Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 189269 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 81 (In which Malleus & Pierre annihilate their targets)
« Reply #1470 on: May 14, 2011, 01:54:24 pm »

That poor boar rider doesn't stand the ghost of a chance surviving next round it seems.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: May 14, 2011, 03:06:21 pm »

Between dual fireballs, a whip around the throat, and a possible light spell, yeah, he's dead. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: May 14, 2011, 03:08:37 pm »

a critical light spell.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: May 14, 2011, 03:13:58 pm »

Well, yeah, but it might not target him since the first goblin might survive. ^^ Probably still dead without it though.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: May 14, 2011, 03:15:17 pm »

They're both supposed to target him.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: May 14, 2011, 04:00:17 pm »

Ah, didn't see the edit until just now. ^^ Yeah, he's a goner.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: May 14, 2011, 04:51:58 pm »

Slash zombie, head back to find singer.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: May 14, 2011, 07:02:39 pm »

Slash zombie, head back to find singer.

Knowing our everybody else's luck, the singer will be a necromancer chanting his evil spells to raise more zombies to attack us.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: May 14, 2011, 07:45:14 pm »

No calling the ███████ plot ahead of time! >:(

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: May 14, 2011, 08:52:27 pm »

I was hoping it was the other way around-that the singing mans eternal vigil was the only thing holding back the Dracula's undead hordes from pouring forth and decimating the land.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: May 15, 2011, 05:55:36 am »

Hmm, well, the singer isn't actually hostile. (Yet.) Anyway, I think everyone's posted, I'm going to check and then run the turn if so. ^^

OK, Draignean hasn't. I'll give him a little longer.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:57:35 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: May 15, 2011, 07:48:14 am »

Hmm, well, the singer isn't actually hostile. (Yet.) Anyway, I think everyone's posted, I'm going to check and then run the turn if so. ^^

OK, Draignean hasn't. I'll give him a little longer.

Thanks Serious.

Defend, Have shadow demon attack the nearest zombie.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: May 15, 2011, 08:55:07 pm »

Thanks Serious.

No problem. ^^ Knew you were busy and all.

WOLVERINES

(INITIATIVE)

FRIAR GREENMOORE

You start the battle, casting a pair of fireballs at the boar rider! (-4 MP. 6-1 vs 3; Major Success, 2d6; 7 damage. 8-1 vs 6; Critical Success, 2d6x2+25%; 23 damage and kill) The first one knocks it off of the boar, and the second turns it into ashes in the air. o.o

WYMAR SANE

Since the rider's dead, you target the first goblin to turn around and see what's going on. (3, targeting Goblin 3. -4 MP, 7+1 vs 7; Auto-Massive, 2d6x2; 22 damage and kill. Even/Odd: 4, targeting Goblin 2. 3+1 vs 5) It turns just in time see the spell coming, and then it's gone. Nothing is left from the sudden flash of light.

DANIEL KING

(Even/Odd: 1, goblin 1.) One goblin still doesn't seem to understand what's going on, and you pull out your warhammer and rush him! (4+2 vs 1; Massive Success, 2d4x2; 14 damage) You crack him solidly in the head, but apparently this goblin's skull is rather thick. He survives, but he's unconscious on the ground and it looks like part of his skull has caved in.

FRENZ GRENDE

You sling your whip out towards the boar's helmet. (7) It latches onto one of the many horns protruding from the bone helmet and you swing up and onto it, taking the end of your whip in one hand and the handle in the other. The main length of the weapon goes around its throat, and you discover with a minimum of effort you can get it go whichever way you want. After you discover this, you tell it to trample Goblin 2. (5+2 vs 3; Minor Success, 1d8; 6 damage) You turn the boar and it catches the goblin on one of its tusks, flinging it aside.

NIGHTCRAWLERS

(INITIATIVE)

MALAKAI RITT

You raise your staff in a defensive position and command the demon to rip apart the remaining zombie. (Major Success, +2 to defense. 7 vs 4+2; Minor Success, 1d4; 4 damage) The demon grabs the zombie and throws it to the ground to keep it away from you, taking a moment to stab it with its long claws as well.

MALLEUS RAULAT

You move to finish off the downed zombie. (6+1 vs 2+2; Major Success, 2d6; 10 damage and kill.) Your axe decapitates it cleanly, and you punt the head towards the levers. Somehow it lands in such a manner that it stays on the second lever like some kind of grisly ornament.

EVERYONE

Malakai banishes the demon rather than take the chance it could hurt his allies. (4, so health restored) Pierre and Claire wait for Malleus and Malakai, then the four of them head back down the corridor and down the other one. After a few moments, it becomes apparent what the first lever did: the corridor would've dead-ended as well, but a doorway a little bigger than Malleus is inset in the wall. The four of them pass through, but whoever was singing seems to have stopped. There's still a heavy tread coming from somewhere up ahead, but it feels more ominous without any vocal accompaniment. Still, it's the only way to advance and they press on.

Eventually the corridor turns into another wide cavern, split in half somewhat by a tall wall to the party's right. There appears to be another pathway up there, and on it, an older man in a friar's robes. His face is worn, his long hair thinning. (Observation: 2, 3, 4, 2) Malleus, Pierre, and Claire notice nothing out of the ordinary, but Malakai feels there's something off. Not with the man, specifically... more like there's something else in the room, watching them. The magician looks around nervously but he can't see anything, or even where something would be hiding. After a moment, a familiar voice interrupts his search.

"Strange to see fellow travelers," the man above them says, leaning over the edge of the path. "What are doing in such a dangerous place?"

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 09:08:37 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 82 (In which magic > goblins)
« Reply #1483 on: May 15, 2011, 09:03:26 pm »

Do a golf swing with goblin 1's head.

FORE!

Also, major magic pwnage by our team.

EDIT: You have forgotten the damage bonus from my heavy warhammer.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 09:06:33 pm by Zako »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 82 (In which magic > goblins)
« Reply #1484 on: May 15, 2011, 09:07:26 pm »

... Crap. Correcting... I hope you're happy with the trauma you caused that goblin. :P
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 09:09:02 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 288