Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 124326 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 1: Ghostly Meeting
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2010, 05:23:13 pm »

So why acknowledge it at all?
While I'm at it, IronyOwl:  Which two people here do you think would make the best scum duo?  Why?
At the moment I'm leaning towards me n Zathras. I consider us both good players of the detail-aware variety. I'm actually not sure I've ever seen Zathras' scum game, but if it's essentially his town game (as I strive for myself) I think we'd be very, very good at annihilating weak players and going head-to-head with any strong ones who suspected us.

Of course, I'm currently in fuck yeah Zathras mode for his brutal dissection of Jokerman, so that could be coloring my opinion.
Because it was relevant to the question. I suppose I could have said "Me and Zathras" with no further elaboration, but that wouldn't have been a useful answer. I certainly could have left out the second part, but again, I felt it was relevant.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2010, 05:33:02 pm »

Hey everyone. I was sleeping, and then at school.
Yay, Exam week. Wooo.
Wait a minute, gotta read thread.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2010, 05:39:56 pm »

At Native, I am quite experienced at this game, as many people on this sub-forum will tell you. /sarcasm
I have played many games, and am a good player. However, some idiots on this forum feel the need to lynch me every game, saying that it helps the town, which it doesn't, because they are fucking dumb.

At Arg, haters gonna hate.

At Arch, I checked some stuff but it was late and I was on my iPod, and didn't feel like posting. And then I went to school.

You guys are all dumb, and by you guys, I mean those who are trying to use meta, and by those who are trying to use meta, I mean Nirur.
Nirur.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2010, 05:57:05 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Zathras -
Pandarsenic - IronyOwl,
Org - MysteriousBluePuppet, Archangel,
Ottofar - Mr.Person,
Argembarger -
Toaster -
Archangel -
MysteriousBluePuppet - Ottofar,
IronyOwl - Toaster,
Jokerman-EXE - Argembarger,
NativeForeigner -
Nirur Torir - Org,
Mr.Person -

Not Voting - Pandarsenic, Zathras, NativeForeigner, Jokerman-EXE, Nirur Torir,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Thursday 9 PM Central.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2010, 06:22:28 pm »

You forgot the date.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2010, 07:48:20 pm »

You forgot the date.
Heh.

How I managed that, I hope never to know.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2010, 08:17:35 pm »

it is well implied next thursday.  Don't play smartass, does not suit you.

to Org, I'v never seen you after day 1 (even while i have not played many games, still something unusual) so i'll unvote you for today.

As for the Jokerman vs IronyOwl, depends on what you consider worse for town. In my case, i'm most worried about Irony. Hell, he played enough games to know that it's not the town way, especially on day 1. You dont know if hes town, scum or 3rd party ( unless you share the scum blanket with him). Worse is, you reason is because he is a good player ? Come on now, that's bs. Really, you should be MORE carefull of trusting someone you know is good. Last thing we need is scums with pet townies.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2010, 09:59:36 pm »

As for the Jokerman vs IronyOwl, depends on what you consider worse for town. In my case, i'm most worried about Irony. Hell, he played enough games to know that it's not the town way, especially on day 1.
I'm not sure what you mean.

You dont know if hes town, scum or 3rd party ( unless you share the scum blanket with him). Worse is, you reason is because he is a good player ? Come on now, that's bs. Really, you should be MORE carefull of trusting someone you know is good. Last thing we need is scums with pet townies.
Where did I say I trusted him?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2010, 10:18:40 pm »

You did not, yet you don,t seem all that eager on doing some scumhunting yourselves. right now, you i look to you and all i hear is  : Me, scumhunting ? Nah, Zathras is handling that pretty well. Hes doing a real fine job.

2 choice, you trust him or you don't. If you do trust him then go ahead and just take what he find for cash. If you don't trust him then show it and get cracking.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2010, 10:51:55 pm »

Zathras, how do YOU feel about IronyOwl grouping you and him and against Jokerman-EXE?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2010, 11:09:28 pm »

So on a scale of 1 to Bullshit, who else thinks this shit going on between Jow/Owl/Zath is total nonsense?
So you don't think anything Jokerman's said is scummy? Do you think any of what me or Zath has said is scummy? What's your take on this nonsense situation?

