Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702439 times)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1155 on: July 17, 2011, 06:50:30 pm »

I give you all a maddening idea for an RTD.
Furi Curi, AKA Fooly Cooly and FLCL.
Giant robots shaped like hands, useing guitars as weapons(blunt weapons or guns), flying vespas, the works.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 17, 2011, 06:51:39 pm »

I give you all a maddening idea for an RTD.
Furi Curi, AKA Fooly Cooly and FLCL.
Giant robots shaped like hands, useing guitars as weapons(blunt weapons or guns), flying vespas, the works.
FLCL as an RTD?

...I'd say that sounds like an awesome idea but how the heck would that even work? The crazyness fits better in general FGAR than in here, probably.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: July 17, 2011, 06:52:09 pm »

And all that stuff comes out of peoples' foreheads :V

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1158 on: July 18, 2011, 10:11:42 am »

Man, taking a walk really made my gray cells think of new Gurren Lagann combinations. Think of them with Gurren Lagann as the base instead of any possible RTD ganmen's and any used names actually not the original characters but just a way for me to forward my ideas.
---

Amaterasu Gurren Lagann
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Susanoo Gurren Lagann

Nagi-no-Kami and Kanagi-no-Kami Gurren Lagann

Man, what a fan fic this could turn into. Now I want to turn the RTD into a reality.
Also, I can imagine Leeron unchanged even throughout the alternative universes, just because Leeron is Leeron.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 20, 2011, 07:54:05 pm »

Spoiler: Background Story (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Factions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: City Info (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known Gear (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Psyconics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Signup Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Leveling (click to show/hide)
Posting this here before I delete it from my harddrive so others can use it.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 20, 2011, 09:59:10 pm »

If some body would gm a zombie apocolypse rtd, with special infected and such, im in. I have only seen one so far, and it died quickly. I would gm, but its nigh on impossible from a mobile device.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 20, 2011, 10:04:02 pm »

Zombie RTDs are/were pretty common, but they all die for whatever reason.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 20, 2011, 10:17:29 pm »

Because I wasn't doing it :P  Seriously, I think I have one of the longest running most actively updated RTDs up right now.  120 turns strong baby.

Would anybody be interested in hearing me pitch out an idea for a futuristic sci-fi RTD or is nobody going to take it up anyhow.  Seriously, if nobody is going to take it up I just rather not create the system as I'll cry emo tears at not being able to be in it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 20, 2011, 10:31:05 pm »

@IronyOwl: I figure 3 three reasons.

1. Zombie Survival RTDS are very easy to start-it's an idea that in theory lends itself well to games. Now, what to do? The game is just about killing zombies and surviving? It will get boring and die fast if the GM isn't good at connecting the players to their characters and the world, and make them sort of care when they get chawmped. For example, if Friar Greenmore gets kaboomed before his time in CvRTD, I'm gonna need a few minutes. I'm *invested* in him emotionally, as a player, and thats what makes the game good.

2.  I think alot of new GM's, and alot of new players, try games like this, cause it's a simple idea, and fall into that trap because they've boxed themselves into a corner. They forgot the STORY. They have no where to go! Games need to be interesting for the players and interesting for the GM's to update.

3. Leads into number 2-Zombie as a genre are overplayed. IMHO. It's harder to think up something original. Someone had an idea-I think it was Adwarf, about Stone age zombies lol. That's how far you have to go to really catch peoples attention.

@V-Norrec: Pitch away. Granted, I'll only be interested in a lovable scoundrels in space Firefly-type game. :3
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:34:31 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 20, 2011, 10:32:48 pm »

I think it was an idea tossed at adwarf because he asked for a twist or something, not just by him.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 20, 2011, 10:35:09 pm »

I think it was an idea tossed at adwarf because he asked for a twist or something, not just by him.
Me? I am not making anymore RTDs I even  purged my hardrive of all completed rulesets I had (About 5) besides Oblivion so I won't be tempted to start another.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 20, 2011, 10:46:41 pm »

@Dwarmin:  Kinda not like that, at all.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 21, 2011, 12:16:58 am »

-For example, if Friar Greenmore gets kaboomed before his time in CvRTD, I'm gonna need a few minutes. I'm *invested* in him emotionally, as a player, and thats what makes the game good.-

Warms the cockles of my heart, that does. :3 But as for your other points, yeah, that seems about the case. If you ever don't have a plan for how your RTD should end, it'll die right out of the gate. Learned that lesson the hard way. :-\ Zombies are indeed overused because they're easily utilized. I can't really say anything different than how you have; Zombie RTDs are usually quick-to-die-types (Icoincidentally enough) unless they have some specific time limit, like survive fifty turns or whatever. ^^; I might try one when I'm finished with RtASL but I'm planning on getting that to Round 10 at least.

-120 turns strong baby.-

Oh, ho, ho. I'm catching up! 112 down here. ^^ But I think Draignean has us both beat. He doesn't label his turns for D22 but I bet they're near 200 in. I'd like to hear your idea but I wouldn't run it because I'm pretty much garbage at running sci-fi, sad to say. :-\ Dealing with tech is so difficult.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 21, 2011, 12:52:33 am »

Well I've been hit with one of those 1AM fey moods again (Damn them), and I'm wondering what use people would get out of a Testing thread?

Unlike rollers block it would be a place where they could test actual prototype turns for an RTD or just a new mechanic before they actually made/instituted it.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 21, 2011, 12:56:33 am »

Sounds quite useful indeed, Draignean.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 661