Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 622007 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2040 on: July 23, 2014, 06:49:26 am »

Important to note that after the boost from vampirism, they will never increase.
Best to train them up before becoming a vampire.
Unless that particular bug hasn't been fixed yet.
Wait, what bug?
Oh dear, I must have gone insane.
Was I mistakenly believing vampirism boosted your stats, then locked them this entire time?
That's how it works. If it's a bug or not is up to debate.
No, that's how it's intended to work, but it doesn't seem to. The [NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN] tag is broken. I haven't tried it personally, but it's been reported in various threads and on the Necromancer wiki page.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: July 23, 2014, 06:06:29 pm »

Is there any source of water to be found in a dwarf underground fortress? I wandered around a good deal of the fort and couldn't find anything, the underground road only had undrinkable muddy water (unless there is a way to purify it?) and above ground had no accessible streams nearby. I had hiked underground from a ways away to the fort so I basically left a fort with full water, got to a new one and had no available water options which was pretty annoying. Seems like dwarves should have something to drink in their homes...

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: July 23, 2014, 06:17:14 pm »

Yup, you have to find cavern lakes that are two z-levels deep (or deeper). That water is drinkable because there's less mud in it relative to the water depth.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: July 23, 2014, 06:35:42 pm »

But none in the fortress itself (well or something)?

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: July 23, 2014, 07:12:49 pm »

When do you get more companions? I killed 3 titans and still can't get more than 2.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: July 23, 2014, 08:48:07 pm »

When do you get more companions? I killed 3 titans and still can't get more than 2.

Have you spread the word via rumor of the kills?

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: July 23, 2014, 08:50:41 pm »

Have you spread the word via rumor of the kills?

Yes i tell the dude I killed 3 titans a minotaur and a lot of kobolds. Says band is too large. I use empathy and linguistic as a dump stat, but I thought it was social awareness that effects companions joining.

YvAd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: July 23, 2014, 09:44:57 pm »

What should i change my attack preferences to to fix over-using non-weapon attacks? My guy is obsessed with punching, kicking and scratching instead of using his sword.
In the newest version, vampires deny being vampires. Try face-stabbing instead.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: July 23, 2014, 10:18:54 pm »

What should i change my attack preferences to to fix over-using non-weapon attacks? My guy is obsessed with punching, kicking and scratching instead of using his sword.

That's fixed in 40.04

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: July 23, 2014, 11:11:14 pm »

when choking an enemy do they start to lose air as soon as the choke hold is put on them and strangulation just speeds it up or do you have to perform the strangulation to achieve anything

From what I've seen, choking does remove air, but it takes a really long time before getting any significant results(like, many dozen turns). Accidentally killed someone this way.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: July 24, 2014, 12:04:23 am »

when choking an enemy do they start to lose air as soon as the choke hold is put on them and strangulation just speeds it up or do you have to perform the strangulation to achieve anything

From what I've seen, choking does remove air, but it takes a really long time before getting any significant results(like, many dozen turns). Accidentally killed someone this way.

cool thanks so it is possible to simultaneously suffocate 2 people at once just takes a while cool
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

snakesoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: July 24, 2014, 05:43:08 am »

I can enter into a fort and start a massacre without being attacked... Also, I went to a necro tower and all the necromancers ran away when I was close to the entrance (without attacking me).

Bugs, right?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: July 24, 2014, 05:46:47 am »

cool thanks so it is possible to simultaneously suffocate 2 people at once just takes a while cool
You can suffocate someone with each part of your arms, not just your hands. And if you lie down, you can choke people with your legs. I once choked a hydra to death by strangling all of its throats.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: July 24, 2014, 05:59:27 am »

You can suffocate someone with each part of your arms, not just your hands. And if you lie down, you can choke people with your legs. I once choked a hydra to death by strangling all of its throats.

oh interesting
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

YvAd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: July 24, 2014, 07:17:09 am »

Can someone confirm whether the no_phys_att_gain is broken or working? I'm hoping I didn't just lock my stats at above average.
In the newest version, vampires deny being vampires. Try face-stabbing instead.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 327