IronyOwl.

Pandar lumped you three together with no indication of whom he though was more or less scummy.  You respond by trying to get him to suspect Joker, while putting yourself and Zath in a better light.  You've been buddying Zath in damn near every post of yours, and trying to railroad Jokerman.  You're scum.
The hell? I asked whether he thought Jokerman was scummy because I find it hard to believe he thinks "ignore lurkers they're fine" is normal. How exactly is asking about him first trying to convince him of anything?

Where exactly am I putting myself and Zath in a better light?

I only buddied Zath once, in my response to you. Where else have I buddied him? Or did you mean to say agreeing with someone is buddying?

Finally, what do you mean by "trying to railroad Jokerman"?

It's the way you separate Jokerman from you and Zathras.  Your "So you don't think anything Jokerman's said is scummy?" is basically saying "Look at how scummy Jokerman is!  Isn't he?"  Contrast that to the way you asked about you and Zath:

So you don't think anything Jokerman's said is scummy?
Do you think any of what me or Zath has said is scummy?

"You don't think...?"  versus  "Do you think...?"  You make it sound as if you're almost shocked anyone could find him not scummy.  And as to your other question...

At the moment I'm leaning towards me n Zathras. I consider us both good players of the detail-aware variety. I'm actually not sure I've ever seen Zathras' scum game, but if it's essentially his town game (as I strive for myself) I think we'd be very, very good at annihilating weak players and going head-to-head with any strong ones who suspected us.

Of course, I'm currently in fuck yeah Zathras mode for his brutal dissection of Jokerman, so that could be coloring my opinion. Zath n Pandar might be pretty good for scumbuddies that rage a bit at each other, meaning if either falls the other looks good.

Bud

Haha, but really, if Zathras wasn't going after you for your bullshit I'd be doing so much more rigorously. In fact, why don't I point out some original suspicions in that same vein?

dy

No. It's not really helped by not lurking because Zathras' been putting pressure on him; he's basically openly stated that he wouldn't be doing anything at all until something fell into his lap.

-snip

So you don't think anything Jokerman's said is scummy? Do you think any of what me or Zath has said is scummy? What's your take on this nonsense situation?

ing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2010, 11:34:10 pm »

You did not, yet you don,t seem all that eager on doing some scumhunting yourselves. right now, you i look to you and all i hear is  : Me, scumhunting ? Nah, Zathras is handling that pretty well. Hes doing a real fine job.

2 choice, you trust him or you don't. If you do trust him then go ahead and just take what he find for cash. If you don't trust him then show it and get cracking.
I'm questioning both Pandarsenic and Jokerman, and the only reason I'm being so light on the latter is Zath is already on him.

Regardless, I believe I've done more on each than you have in total. Perhaps you should lead by example? Who do you trust too much to bother scumhunting?

The hell? I asked whether he thought Jokerman was scummy because I find it hard to believe he thinks "ignore lurkers they're fine" is normal. How exactly is asking about him first trying to convince him of anything?

Where exactly am I putting myself and Zath in a better light?

It's the way you separate Jokerman from you and Zathras.  Your "So you don't think anything Jokerman's said is scummy?" is basically saying "Look at how scummy Jokerman is!  Isn't he?"  Contrast that to the way you asked about you and Zath:

So you don't think anything Jokerman's said is scummy?
Do you think any of what me or Zath has said is scummy?

"You don't think...?"  versus  "Do you think...?"  You make it sound as if you're almost shocked anyone could find him not scummy.
Bolded for redundancy. Since I have trouble believing he could really find Joker's tirade nonscummy, I asked with "You don't think so?" Since not thinking so would presumably- but not necessarily- speak ill of me and/or Zath, I then asked with "Do you think so?" The bigger question is why you're trying to turn something I openly explained into a suspected scumtell.

