Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 705474 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1635 on: August 31, 2011, 09:23:08 am »

Talarion, I think I'll reserve a spot as a ghost, but I gotta work on my own RtD first. :P
Speaking of which, I'm nearly ready to start... The equipment and such might need balancing, but who cares I want to start.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: August 31, 2011, 09:32:44 am »

Lol ghosts >.> Okay I'll keep a spot for you.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: August 31, 2011, 09:35:00 am »

Lol ghosts >.> Okay I'll keep a spot for you.

Perhaps with two ghosts that will be the stealth side of the party accounted for ;)

Edit: Sorry Talarion, I am Mr Questions today (I am trying to avoid the work I have to do) - the 4 bonus points Humans get - it is not clear, but I assume they are skill points, not attribute points?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:38:32 am by lawastooshort »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: August 31, 2011, 09:38:55 am »

Aye, stealth indeed :P
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: August 31, 2011, 12:04:25 pm »

Age of Conflict
interested.

Also, do Vampires die in sunlight?
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: August 31, 2011, 02:03:45 pm »

Still interested. Just saying it twice because I've had a situation before where someone forgets to reserve me.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: August 31, 2011, 04:51:30 pm »

Still interested. Just saying it twice because I've had a situation before where someone forgets to reserve me.

The fiend, i would hate for that to happen
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: August 31, 2011, 04:54:14 pm »

Luckily he made a new, temporary spot for me as an apology. :)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: August 31, 2011, 11:11:15 pm »

Hey guys, working on the equipment list for my Western RTD, and I'd like some feedback/suggestions on it, like the amount of starting cash I give players and such. The idea was for ranchhands to get less cash, but have access to more varied tools and equipment, and gunslingers get more cash, but less mundane items.
Also, how much should I make ammo cost? I might have to give people more starting money if I make it fairly expensive. ???

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

I'm also still working on how skills/weapon quality affect accuracy, by the way. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: September 01, 2011, 02:05:29 am »

Hey guys, working on the equipment list for my Western RTD, and I'd like some feedback/suggestions on it, like the amount of starting cash I give players and such. The idea was for ranchhands to get less cash, but have access to more varied tools and equipment, and gunslingers get more cash, but less mundane items.
Also, how much should I make ammo cost? I might have to give people more starting money if I make it fairly expensive. ???

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

I'm also still working on how skills/weapon quality affect accuracy, by the way. :)

I don't know about the cost, but do you want to do the ammo related book keeping?

Otherwise, well, it seems fairly detailed and the starting cash seems ok.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: September 01, 2011, 02:24:02 am »

Age of Conflict
interested.

Also, do Vampires die in sunlight?

No, they don't. I have an explanation for it, but I'm not exactly in a good mood to recite it.

What more do you need?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: September 01, 2011, 05:38:04 am »

Thanks La! (Mind if I call you that? :P The full username's kinda unwieldy...)
I'm not sure about the ammo issue. People having infinite ammo sounds kinda bad, but you're right, I don't want to bog the game down calculating how many bullets everyone has left... I might have a work-around for it, though. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: September 08, 2011, 06:55:18 am »

I'm quietly busy with my current RTD at the moment, but have to get this off my chest.

I'm getting obsessed with the idea of a Barbapapa RTD. I don't know how well known Barbapapa is outside of my own small world, or if anyone else has to watch and read so much.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: September 14, 2011, 10:07:33 am »

I've been working on a Warhammer 40k RTD after Space Marine got me on a 40k mood again. It uses mainly the same system as my other RTD's (Nowhere To Run and Roll To Body Jump).

I wish I could start it, but I've got enough work with those two as it is and I don't want to let either one die. So if anyone wants a system and stuff for a 40k RTD, feel free to ask.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: September 14, 2011, 10:09:25 am »

Sorry for bumping, and so on. Edit: Ooh, I didn't, someone else got there first.

I’m thinking about running an RTD based on the… less... awesome parts of my previous professional experiences (thanks to whoever I got GenCorp from…):

It’s that time of the year again: end of the summer, back to school, back to work, etc. and so forth.

Perhaps you don’t have to go back to work? Perhaps you don’t have a work to go back to? Perhaps your work is excruciatingly tedious (at times)?

Why not come and Roll to Work at GenCorp Research?! We have exciting office work available for all you ambitious young types willing to work your way to the top! It may be excruciatingly tedious (at times) but it’s a foot in the door!

What could possibly go wrong?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The aim of the game for you underpaid and underappreciated assistants is simply to make it to the next working day whilst trying to balance your morale and your sheer failure-ness. Fail too hard? You’ll get sacked. Be the worse failure at the end of each day? You’ll get sacked. Morale too low? You’ll probably get sacked, if your boss notices. Morale waaaaay too low? You’ll probably resign in a fit of depression and go back to live at mum and dad’s.

Your Failure Rating will go up when you fail at your simple tasks. Your Morale will go up as a result of various things – perhaps that hot new colleague didn’t totally ignore you this morning when you went to make a coffee. Perhaps the dude at the desk next to you didn’t whine about people not taking their turn washing the office cutlery.

Rules will be, surprisingly, simple. You will be asked (or not, you’re probably unimportant enough to get ignored for a few hours at a time) to do office work. Hour by hour the day will go by. Your morale will drop.

Sample Character Sheet:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Any interest? I’m only going to accept two pre-ins and five starters, I think, to be more open and stuff, and anyhow I'd anticipate a lot of sackings.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 661