Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621921 times)

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4185 on: April 01, 2017, 10:17:36 pm »

is it possible to actually get a guide?
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/ has all the nice details, be wary of spoilers, but theres very good help in the wiki
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: April 02, 2017, 12:43:27 am »

If you mean guide to a location... I'm not sure, I never get them to work, but it should work fine.

newtonsolo313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: April 02, 2017, 07:45:37 am »

Yeah I mean a guide to a location

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #4188 on: April 03, 2017, 05:20:43 pm »

Wouldn't you just be able to hit Q and see the site?
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

roqi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: April 06, 2017, 04:29:33 pm »

If I put vampire blood in a barrel in a tavern, or in a town well, will folks become vampires? If I drop off books at a library, will folks read them and become necromancers? Will books that I wrote and left at a library become copied and spread?

And, I seem to have misplaced my companion, she got lost somewhere along the way. Is there a chance she will still catch up? Legends say she's still alive and fine.
Why no [HERBIVORE] tag?

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: April 06, 2017, 04:42:52 pm »

Can you destroy religions?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: April 06, 2017, 04:44:23 pm »

And, I seem to have misplaced my companion, she got lost somewhere along the way. Is there a chance she will still catch up?
Press shift+q,a to see your agreements including those with companions. If the companion agreement is not concluded then, yeah, if you run across each other.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: April 06, 2017, 06:27:38 pm »

If I put vampire blood in a barrel in a tavern, or in a town well, will folks become vampires? If I drop off books at a library, will folks read them and become necromancers? Will books that I wrote and left at a library become copied and spread?
Tampering with barrels prevents their use in a tavern, tampering with mugs on the other hand...

Necrolibrarians are totally a thing.

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: April 06, 2017, 07:58:47 pm »

Can you destroy religions?

As of yet, no.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #4194 on: April 06, 2017, 09:41:17 pm »

Alright, questions that will totally determine the route I'm going with my little adventurer :

1°) What happens exactly when you become a lord/lady? I am a militia man at the moment ; does that cancels the agreement? If the city belongs to my faction (it is in ruins) does that makes me in conflict with the ruling band, even tho they are not present?
1°-b)Will the city start to repopulate at some point? Can I reclaim the city in fortress mode afterward? Will the recruited hearthpeople travel of their own to my city or do I have to guide them myself?

2°) I'm currently given the order to cause trouble in an elven city. I dont mind that at all but what does that means? Just take a random elf and smoosh him in the nearest tree? Or just argue? Or burn their forest?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: April 07, 2017, 02:38:54 am »

Becoming a lord/lady doesnt mean anything right now, really. If youre the only contender for the throne that actually holds the mead hall, then you are defacto in charge. Other groups can always claim rulership, but having access to the mead  hall is the most important part of being respected as the ruling government. Making a claim as lord of a site will revoke your status as a hearthperson to other lords, though.
Hearthpeople are odd at the moment. Sometimes theyll migrate to your site but i think the majority remain where their home location is. Sometimes recruits you never asked to join and never met just appear in the mead hall and if asked will claim to be your hearthperson. You cant reclaim any sites except dwarven forts, and you cant really stake a claim on dwarven forts as an adventurer because they technically dont haave a designated mead hall or governing throne area in either generated or player forts. Im not sure if cities will repopulate or not, but things like temples and taverns in abandoned cities will be restored after making your claim, even if nobodys there.

Im not totally sure what your lord/lady actually wants you to do, but i think harassing people and demanding they yield and give you items should work. You can start fistfights, but keep in mind murder is murder as far as your lord will be concerned.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: April 07, 2017, 02:53:55 am »

If you do successfully let me know how to complete the cause trouble order, lemme know, Toady said starting fights and such should work but I've yet to have it mark as completed.

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: April 07, 2017, 10:28:11 am »

How do I find out the leaders name of a site? Also when I use legends viewer to find it I can't ask people to show me where they are, why is that? Where do Elven leaders hang out?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #4198 on: April 07, 2017, 11:00:58 pm »

That I can respond ! Go to the worldmap, find those blue tree houses. Now [l]ook [<]up. You'll find that elves are like fruits, hanging in the trees and actually delicious. After that, you may talk to them from the ground, or you'd have to clumb up.

(Also thanks for the previous answer ; everything failed tho and now I have killed a lord, have an army of woodland beasts after me and elves are crying in a corner, but for some reason this is not considered "troubles")

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: April 08, 2017, 11:21:14 am »

Well I was looking more for a way to find a specific character. But thanks for trying :P Seems you can't find out who the leader of a site is if it is controlled by elves because they don't actually have site "lords" as it were. They do have leaders but that is not registered the same as a human town or hamlet so I can't take over an elven town :( .... yet.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 327