But you're right, asking anything but completely neutrally-phrased questions is utterly scummy. Good catch there, I almost thought no one would notice my mind control powers.

And as to your other question...

Of course, I'm currently in fuck yeah Zathras mode for his brutal dissection of Jokerman, so that could be coloring my opinion. Zath n Pandar might be pretty good for scumbuddies that rage a bit at each other, meaning if either falls the other looks good.

Bud
Yes...

Haha, but really, if Zathras wasn't going after you for your bullshit I'd be doing so much more rigorously. In fact, why don't I point out some original suspicions in that same vein?

dy
Wait, what? "If X wasn't going after you I would be" is buddying X? Are you sure your definition of "buddying" isn't "agrees with him"?

No. It's not really helped by not lurking because Zathras' been putting pressure on him; he's basically openly stated that he wouldn't be doing anything at all until something fell into his lap.

-snip

ing.
What again. Are you sure your definition of buddying isn't mentions his name?

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2010, 01:00:14 am »

I'm questioning both Pandarsenic and Jokerman, and the only reason I'm being so light on the latter is Zath is already on him.

Regardless, I believe I've done more on each than you have in total. Perhaps you should lead by example? Who do you trust too much to bother scumhunting?

haha, what?! For real? :P

You basically admitted that you were not doing alot since Zathras had done a 'brutal dissection of Jokerman'. Pull your head up your ass, appart from putting Zath and yourself on a pedestal and then feign offense when people call bullshit on your ridiculous self aggrandizing delusion of utility is not some fucking scumhunting. That FoS on you was not just for the fun of it.

And as to your other question...

Bud
Yes...

Hey, we agree!. Life's good sometimes.

dy
Wait, what? "If X wasn't going after you I would be" is buddying X? Are you sure your definition of "buddying" isn't "agrees with him"?

Hah, that would imply that you actually did anything, see above

-snip

ing.
What again. Are you sure your definition of buddying isn't mentions his name?

Well, the thing is that its sound like some kind of Zath-Irony alliance versus Jokerman the way you say it.  What i find the best is how you imply that you actually participated, thing you said you did not had to do since Zath was doing it so well.

You are the man for now Irony.  If you want to throw back the quotes with the reason why for you it's not buddying go ahead, but i'm certain people here already got their opinion on it. If you want to be actually usefull, go right ahead, i'll be checking you go.

as asked by Toaster, i'd like to head you Zathras on Irony , Do you consider it buddying ? As he ( since you are apparently a mentor figure to him) done any kind of work for the town ?
For the others ill post something tommorow morning once i got some shut-eye

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2010, 01:01:36 am »

Heh, quotes fail. My response are just under Ironyowl own's. Ill be leaving now before i destroy more stuff

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2010, 01:23:36 am »

Quote from: NativeForeigner
Zathras: Why do you consider someone's policy on lurking an important aspect of this game?

It's always important to understand a player's motivations and stances on the rest of the players. Lurking is one aspect of this, and the one that proved interesting in Jokerman, so I pulled at it.

Zathras:
In your own words, RVS is over, and we're full-throttle scumhunting. Your refusal to participate in RVS is scummy on its own, but even scummier is your saying that lurking is OK (yes, you did, see above). You a) actively refused to consider a cultist faction until called up on it; b) think town lurking is not scummy; c) think RVS is useless, even if it brought up the first interesting conversation of the game; and d) have failed to do anything useful for town whatsoever.  You are scum. If pressed for details, I'd guess of the cultist kind.
That's an interesting leap there.  How do you figure cultist?

I think he's scum, but I'm not sure he's cultist; I just think his "only scum+town, and mmmmmaybe a third party" is an attempt at misdirecting our attention from a potential cult, which would be a good strategy for a cultist scum, so I'm partial to that possibility. The last thing a cultist wants if for anyone to even think the word "cult", so when asked, he mentioned everyone but.

He seems to have cracked under pressure, and cracked scum. Look at his latest post:

FUCKING FIREFOX ARRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Don't have much time to post today, not sure if I'll be back.

