Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621822 times)

snjwffl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1830 on: July 09, 2014, 10:35:36 pm »

Where is the list of quests?  The [Q]uest menu doesn't seem to have anything relevant to quests.
The list of quests are where the quests are, gone.
So there's no way to keep track of all the little "troubles" (such as bandits, beasts, abductors, etc.) and, most importantly, their locations?

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: July 09, 2014, 10:40:22 pm »

Where is the list of quests?  The [Q]uest menu doesn't seem to have anything relevant to quests.
So there's no way to keep track of all the little "troubles" (such as bandits, beasts, abductors, etc.) and, most importantly, their locations?

I've been using notepad in another window

snjwffl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: July 09, 2014, 10:42:13 pm »

Ah.  Thanks.
 I've been using notepad in another window

twinAgkistrodon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: July 09, 2014, 10:58:04 pm »

How do you keep a hand free short of just dropping the last thing you picked up?
 I dropped my shield so I could climb, and now there's 20 meat in it. Anyway to put in your backpack?
 Fairly certain it's always just gone there automatically in the past

Pressing q sheathes your weapons/shield.
Which can also sometimes calm down fleeing villagers.
Rarely.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: July 09, 2014, 11:34:15 pm »

How do you keep a hand free short of just dropping the last thing you picked up?
 I dropped my shield so I could climb, and now there's 20 meat in it. Anyway to put in your backpack?

Push "p" to place things manually in containers.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: July 10, 2014, 01:01:04 am »

How do you get tracks to not show? It gets annoying...

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: July 10, 2014, 01:06:17 am »

Push "p" to place things manually in containers.

Thanks

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: July 10, 2014, 01:08:22 am »

How do you get tracks to not show? It gets annoying...

push l to go to look mode, and press k to toggle tracks.

I ask to become part of a group and they respond "I am sorry. There is no room for you here". Does that mean I haven't done enough, or I can't literally ever join for whatever reason?
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Quailman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: July 10, 2014, 10:05:30 am »

Anybody know the best way to track down the location of a site?  I really want to check out one of those new "vault" sites, but I can't find any hints as to the location in Legends and they don't get an icon on the map as far as I can tell.  I've tried to ask for directions, but it is never in the list.  I know there are two and the world is small sized so I would think somebody somewhere would know about them...

EDIT: Found an exploit on another thread

Oh, and by the way, there's an easy trick to find vaults (technically cheating, but who cares): Use Legends mode to export the world's XML data, search for "vault" to find the map tile coordinates of the vault. Then start up Fortress Mode, and on the embark selection screen, move your embark rectangle around on that map tile until you find that single square that causes the "embark!" option to be grayed out. That is where the vault is. Take a screenshot of your embark screen, then abort Fortress Mode (don't ever save your world, your save will always be corrupted), make a backup of the world (in case DF does weird shit), and visit the site in adv mode.

I don't know what underworld spires are, but if they're aboveground, you can obviously find them like that too.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 10:15:28 am by Quailman »

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: July 10, 2014, 10:35:22 am »

How do the moving attacks work? Don't I already have to be next to the enemy to get the attack menu in the first place?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: July 10, 2014, 10:40:10 am »

How do the moving attacks work? Don't I already have to be next to the enemy to get the attack menu in the first place?

Once you've chosen an attack location, on the attack type menu there's a new set of toggles for attack modifiers. One of them is "Charge." Turn it on before you select your attack method.

You can also start sprinting and jump on to an enemy, which results in an enemy surfboard that shaves off body parts as they move along the ground.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: July 10, 2014, 01:05:33 pm »

Once you've chosen an attack location, on the attack type menu there's a new set of toggles for attack modifiers. One of them is "Charge." Turn it on before you select your attack method.

You can also start sprinting and jump on to an enemy, which results in an enemy surfboard that shaves off body parts as they move along the ground.
Surfing? Cool. Prepare to die, innocent peasants!

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: July 10, 2014, 01:18:20 pm »

Surfing? Cool. Prepare to die, innocent peasants!
EDIT: How do you find taverns? I need some meatshields in from this hamlet for a rescue, but I have no idea where the  tavern is.
Sorry, I meant to edit that, not quote it. Anyways, another question: I'm currently in some goblin pits, and I see no goblins, but I hear whistling. Is there a way to pinpoint sounds?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 01:32:48 pm by Alev »

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: July 10, 2014, 02:18:39 pm »

They should show up as exclamation points. "l"ook around for them.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: July 10, 2014, 02:20:34 pm »

They should show up as exclamation points. "l"ook around for them.
Ok. There was heavy fog, so I didn't see anyone by the time I got there.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 327