts is koboldy is up to individual interpretation, the real problem is they tend to ask for stones, which kobolds have no way of obtaining).

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 02, 2012, 01:46:01 am »

Ah those bugs where reported on my thread of KC, also "Make Bone Flask" should acually be called "Make hoof/horn Flask"

I had a head start on Lago because of the version I update in Regen.

EggFibre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 02, 2012, 05:39:40 am »

I know it's probably hidden somewhere, but how do you make shovels? I can't find anything in the carpenter's workshop.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 02, 2012, 06:17:37 am »

Aren't shovels metallic? Find some ore, cut some trees, make some charcoal, go wild with forging.

About stones: Has anyone considered the value (positive, negative, game-breaking, or otherwise) of a "gravel" stone type, found in all soils in large clusters, useable as stone, and perhaps collectable as clay?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 02, 2012, 08:59:49 am »

Thanks for the typo catches, I'll be fixing those.

I know it's probably hidden somewhere, but how do you make shovels? I can't find anything in the carpenter's workshop.

As Wyrm said, they're strictly metal. It's recommended to embark with them, and likely more than the 2 default. Once caravans come, you can trade for cheap copper shovels and the like if you aren't able to find ore yourself.

As for gravel, or some stone in the soil layer, I think I've toyed with the idea of it, but never expanded on it. I may test out something like that. Clay, as I recall, was also useable as a stone in many regards, but I don't recall the implications of that. I'll give it a try though. The idea was to make stone an ultimately valuable resource, not to have it completely devoid of existence nor swimming in it as dwarven forts often are. So this may work with a bit of tweaking.

As for putting copper/gold/etc in the soil, I know I've been able to do it before, but it doesn't appear to be working now with just having them take the soil template. I also tried using the [ENVIRONMENT:SOIL:VEIN:100] or similar tokens with no luck. I'll see if I stumble on something while mining out the soil.

In the meanwhile, I've readded [UNDIGGABLE] to the individual entries. While the other way, putting undiggable on the stone template, was overall nice and clean, it also made gems undiggable, which I'd like not to be the case, especially not if copper/gold is diggable. Also, I did like having a couple types of stone (chert comes to mind) as being diggable, as it's been mentioned that some types of rocks are easily broken up. My geology is lacking, though.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:09:04 am by Lagotrope »

BunnyMind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 02, 2012, 10:25:22 am »

As Wyrm said, they're strictly metal.
You can also make them out of bone in the scrimshawer's shop, actually.

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 02, 2012, 11:08:49 am »

Oh, yes, bone shovel. There it is. This it what happens when I don't develop in forever, I lose all recollection of these things.

EggFibre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 02, 2012, 11:32:26 am »

Ok, cheers. I'll restart and bring some on embark. That's probably easiest.

Also, what kind of skills would you recomend on embark?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:48:44 am by EggFibre »

Bronze Dog

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 02, 2012, 12:14:56 pm »

I think I'll try taking the plunge this weekend and build a camp. With dwarves, I usually end up stalling because I feel like I need everything planned out in advance. I can imagine things going differently for kobolds, since they're not the sort who'd plan big or efficiently, so I can just go for organic growth. Think I'll shoot for some isolated spot with clay and build an adobe city with rooftop bridges and such. If I end up prospering beyond my expectations, maybe build a Mayincatec pyramid or something.

Something that I just thought of: Any chance shamans could be made as something like necromancers? I'd worry that ToadyOne wouldn't have appropriate magic powers in the code for them, but even without magic, I'd be fine with a bunch of immortal druids hanging out in a circle, writing books about the secrets of nature.
Bronze Dog has been feeling rather happy lately. He is fond of scimitars, black bronze, turquoise, and kobolds for their underdog status.

EggFibre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 03, 2012, 09:22:37 am »

Just thought I should mention, but I seem to be having problems where some of my idle Bolds are refusing to haul items, even though they have the skills turned on. I wasn't sure if this was a bug you were aware of, or if there was a way around it. It's not game breaking, but it is annoying.

Cheers for making a great mod.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 03, 2012, 10:16:13 am »

Kobold shamen as secrets? Neat idea.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bronze Dog

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 03, 2012, 10:29:30 am »

I spent a bit of time yesterday researching necromancers and the secret/interaction tokens. Unfortunately, some stuff is still hardcoded, so apparently the only way to give shamans towers at the moment would be to give them the ability to raise dead, which would generate towers with undead swarms. No towers means they probably won't settle to train apprentices or write books.

It'll probably have to wait until a later version.

One magic ability that comes to mind for shamans is transformation effects, like D&D druids' wild shape ability, and maybe turning enemies into weak animals.
Bronze Dog has been feeling rather happy lately. He is fond of scimitars, black bronze, turquoise, and kobolds for their underdog status.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26