Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 622091 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3510 on: March 03, 2016, 12:54:40 pm »

I can make forgotten beast soap!

So it only works if the material is poured onto the ground? -w-
It only works if it is in the container the job requires. Sand needs a bag, lye and milk of lime need a bucket.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: March 03, 2016, 12:57:26 pm »

I've done that. I've added reactions that specify a waterskin, as well as reactions that are blind to what type of container is used, and they don't work. They haven't worked for as long as I'm aware of.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: March 03, 2016, 01:05:19 pm »

I've done that. I've added reactions that specify a waterskin, as well as reactions that are blind to what type of container is used, and they don't work. They haven't worked for as long as I'm aware of.
Then it sounds like you have little questions for Warmist.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: March 03, 2016, 01:20:06 pm »

Are you doing this using actual modded-in reactions, or are you using Advfort? If you got my hopes up for a non-DFHack solution for nothing, I will eat you. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: March 03, 2016, 02:20:46 pm »

Advfort. And you can eat my pick, like all the other dragons.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: March 03, 2016, 02:23:59 pm »

Hnng. I knew it. Damn. ;A;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: March 04, 2016, 01:50:02 pm »

What is the best way now to increase your rep and get more followers? Who do I brag to and how much?  What kills do I brag about?

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: March 04, 2016, 01:52:57 pm »

What is the best way now to increase your rep and get more followers? Who do I brag to and how much?  What kills do I brag about?

Increase your reputation by bragging in public about killing vampires and then bandits once you can take on groups.
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3518 on: March 04, 2016, 02:47:19 pm »

Also don't use the brag option use the "spread rumor" option.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: March 04, 2016, 03:58:15 pm »

Bragging will inform people, but increases intimidation, so it may leave them with a more negative view than if you told in rumor or badly told in story. Reserve it for people you're about to kill or are trying to shake down (like robbing someone or getting a tribute from a government group,) but try to keep it out of earshot of the general public. Unless you're trying to subjugate them all and rule them in your tyrannical fist, then nothing really holds you back, does it?

After you've racked up a significant number of kills, you'd have to spam brag a lot before your most significant kills randomly pop out of your mouth.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: March 04, 2016, 04:01:39 pm »

do NOT brag about vampires, especially in their home civ. I do not think the ai understands that those people are bad for them, so they treat them like any other person. to raise reputation kill named animals like wolves. they tend to come as only the one creature, much easier to kill than a whole wolf pack, and much much easier to kill than most mega and semi-mega beasts
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: March 04, 2016, 04:06:30 pm »

Well, the lack of control over who you brag about is one of the flat negatives of using it. It's so scattershot that any deeds you would not want to brag about are as likely to be aired as your legendary victories.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: March 04, 2016, 04:14:19 pm »

Thank you guys for the help!

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: March 04, 2016, 04:16:12 pm »

Bragging will inform people, but increases intimidation, so it may leave them with a more negative view than if you told in rumor or badly told in story. Reserve it for people you're about to kill or are trying to shake down (like robbing someone or getting a tribute from a government group,) but try to keep it out of earshot of the general public. Unless you're trying to subjugate them all and rule them in your tyrannical fist, then nothing really holds you back, does it?

After you've racked up a significant number of kills, you'd have to spam brag a lot before your most significant kills randomly pop out of your mouth.

How do I rule or subjugate people? What does it do?

Is there a wiki article for this stuff?

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: March 04, 2016, 05:05:40 pm »

How do I rule or subjugate people? What does it do?

Is there a wiki article for this stuff?
I've been wondering also. So far, it looks like if you kill everyone in a keep or meadhall and walk into the throne room, you automatically become the ruler. 

I'm also not sure what the implications of that are, especially since you can repeat the process and establish a different "group" each time you do it.

Meanwhile, after taking over a keep, I noticed a bunch of camps surrounding. Most of them contained a bunch of random civilians, including a "leader" (boss, etc.) I assumed these were invaders and slew them all in their sleep (it was broad daylight, btw.) I also noticed that once I slew the leader, my followers made quick work of the rest, so clearly they were all of a faction. Of course, the only weapons they had were knives, and each one had a pouch of coins.

But then I found a camp where the only one in it was a human fisherman. Should I assume this is another dangerous invader?

And does it even matter that I systematically wiped out all of these camps?

And I'm also very curious about the implications of lordship in this game. It seems to be an incredibly easy title to attain.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 327