Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1831095 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2010, 10:08:07 pm »

If you do convert it into video game format, be sure to have a weather channel on the TV they can check... With a very low dependability on the forecast, just like real life.  ;D

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2010, 10:11:28 pm »

It'd more be a mechanic than a full game. It's kind of symbolic cause the constant paranoia about whether or not you were mad would inevitably drive you insane.
*Hugs*

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2010, 10:43:07 pm »

It may just be because its 10:30, but Amnesia got me so scared so fast I couldn't keep playing past the demi-tutorial area.
I will most definitely only be playing this during the day when everyone is awake and in the house. XD

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2010, 11:13:48 pm »

Same thing happened to me, and I don't scare easily. Then I also got pissed of at myself for falling for such overused scare tricks. But it's different when it's a game, I guess.
Love, scriver~

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2011, 11:13:29 am »

The idea of both how close and how far I am to being able to program my own game.

Also, inputting bitmaps and the file stream in general.
Signature goes here.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2011, 02:31:58 pm »

A friend of a friend's profile picture on Facebook.  The horrors.  The more I watch that face, the more terrified I become.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2011, 03:09:46 pm »

Daww.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2011, 07:12:37 am »

Shores of Hazeron.  I had no idea that it could be a horror game.

Except that at night...it's pitch-goddamn-black.  And sometimes the only time you know there's anything there is that you're building along and suddenly the labor window says "STOP!  Wild animal present!"  And you look around and you can't see anything.  Nothing.  Because your colony doesn't have its power plant up.  In fact, I was at that very moment trying to get a road out to the new hydro plant site, so that just increases the survival-horror aspect right there.

So I flail around a little...back off...it seems like the critter is wandering in and out of the tile so I say okay, well, I'll just go stab it...if I can find it.  And I whip out my torch.

First thing I notice is this flying thing divebombing my face, and those are SCARY.  (Not least because those critters often kill you dead.)  I react a lot like someone who had a bat fly into their face.  Then I turn and...there's this humanoid with shiny skin.  Just standing there.  Staring.  Staring at me, not moving, shining in the torchlight.  Oh dear god I scrambled the hell out of there because that was way scarier than anything else.

So later on that night, the site seems to be clear, so I fetch the resources and...oh, my last wrench broke, better go hit up the machine shop and start making new ones.  On the way back I hear something that doesn't quite sound right.  So I turn on the light and there's this creepy beetle thing which is kind of scary, yeah, and I figure okay it's time to book it out of here.  And then it falls over in a spray of blood, and this twenty foot tall monster with eight fucking eyes WHIPS its neck down to chomp on it, then it turns and looks right at me.  OH FUCK OH FUCK RECALL OH FUCK

...I didn't make it in time.

EDIT:  Oh, and apparently it ripped my environment suit helmet off, too.  If aliens shredding through a space marine's helmet in a potentially-lethal environment aren't a horror trope, I don't know what is.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 07:24:50 am by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2011, 11:17:51 am »

Not really today, but this was one moment that made me genuinely at least a bit creeped out. I was reading the last part of the introduction of House of Leaves, and while reading Truant's last paragraphs, a blackout happens. So suddenly I'm reading a text talking about how terrifying darkness can be, and suddenly everything is pitch black.
Nobody else was awake, so nobody noticed except me, it lasted about 10 seconds. Those were the scariest 10 seconds I've had in months.

This book is awesome.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2011, 11:28:59 am »

found a old m-80 in my closet so i feelt this was a good time to blow it up. the stuff was so old the damn thing exploded in my hand the moment i lit it. luckily i got Matrix skills and turned my body around. I so deaf right now like the time my dad blew his muzzle-loader behind my head during hunting. (i had to be near the end of the barrel)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2011, 01:01:58 pm »

Are you certain that it was an M-80? Those things have the explosive force of a quarter-stick of dynamite. Even aged and turned around, I'd expect you to be short an arm after that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2011, 01:03:54 pm »

.....it said M-80 on it. I played with dangerous stuff so i built up some form of reaction for protection.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2011, 08:46:44 pm »

Oh Leslie Arzt.  We knew you so very, very briefly.

/lostie
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2011, 10:57:07 pm »

I have a heart condition. I've had it all my life. If I take too heavy of a hit, my heart will basically just start flailing instead of pumping, and then I will die. I played football for three years, and did karate and MMA for five years. Holy shit.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2011, 01:00:16 am »

I must have acciedentally clicked on the collapse button for Finally... because it had been, well, collapsed, and I didn't see the headliner bar. I thought Toady had gotten sick of the drama and had nuked the entire subforum. I even made a panicked comment on the steam group >.>
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 1420