Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 620803 times)

h.scorpio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #570 on: October 06, 2011, 07:29:30 am »

I made a pretty hostile world with a lot of wildlife and savagery and noticed during worldgen that civilizations lost a lot of citizens, leaving lots of abandoned villages around.
The houses seem to sometimes be inhabited by the local wildlife, i.e. badgers and the like.

Is it safe to sleep in these houses as it is in lairs/labyrinths? Not worried about the feral buck rabbit, just trying to avoid getting beaten up by boogie men...

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 08, 2011, 08:59:15 am »

How long do infections take to become fatal? I have a legendary kicker/wrestler running around with an infected ear, both of her legs from the knee down infected, and her remaining arm infected to the upper arm. I've yet to see any negative effects from any of this, other than pus. Also, what are the symptoms of infection that can be noticed in adventure mode

Also, what does it mean when, on reporting the death of a titan, the guy to whom you report it says "so many... the world is surely a safer place now"?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 01:36:53 pm by Trekkin »

onarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 08, 2011, 09:13:55 am »

I made a pretty hostile world with a lot of wildlife and savagery and noticed during worldgen that civilizations lost a lot of citizens, leaving lots of abandoned villages around.
The houses seem to sometimes be inhabited by the local wildlife, i.e. badgers and the like.

Is it safe to sleep in these houses as it is in lairs/labyrinths? Not worried about the feral buck rabbit, just trying to avoid getting beaten up by boogie men...

Yeah it's perfectly safe, it's even better imo because you don't have to keep asking for permission.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 09:15:47 am by onarum »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 08, 2011, 01:37:35 pm »

Also, what does it mean when, on reporting the death of a titan, the guy goes "so many... the world is surely a safer place now"?
It means that you reported the deaths of 3 or more evil things.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

nur

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 17, 2011, 03:02:27 pm »

Is it possible to meet your own retired adventurers while playing another?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 17, 2011, 03:05:24 pm »

Yes. ^^^ It's the best way to get capable allies, but you have to remember where you left them and then go track them down in that village. It can be kinda annoying but it's worth it; it's best to give them names that will stand out if you want to do that. I suggest real names like Bill and Jeff. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 17, 2011, 04:27:49 pm »

Finally found shops and got myself some armor, but in 3 of the shops with the best goods the guys inside will give me the "talk to s shopkeep" dialogue, and the third one has nobody in it.  All 3 of these shops have iron armor, and me wants. 

Also, which is preferable for a human character, a longsword, a scimitar, or a short sword?  Scimi and shortsword seem to have identical stats, but curious about the longsword. 
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 21, 2011, 08:18:45 pm »

Longsword is pretty much 3x as good as short sword all around

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 22, 2011, 01:53:51 pm »

Hi, as Adventure Mode is a bit cheap in vanilla, i'm looking for some mod, bigger - better, u guys know something? what about Genesis mod?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 22, 2011, 01:56:20 pm »

Hi, as Adventure Mode is a bit cheap in vanilla, i'm looking for some mod, bigger - better, u guys know something? what about Genesis mod?

Genesis is probably one of the best; it just adds so very much to adventurer.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 22, 2011, 04:08:43 pm »

Ok so i created really huge map in advanced map generator, but i can see i'm playing only on a small square of this map in adventure mode, can i play on whole map? or maby can i move further over square?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 08:24:12 am by HARD »

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 29, 2011, 08:38:59 am »

Aye, You can play a whole map. Just move with (T)ravel screen.

I have question about caverns.

Is there any clever reasons to enter caverns? And if you enter there, is there any ways to find back to surface?

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 29, 2011, 01:43:44 pm »

If you can get deep enough in a cavern, you might find some of the Hidden Fun Stuff which can be rewarding.  Getting back to the surface requires keeping good notes.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 30, 2011, 10:26:15 pm »

skill at fighting gets you through the caverns to the treasure. Skill at map making gets you back home
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 31, 2011, 06:30:59 pm »

skill at fighting gets you through the caverns to the treasure. Skill at map making gets you back home

Speaking of map making, is there any good way to automate said map making to make it easier to find my way there and back again?
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 327