Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702621 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #450 on: June 03, 2011, 04:59:15 pm »

So now that we've got an entire game of pre-ins, we just need someone to actually run the thing. :-\

I'd do it but it'd end up as some weird MC/DF hybrid.

Thats fine with us, because we would turn it into that anyway.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 03, 2011, 05:14:20 pm »

So now that we've got an entire game of pre-ins, we just need someone to actually run the thing. :-\

Well, yeah, I suppose so. But I also get the feeling people want to play "Craft Stuff: The RTD," whereas I'd also want to accentuate the being eaten part. So it'd be more like Minecraft but with DF-style items and some horror game's chances of actually surviving.

So, Minecraft up until you decide your cabin could use silverware at which point it's DF up until something comes in through the windows at which point it's Resident Evil. Just the Minecraft part sounds boring to me.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 03, 2011, 05:34:46 pm »

Well, yeah, I suppose so. But I also get the feeling people want to play "Craft Stuff: The RTD," whereas I'd also want to accentuate the being eaten part. So it'd be more like Minecraft but with DF-style items and some horror game's chances of actually surviving.

So, Minecraft up until you decide your cabin could use silverware at which point it's DF up until something comes in through the windows at which point it's Resident Evil. Just the Minecraft part sounds boring to me.

There are monsters in mincraft, adn whats scarier than a creeper?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 03, 2011, 05:42:05 pm »

[REDACTED]

And to a lesser extent, monsters that can break glass, hunt in packs, break down doors, or lie in ambush do the exact same thing creepers and spiders do.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 03, 2011, 05:56:45 pm »

Herobrine.

Although IO has confirmed that he won't appear.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 03, 2011, 07:29:08 pm »

Okay I figured out most of the rules to the "Who dunnit" game, but the last thing im thinking about is the player limit. I was thinking either 6 or 8, 6 players would be easier to manage but im feeling as if the game will end sooner then. What do you guy's think?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 03, 2011, 07:48:39 pm »

8 may be better since it makes for more paranoia; there's seven people to consider instead of just five. Up to you though. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 03, 2011, 08:01:15 pm »

Created the topic, I figured it would fit better in the Forum Games and Roleplaying thread.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 03, 2011, 10:12:23 pm »

And now for something completely Different.

Something I've wanted to play/run for a while is a Wheel of Time game, difficult since there's an acre of canon lore, but it would be awesome if it could run properly.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 03, 2011, 10:18:24 pm »

What I would like to play is a steampunk RTD.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 03, 2011, 10:22:15 pm »

Something I've wanted to play/run for a while is a Wheel of Time game, difficult since there's an acre of canon lore, but it would be awesome if it could run properly.
Though that would leave you 3 RTDs. Could you really handle 3?

Anyway, maybe, though I'm completely unfamiliar with it. Good thing there's some wikies eh?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 03, 2011, 10:33:12 pm »

Though that would leave you 3 RTDs. Could you really handle 3?

Hell no, even when my schedule lets up. I said want, not will. Maybe if I scrapped imperfect, but I'm not going to do that.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 03, 2011, 10:46:37 pm »

Holy shit I love that series, reserve me a spot! Make sure to include the Aiel!
Welcome to Reality.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #463 on: June 04, 2011, 01:56:42 am »

We still need someone for the Minecraft RTD!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 04, 2011, 01:58:46 am »

I would run it, but I already have two RTDs on my plate as well as trying to fix the rest of my forum game so I can get it going again.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 661