Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621892 times)

win32anon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3570 on: March 08, 2016, 01:03:54 am »

Looking at my character info, under health I can see that my left hand skin, fat and muscle are damaged, and I have a sensory never damaged. It doesn't prevent me from using a shield or anything.
The left lower arm also is damaged the skin and fat, and it has a infection.

I wonder if will it ever heal up, I traveled a lot and slept too. But still I have those wounds.

Is this normal?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: March 08, 2016, 01:11:47 am »

Pretty sure the wound's closed and fine, but infection never goes away, at least in older versions. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

win32anon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: March 08, 2016, 01:13:29 am »

How long does it take? I don't know when I got those wounds, but it's been a while.

For the record, I'm on version 42.06

win32anon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: March 08, 2016, 06:01:49 am »

After accusing a vampire of being a night creature, nobody react to it. If I attack him the people in town will get mad at me.

Is there a proper way to accuse vampires, proving they are night creatures?

Or is this still a bug?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 06:05:53 am by win32anon »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: March 08, 2016, 06:33:44 am »

Still a bug, I just set fires under/around them and then report the death.

win32anon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: March 08, 2016, 10:55:17 am »

I'm the hearthperson of a lord, and for this I can do quest to make him happy, but I got the option to ask someone to be my hearthperson. What's the benefit of having a hearthperson?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: March 08, 2016, 12:01:41 pm »

once I became a werebeast in front of all 14 of my companions, I did survive, and went back to my mead hall to find that two of my companions had come back they were both hearthpeople, so maybe that's something? otherwise I do not think yet there is anything, but later toady might add the ability to tell your hearthpeople to do stuff in the same way your lord does it.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: March 08, 2016, 12:59:10 pm »

I just use it when I do regime changes. Assassinate a lord or administrator, claim the site, impress people, get a bunch of hearthpeople, give the position to one of them, now they have a bunch of hearthpeople and you can become one and do quests.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3578 on: March 08, 2016, 02:02:11 pm »

After accusing a vampire of being a night creature, nobody react to it. If I attack him the people in town will get mad at me.

Is there a proper way to accuse vampires, proving they are night creatures?

Or is this still a bug?

It depends, if they are surrounded by innocuous people, they may very well have a cult, who will then attack you if you do something to their vampire friend,  vampire cults have been a thing since 34.01
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: March 08, 2016, 06:08:48 pm »

Maybe you should make some attempt to win over the townspeople before slaying someone they've known for years. Or at least get them familiar with you. Or better yet, recruit the vampire. That's sure to be the death of them.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: March 09, 2016, 02:47:19 pm »

yeah, try to impress the vampire with a performance, make him join as a performer, then take him to the woods and kill him, then tell your lord the deed is done
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: March 09, 2016, 03:29:50 pm »

yeah, try to impress the vampire with a performance, make him join as a performer, then take him to the woods and kill him, then tell your lord the deed is done
You don't even have to kill him yourself, just be patient and let him do what companions do. You don't have to tell your lord anything more than that he's slain, and you can tell his thralls he died a glorious death. Until then, you have an excellent meatshield.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3582 on: March 09, 2016, 03:54:57 pm »

You don't even have to kill him yourself, just be patient and let him do what companions do. You don't have to tell your lord anything more than that he's slain, and you can tell his thralls he died a glorious death. Until then, you have an excellent meatshield.

I had a agreement from a lord to kill a vampire, I killed it, told the lord of the hamlet the vampire resided in about the vampires presence in his village he said it was terrifying, then told him how i killed the vampire and he said thank you for "ridding him of a nuisance". Perhaps townspeople are too simple minded to grasp the nuisance that is  a vampire, now i'm heading back to my original village to complete the quest.

I also killed a bandit nearby to the lords village before hand though, so maybe I gained their trust? He thinks i'm brave now.

I am now marching back to my village to turn it in.
I am an indie game dev!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: March 09, 2016, 04:19:20 pm »

Vampires are much more durable than the average suicidal companion. I had one that survived all the traps in a tomb and led him, already bleeding and crawling, across a tile beside the tomb. The mummy gave him a friendly greeting, but when the skeletons attacked me, he attacked back ("This is my fight, too!") I think even if he did get the curse he would've lasted longer than any other companion. I suppose I could've gotten extra credit if I let the mummy animate him before killing them both.

Seems wasteful to just kill him yourself.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3584 on: March 09, 2016, 04:41:52 pm »

Vampires are much more durable than the average suicidal companion. I had one that survived all the traps in a tomb and led him, already bleeding and crawling, across a tile beside the tomb. The mummy gave him a friendly greeting, but when the skeletons attacked me, he attacked back ("This is my fight, too!") I think even if he did get the curse he would've lasted longer than any other companion. I suppose I could've gotten extra credit if I let the mummy animate him before killing them both.

Seems wasteful to just kill him yourself.

I was ambushed by the group of bandits to which the one bandit I killed earlier belonged on the way to my village (verified with legends mode) (and they were tracking me down hard on the travel map too) Which  means I guess bandits are capable of tracking you down and killing you if you piss them off. I was able to push them back on my way to the village, killing a few, but when I got to my village they ambushed me again in the middle of the village. I fought them off AGAIN and I turned in the quest, then I headed out and they ambushed me AGAIN, this time one of them got a lucky shot (there were only 3 left) and I died.
I am an indie game dev!
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 327