Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Good creatures/civs for race expansion - Looking for ideas  (Read 6258 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Good creatures/civs for race expansion - Looking for ideas
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2014, 10:48:21 pm »

Why exactly are you suggesting evil civs?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2014, 10:54:17 pm »

Should I not? Also, Teiflings don't have to be evil. They can have a lovely struggling-against-their-inner-nature thing going for them.

I mean, those just came to mind. Is suggestion time over? I'm confused :(
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2014, 11:11:07 pm »

Well, you started with "make a undead race as standard evil", going over Warlocks, to Tieflings... while the thread title is: " Good creatures/civs for race expansion"... so... you are suggesting the opposite. :P

My current ideas on civs: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138340.msg5370483#msg5370483
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2014, 11:40:23 pm »

HAH! I'm not sure where I am, but it's not somewhere where I read the subject of the thread, apparently.

Well, I don't see Halflings in this thread. Those are generally good. You could make them super-peaceful but with really good trade goods. And I see that Dryad has been suggested multiple times, why not Naiads?
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

snusnumrik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2014, 04:44:38 am »

As a Standard evil civ you can have MIndflyers.
With all their strange mechanics and society it would be really fun to code. For example eating a brain of an enemy allows a mindflyers instantly learn an ability the brain owner had.

About good siegers the fey idea seems nice. They would function as kobolds ambusches, but instead of stealing stuff they will do random things in your fortress: oush levers, open/lock doors, produce random stuff in a workshop ecc.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2014, 10:05:29 am »

I cant wait for separate attack/move speeds.  I will have my  Dionaea/Triffids.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2014, 10:48:35 am »

You can already do immobile creatures, they do still attack.  :)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2014, 11:35:30 am »

hmmm.  They would not breed in worldgen for me though.  Ill have to relook at that, because I would love to have man-eating plants.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2014, 11:41:31 am »

Check out IndigoFenix devourer: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=130958.msg4591022#msg4591022

Its super neat and would fit an immobile overgrown plant perfectly. :)

Slidey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2014, 03:38:59 pm »

*How about a noble (in the sense they try to be noble) spiderlike civ (Webbers) that has emphasis on hunting related skills(for obvious reasons) on top of being a lot "smart" in personality if alien.
*Elephant Civ, behold the mastery and the terror of it lol
*A really weak and slow Chameleonish race civ, that relies on camoflauge (And ambush) but loves to use darts and tonguelike weapons and canes&walking canes/stick. Probs be good to give them a speedup routine when they are fleeing just so they can be viable. Prefers Jungle/Forest
*this may be silly but a civ of living boulders that prefers mountains

@dunamisdeos check reply number 4

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2014, 01:12:25 am »

Darn. I'm really bad at this!

Well, Naiads are still relevant. I am going to contribute if it kills me. What about a race of good bird-people? They don't need flight necessarily, maybe just vestigial wings-for-arms and beaks and birdfeet and all that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2014, 06:49:36 am »

Well, I have 20 civs now, and I am ok with it. Will proceed to mod them into the mod. 5 teams (good, evil, savage, civilized, caverns) with 4 members each.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2014, 02:56:32 pm »

*this may be silly but a civ of living boulders that prefers mountains
I'm working on that.  Just had an unfortunate run of Real Life getting in the way of doing any serious modding lately :(

It's unfortunate that Team Nature needs to be hostile to Team Civilized.  Maybe don't give the the thieving tag at all, just give them ethics that are similar to each other but likely to clash with Team Civilized.  Then you can make elves the least-different so they can be a potential bridge.  More likely they'd just be hated by everyone (because elves deserve it).

Then a completely different Team Mischievous can be given the item thieving tag.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]