Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621914 times)

Hunger

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:RETARD]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #945 on: October 07, 2012, 01:20:55 am »

i think for shields its all the same. which humorously enough makes wooden some of the best because of low weight.
What
 :o

I have to seek out elves and get their shields now.

KILL THE TREE-HUGGERS, ALL OF THEM!
The Ultimate Challenges
(Can you beat them all?)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117366.0
Made By: Hunger

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 07, 2012, 08:20:45 am »

i think for shields its all the same. which humorously enough makes wooden some of the best because of low weight.
Aye... Or fur, if you can get them (I think they're only added by the "Wanderer's Friend" mod, though... and weigh less than a strawberry!) My Dwarf Fortress (I can't call him an adventurer anymore!) is wielding ~50 shields at this point, on both hands (Might reduce my ability to hit effectively, but when an enemy hit DOES get through it, I don't lose ALL my shields when an arm goes numb). I also dual-wield an Axe and Hammer.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 09, 2012, 11:20:25 pm »

Thrall clouds how do I find them three adventures found it now for the rest of them the clouds will not appear :/

MAybe making fortresses would help?
If you have a fortress with thralls then you could find that fortress and have the thrall gas?

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: October 13, 2012, 05:05:58 am »

I've got a couple of questions about titans and other syndrome-bearing creatures having 'poisonous blood.'

1.How exactly is the syndrome transmitted? From what I can gather, walking over blood barefooted seems to do this but can the syndrome be transmitted when blood touches other bare parts of skin?

2.What would the effects of drinking the blood of such a creature be? (as a vampire and drinking blood splatters, from pools of blood, etc.)

P.S. This is my first actual forum post, though I've been a lurker for quite some time now. Pleased to meet you. :P
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 13, 2012, 11:14:54 am »

Welcome, and enjoy your stay!

1. The blood is a contact poison. The syndrome gets transmitted if a creature touches it with an exposed body part. Most often that's bare feet, but it also works if you pick up an item that is coated with the blood without wearing gloves. Or if anybody gets slashed by a bloodied weapon, wielded by a glove-wearing adventurer (hint hint).

2. I'm not entirely sure if a contact syndrome gets transmitted by ingestion, too, but Toady wouldn't forget including something like that. Anyways, I guess your question was if drinking blood has the same effects as touching the blood, and the answer is yes. Vampire blood has a special transformation interaction that only gets transmitted by drinking it, FBs don't cause spontaneous transformation but only various degrees of illness.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 11:18:07 am by Trif »
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 13, 2012, 01:47:16 pm »

Welcome, and enjoy your stay!

1. The blood is a contact poison. The syndrome gets transmitted if a creature touches it with an exposed body part. Most often that's bare feet, but it also works if you pick up an item that is coated with the blood without wearing gloves. Or if anybody gets slashed by a bloodied weapon, wielded by a glove-wearing adventurer (hint hint).

2. I'm not entirely sure if a contact syndrome gets transmitted by ingestion, too, but Toady wouldn't forget including something like that. Anyways, I guess your question was if drinking blood has the same effects as touching the blood, and the answer is yes. Vampire blood has a special transformation interaction that only gets transmitted by drinking it, FBs don't cause spontaneous transformation but only various degrees of illness.

Thanks for the quick reply. :)
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

DarbyMcB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 18, 2012, 05:16:46 am »

What is a sheep devil? and how did it join my party even though I have my max (currently 3 soldiers), I also have two prisoners, but I know they come for free.

Is a sheep devil useful? does it shoot magic?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 18, 2012, 08:27:36 am »

Devils are evil creatures that escaped from the underground to rule the overworld. Some of them like to pretend that they're human gods, so the humans worship them as deities. You're pretty lucky that it joined you!

These guys can contain many sorts of magic. Look at its description or pick a fight against bandits to see how useful it is.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 18, 2012, 08:35:26 am »

magic doesn't currently exist proper in the game...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 18, 2012, 10:45:31 am »

All right, they only have infinite deadly interactions.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 18, 2012, 12:17:04 pm »

:)  deem sheepies are FUN to have around, just stay away from it, even if its and ally, until you know what it can do...
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

DarbyMcB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 18, 2012, 01:44:41 pm »

So I'm kinda retarded and died before I saved, so so much for that, but it was useful info.

Now I'm a necromancer, but it appears that nobody likes me and I don't know what there is to do now, I have an army of ~50 and they kill people in 2-3 turns, I went to a tower, but the undead ignore the other necro's and I can't kill the 5-10 that are in there by myself.

how do I find big stuff to kill?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 18, 2012, 01:57:48 pm »

Leave your army behind by hitting one zombie.  Get quests or ask about the local area until you get 'good quests.
PKs DF Mod!

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 18, 2012, 08:03:54 pm »

I have a bunch of coins from trading stuff. However, even though I only have three different types of coins (copper, silver, gold), they clutter up my inventory. How do I get them all into three neat stacks, instead of the dozens or so they are in right now. I hope I'm making sense. If not, here's an image:

I also have two prisoners, but I know they come for free.
How do you get prisoners?

One last question, is there a utility I can use to edit adventurer stats? Runesmith doesn't work with the latest version.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:07:45 pm by tyrannus007 »
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 19, 2012, 05:40:23 am »

Well, you are using a shortsword.
Sure, it's probably sharper than hell.
But, it's short.
You're trying to cleave trolls in half with a spoon. A very sharp spoon.

This is relevant.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 327