Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 89

Author Topic: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 13  (Read 132907 times)

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 7 Day 1
« Reply #600 on: May 03, 2011, 09:54:07 am »

I got Town on Toaster as well.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 03, 2011, 10:29:52 am »

I have everything I want now. I don’t see the point in another extension.

Before we hammer, I’ll allow Native and Otto to answer Toaster’s questions.

I would like to suggest something though:

King Mafia, a rational move right now would be to give up, and reveal yourself. It’s not possible to hide from this many investigatory roles, and the very best you could hope for is to take out one in the struggle. A rational choice would be to allow yourself to be lynched, so all of these investigatory roles can make it to the next round, so that we can trounce King Mafia there as well, and you will have another chance to become King Mafia in the future, a possibility rendered more likely if you leave powerful town roles, like myself and Toaster, alive.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 03, 2011, 12:05:02 pm »

Unless the King Mafia was a godfather or somesuch.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 03, 2011, 12:08:27 pm »

Native:  You're now L-1.  Who do you think is scum?  Why?  What's your opinion on how best to proceed with the known roles to maximize our knowledge?

Ottofar:  Same questions to you.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 03, 2011, 12:16:32 pm »

Busy, after-migraining. Can't really think straight.

Anyways, JMan, for that contradiction stuff,
or maybe Josh for again running a plan, which will certainly catch the King Mafia, just like round 5.

So yeah.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 03, 2011, 01:10:06 pm »

Joshua, do you still have the role Org had?

Isn't Forensics expert oneshot?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 03, 2011, 01:11:20 pm »

It doesn't say oneshot, so I assume that it can be fired as many times as I get the opportunity to.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 03, 2011, 02:45:11 pm »

I'm getting a bit of an off feeling towards Josh, he was really pushing to lynch me, even if it did make sense. However, I don't really trust Jokerman, it seems a little too convenient that he simply "forgot" about his inspect and kill role, that's not something you really forget. Despite showing up as town to an inspect, it's possible that he has an auto-ability that lets him show up as town to inspects.

I suggest the next time you get a chance, inspect Ottofar and Josh. If no one shows up as scum, Jokerman's most likely King.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 03, 2011, 02:49:17 pm »

It doesn't say oneshot, so I assume that it can be fired as many times as I get the opportunity to.

Don't assume with something as important as your role. I want a definite 'yes or no' answer before I'll commit to any plan involving it.   

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 03, 2011, 03:25:26 pm »

Don't be obtuse. The only assumption he's making is that Wuba didn't make a mistake in his Role PM, since a 1-shot ability is explicitly stated to be 1-shot.

Forensics Expert (town; uncommon; 12+ players): You may perform an autopsy on a dead player, possibly giving you information about that player's killer. Actions: (day)autopsy

There.

It's not a one-shot.

Can we stop herping yet?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 03, 2011, 09:11:12 pm »

I'm getting a bit of an off feeling towards Josh, he was really pushing to lynch me, even if it did make sense. However, I don't really trust Jokerman, it seems a little too convenient that he simply "forgot" about his inspect and kill role, that's not something you really forget. Despite showing up as town to an inspect, it's possible that he has an auto-ability that lets him show up as town to inspects.

I suggest the next time you get a chance, inspect Ottofar and Josh. If no one shows up as scum, Jokerman's most likely King.

Josh is scummy because he was pushing a lynch for a logical reason?  Seriously?

Everything else is attempts to sow suspicion.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 03, 2011, 09:14:32 pm »

Josh is scummy because he was pushing a lynch for a logical reason?  Seriously?

Everything else is attempts to sow suspicion.

He was pushing really hard for it, and the fact that it was logical makes it an easy, safe target for a mislynch.

Yes, sowing suspicion after my death would totally win me the game if I was King Mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 04, 2011, 07:42:00 am »

It also makes it, you know, logical.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 04, 2011, 10:54:29 am »

I’m sorry to say Native, but the last few posts of yours pretty much confirms that you’re King Mafia for me. Just the inability to form a coherent argument and general OMGUS’ing on me triggers in my mind that you’re either King Mafia, or a rather poor townie.

And I’m good with believing in the former. I believe that’s hammer.

In the off-chance that I'm wrong, everyone knows what to do.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 04, 2011, 03:46:43 pm »

Yeah, totally King Mafia. Oh wait, totally poor townie. Oh, wait again, being assaulted by something I can't really defend against. Yeah, that's it. Anyway, I still think King is Josh, another viable tactic would have been to just wait until everyone was inspected but me (because even if I was king and I killed, he would find out), but he ignored that possibility and went straight for the mislynch.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 89