Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 620814 times)

RockBiterSon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1290 on: March 14, 2013, 07:15:35 pm »

Thanks!

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 21, 2013, 04:42:07 pm »

Hello!

Since my efforts in adventure mode are beginning to work out, I am considering fighting foes that are not four-legged or winged :) I have been wondering about persons living under towns (dungeons, sewers) - are they all hostiles or are there members of the town who also live underground? Or rather, for a more general approach, is there a good way to tell foes from friendlies, preferably without stopping sneaking? I don't want to lose a promising hero-in-the-making to a local town's lynch mob...

Yours,
Deathworks

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 21, 2013, 05:05:08 pm »

Wait and see if they attack you. Although the actually underground ones pretty much always will.

Is there a map key anywhere, by the way? I keep confusing the less obvious symbols.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 21, 2013, 05:57:15 pm »

Is there a map key anywhere, by the way? I keep confusing the less obvious symbols.

Do you mean one of these?
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Map_legend
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 22, 2013, 05:07:16 am »

Yep, that was it. Thanks.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NightK

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 22, 2013, 06:41:08 am »

Will soldiers in fortresses reappear, after I recruit them and they die?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 22, 2013, 06:45:03 am »

Yes, but they don't need to die, you just have to travel away and come back.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

RockBiterSon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 23, 2013, 03:45:26 pm »

Is there a reason that high boots and low boots are more heavy than every other type of armour? (keep in mind that that's also doubled by wearing two of them) Or why they are the same weight as eachother? One is made from twice as much material and covers twice as much leg, and yet...

some comparative shots:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

note: I guess this doesn't really relate to adventure mode. I was just playing adventure mode when I noticed it.

EDIT: Also, how does one change something's weight in the raws? A quick glance at them tells me that weight must be calculated from a few factors as there is no number directly correlating to something's weight.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 03:52:36 pm by RockBiterSon »

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 24, 2013, 04:32:34 am »

@ rockbiter, those are some extremely heavy shoes, normally metal non-candy high boots i encounter are 3 units of weight. Im not sure about low boots, i never use low boots since they dont protect the shins.

ok, i have some questions:
1-is there a way to twist a weapon around in an enemy without actually moving to the square they're on? I know grabbing it using interact with object works if you absolutely cant move or wont move, but that does not cause additional pain or bleeding.
2-are recuperation and disease resistance actually useful in any way? i've never got an infection before on any adventurer despite using disease resistance as a dump stat. And as for recuperation, i have not noticed very significant difference in non-quicktravel/sleep based healing between superior and average (i had vampires and necromancers that didnt sleep and i was exploring the caverns wounded for days) and have even used it as a dump stat in several adventurers without noticeable consequences.
3-what is the use of memory? i've seen this stat increase before so there must be some use to it, but i usually leave it as a dump stat and i dont notice anything different otherwise
4-how much does intuition actually affect the observer skill?
5-how much do spatial awareness and kinesthetic sense actually affect combat?
6-is there a way to remove quests you dont want to complete from the quest log, and to prevent the TSK alert for that quest from showing up on your compass?
7-is there a way to increase vision radius in dark areas like caverns?
8-my caverns are empty of any creatures unless on a site (like under a fortress), did i do something wrong during world gen?
9-is there a way to mod elves and goblins such that they are able to become necromancers? adding a max age for them does not work; removing the mortality requirement token from interaction examples for the secrets does not work
10-is there a way to mod nerves on body parts to that they heal after a while if severed?
11-i notice most wounds heal, even fractures and torn ligaments heal completely. However, badly injured body parts are scarred as yellow but have no ill heal conditions or impairments; does this have any negative consequences compared to brown body part injuries? will yellow body parts due to permanently wounded skin, muscles, and fat offer less protection to nerves, bones, and arteries (compared to non-scarred)?

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 24, 2013, 05:32:10 am »

3: I think memory does exactly what you'd expect: it lets you remember what places look like for longer after you walk away.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: March 24, 2013, 06:12:36 am »

I think the memory only affects the speed of related skills.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Stats#Skills_By_Soul_Attribute
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 24, 2013, 01:53:54 pm »

I think the memory only affects the speed of related skills.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Stats#Skills_By_Soul_Attribute
this has been pretty useful, but is there any record of the degree which the attribute affects the skill? up until now i have been assuming body attributes such as strength and agility affect combat skills more than soul attributes such as kinesthetic sense and spatial awareness. And according to the chart, endurance and toughness seem to affect combat skills as well, whats up with that? arent those 2 only used to determine how long you can fight for/how much damage you take respectively?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: March 28, 2013, 11:20:21 pm »

Can a vampire be killed by an infection? I have a rather powerful adventurer with several infections, and I want to know if I should drink from my vampire blood filled waterkskin or seek out a werecreature.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Wilm0chimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 31, 2013, 08:41:26 am »

Does anyone know what the deal with becoming a vampire and speed is? Ive found various references to speed being fixed to ~1300, or slowing down because you suddenly gain tons of muscle. But I cannot find any threads giving much information, and it seems kind of gimp to go from 2000 speed to 1300.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 31, 2013, 12:19:21 pm »

Can a vampire be killed by an infection? I have a rather powerful adventurer with several infections, and I want to know if I should drink from my vampire blood filled waterkskin or seek out a werecreature.
Vampires are still susceptible to infections, but werebeasts regenerate their entire body every month.

Does anyone know what the deal with becoming a vampire and speed is? Ive found various references to speed being fixed to ~1300, or slowing down because you suddenly gain tons of muscle. But I cannot find any threads giving much information, and it seems kind of gimp to go from 2000 speed to 1300.
Your strength, agility and toughness will be doubled. Your attributes get fixed afterwards.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 327