Classic preemptive lurking excuse: my browser hates me, so minimal post now, and don't attack me if I don't respond later. waaaahhh...

Quote from: jokerman
One thing that I have decided on is that you don't feel like scum right now. As such, I think it would be better to focus on pulling other players into the game, and we can revisit this argument D2, when lurking becomes a bigger thing and when it might make more sense to us. Does that sound reasonable?

It would, if you weren't scum. However, what you're saying is "leave me alone! quit picking on me! I'll say whatever you want, just go away!" No. The only reason for you to want the conversation over until D2 is because you are uncomfortable with the attention. Trying to slink back into obscurity is what scum do. Or isn't saying "not sure if I'll be back" an attempt to get out of the spotlight, trying to lurk though D1 the way you normally do, RVS or no?

Because you are being inconsistent: You say you don't like to participate in RVS, but are ready to play after it. We (you and I) are past that, but instead of continuing the conversation, you think I should go back to "draw others in" (probably by random voting them), and letting you go back into the shadows of nonparticipation. What are you hiding from? It's not RVS; that's over, yes? then what? This is utterly scummy.

Quote from: Jokerman
Native: It's funny, because someone asked me that same question like, last year when I said that I hated RVS. And you know what? It hasn't affected the game yet. I'm just saying, it's not like I just ignore the game until D2. I'm here and ready to play, I just don't like wasting time with throwing stupid questions around. Like the one you quoted there.

But you aren't. I'm not asking you inane questions, and yet you are all "I can't post, firefox hates me, go pick on someone else!" You outright lie on the bolded parts, don't you?

Also, you didn't respond to Person's question: What do you think of Zathras' case against you? Do you see his side? Does it have any merit or grain of truth? This is not an inane RVS question, yes? So where are you "here and ready to play"?

You are scum. Lying scum, wilfully lurking scum, self-contradictory scum. The worst combinations of scum. Vote Jokerman-EXE. But enough about you.

Pandarsenic
Quote from: Pandar
So on a scale of 1 to Bullshit, who else thinks this shit going on between Jow/Owl/Zath is total nonsense?
Wow, what a useless first post. How about you give us your opinions? Is it total nonsense? Do you think it's irrelevant that he contradicted himself numerous times, proposed anti-town tactics were OK, and the cowered back into the shadows when pressed?

Quote from: Pandar
Zathras, how do YOU feel about IronyOwl grouping you and him and against Jokerman-EXE?
Meh; it was the first interesting thing to happen, so I think asking about it is quite Kosher; the grouping was a bit odd, but not too much. However:

IronyOwl
Dude, I also think I'm great, and agree that agreeing with someone is not the same as buddying, but yeah, cut it out. As far as I see, you only really buddied me once; I do think Toaster and Pandar (and now MBP) are blowing it out of proportion, but yeah, quit bogarting my target and go pick on someone else instead of cheering from the gallery.

Toaster
You didn't answer the question: do you think Jokerman's contradictions and anti-town leanings are not scummy? Should he be allowed to get away with it?

Mr.Person
Thank you for the response on possible factions. Ironically, I've asked it like five times, and yours was the first coherent response that actually addressed it (other than Jokerman's patently ridiculous/scummy "town+scum and mmmmmaybe a third party"). Do you have an inkling yet as to whether there will be rival mafia families? What do you think of my hypothesis that Jokerman is probably of the Cultist variant of scum? (again, I'm not sure of this, but I think it likely for reasons already given).

Org:
You are being more useless than usual. My meta-reading on you is that quiet Org is scum-Org. Please answer these: a) who are your top three scummiest?; b) what do you think of Joker's scummitude? How 'bout Irony's or Pandar's?; c) Do you agree with Joker's comments on lurkers ("ignore them until you're convinced all the active players are town")?; d) how likely do you think is it that a cultist is amongst us? Any other interesting types of scum come to your mind?

Archangel, Ottofar, you've been also useless so far. Please come in and contribute, or die.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 77