Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621805 times)

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1320 on: April 06, 2013, 05:48:22 pm »

Deathworks is right about everything, and here is a map legend.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

adgriff2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 06, 2013, 10:10:14 pm »

Thanks! Very helpful! I also found that map legend link before I asked the question but it is missing what I now understand to be hamlets and lairs.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 07, 2013, 02:49:18 am »

Couple more questions...

1. In my research, I've found that sometimes sewer quests give me targets that are impossible to reach because there may be no entrance, or the target is a swimmer in a water filled area of the sewer. I think that's just happened to me. I've found a couple sewer entrances my looking on the travel map, but there's nothing down there but skeletons. Is there a way to get around this?

I puzzled with similar quests too. Firstly there is many sewer accesses, and they all lead to different parts of sewers. You have to search all of them. If this still won't work (like it didn't if enemies are swimmers in 7/7 water), you have still an option. It involves a little bit of cheating, but it's for justice, isn't it? Anyway, things you're going to need are DFHack and AdvFort. First use DFHacks "reveal" -ablitiy and (l)ook underground. Locate the sewers and the exact spot where they hit to the river. Use liquids-command and obsidianize with magma that point, so sewers are cut of from their water source.

Then AdvFort and the pick. Go to the dungeons under the keep (or really anywhere underground with enough space). Deconstruct the walls and start digging. Simply breach the sewer by digging/deconstructing and let the water flood the dungeon. Be careful though, there can be immense amounts of fish people down there. I had just ~50 reptile men and olm men. After water is under 6/7, you can go in (you need to be at least adequate swimmer). Slaughter 'em 'all.

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 07, 2013, 07:20:54 pm »

How the hell do you deal with archers?

Once you're a certified badass and all you can dodge their arrows or just bat them out of the air and whatnot, but whenever I try to get a new adventurer off the ground, 80% of the time I'll die to a single arrow. Either it hits me in the head/chest and I die right there, or it chips a bone and I pass out from pain. Even bringing companions doesn't help, because the archers always target me first, and always seem to hit. Even if I don't die immediately they often tear spinal tissue or whatnot and leave me to retire the adventurer because they can no longer walk.

Even armor doesn't help most of the time.

Wat do?
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 08, 2013, 01:15:38 am »

If you don't feel bad about using bugs - 300 shields in one hand

I usually hide behind a tree to begin sneaking, then I decapitate them one by one.
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 08, 2013, 06:16:57 am »

Sneaking. Sneaking saves lives. Sneak and take bandits one by one. If possible, start from archers. They don't stand a change if you manage to get close.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 11, 2013, 12:54:25 am »

If there are a bunch of bandits, light trees on fire to kill the ones away from the camp.  After they bleed to death, move on to other targets.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

StruckDown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 12, 2013, 11:54:11 pm »

8)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:57:46 pm by StruckDown »

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: April 15, 2013, 09:45:39 pm »

Where's the best place to find titans and FB's in a high savagery, high monster population, low civ world?
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: April 16, 2013, 06:24:48 am »

FBs are always underground, I'm not sure if you can find them in Adventurer mode.
Titan shrines can be anywhere. Ask the villagers about their surroundings.

Major Monocle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 17, 2013, 06:48:22 am »

What are the armor tiers? Which one provides the most protection against stabbing, or slashing, or blunt weapons? And what is the strongest weapon tier? Also, what's the difference between a breastplate and a mail shirt?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: April 17, 2013, 10:15:24 am »

Major Monocle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: April 17, 2013, 12:14:52 pm »

The wiki has answers.
Thanks, but isn't the point of this thread to answer questions? :/

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: April 17, 2013, 03:22:12 pm »

The wiki has answers.
Sure, but armor is a complex topic. The armor page on the wiki is just the best collection of all the testing results and experiences to determine the best armor material and optimal setup. Plus, now you know where you can look it up in case you forget.

Major Monocle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 18, 2013, 08:24:05 am »

The wiki has answers.
Sure, but armor is a complex topic. The armor page on the wiki is just the best collection of all the testing results and experiences to determine the best armor material and optimal setup. Plus, now you know where you can look it up in case you forget.
Ah. That's true. Ok, i have a better question. I threw my spear at a guy, but it missed or something. I got no notification at all, just a missing spear from my invy and it nowhere to be seen. Where did it go? It was a nice silver spear too. D:
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 327