Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702471 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1395 on: August 15, 2011, 10:20:38 pm »

Dammit I was gonna suggest chromatic. Later.

Still goin' with it though.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: August 15, 2011, 10:21:42 pm »

Wouldn't Lightning be closer to energy than fire damage, then?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: August 15, 2011, 10:23:14 pm »

Wouldn't Lightning be closer to energy than fire damage, then?

I'm thinking energy damage from a dragon would be sort of like magic missile from D&D. It's "untyped" magical force damage.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: August 15, 2011, 10:24:47 pm »

That should illustrate the turning point at which intelligence can become a hindrance.
I'd have gone for a "unless that's what he wanted me to think!" or "unless of course these highly unlikely circumstances happen, which I'm thinking about instead of just doing it" type example, personally.

@Dwarmin's suggestions: I'd avoid mixing Cha/Fame/Int modifications with Str/Agi ones, personally.

...though now I'm going to suggest petrifying, poisonous, or strength-sapping breath. Or maybe just letting players suggest something on a per-case basis, rather than forcing you to come up with innumerable possibilities when only one or two (or none) might actually choose them.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: August 15, 2011, 10:26:11 pm »

Start the game already lol
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: August 15, 2011, 10:26:26 pm »

Ah.
Speaking of which, how powerful would Draconic magic missile be, and is it the multi-shot kind?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: August 15, 2011, 11:02:13 pm »

*Stuff*
I honestly would respond to you, but for god's sake I'm so bored. It's nearly impossible for me to respond when I'm bored. I'm not insulting you, I'm just saying I give up. You can leave your bottle and get back to your body. Just please leave me alone! D:

Hmm. I think I can add some more body traits though. Hope to be approved in some way.

Horns: Your horns, dude!

Single Horn: Instead of two, you have one-a rarity among Dragons, but it's not nearly as intimidating, since you look like a Unicorn. +X Charisma, +X Fame, -X Intimidation

Frontal Horns: Your horns bend forward, and partially block your face-they do nothing for your looks, but provide a valuable defensive measure. +X Toughness, -X Charisma

Scale Color: What are your scales like?

Purple: A rare color of dragon, thought by many to be some sort of mutant aberation. Lowers your desirabilty, but increases your fame. -X Charisma, +X Fame

Gold: An extremely rare color of Dragon-associated with treasure, obviously. +X Charisma, +X Fame

Chromatic: The rarest of all dragons, they are usually viewed as living Gods by both mortals and their kin. +X Charisma, +X Fame, -X Intimidation, -X Evil

Tail: What is your tail like?

Blade end: Your tail ends is a nasty switchblade which can bisect an armored man in half. +X agility due to accuracy, -X strength since it's light and somewhat hollow, +X Charisma due to rarity, +X damage from tail.

Breath: What do you breathe my good sir/ma'am? Please don't show me by breathing on me.

Energy: A rare sort of Draconic breath that can damage nearly any foe regardless of resistance, but does not do as much as damage as a dedicated element.

Sonic: Concentrated sound waves for blowing people away. Does more damage to smaller creatures and structures than larger ones.

Ice: For freezing people into decorative statues for your lair. Does more damage when the weather is cold.
Single horn: Approved, but no fame bonus because fame is from what you've done. You automatically start at 0 because almost no-one knows who you are since you've just been born. Instead, bonus to ramming.

Frontal horns: Approved.

Purple scales: Approved, once again, no fame.

Gold scales: Approved, no fame.

Chromatic scales: Approved, no fame.

Blade Tail: Approved, charisma replaced by intimidation.

Energy breath: Approved.

Sonic: Ehhh... approved.

Ice: Not approved: The body of a dragon would heat it up. A dragon would have to have some liquid nitrogen or something to keep it cold.

Start the game already lol
Finishing and starting. Will PM everyone once it starts.

Ah.
Speaking of which, how powerful would Draconic magic missile be, and is it the multi-shot kind?
...Huh?

Ummm... It would be a normal magic missile. Dragon magic is normal magic. Just like North Korea is Best Korea.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: August 15, 2011, 11:06:11 pm »

Joking suggestion: Octarine as a scale color.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: August 15, 2011, 11:08:56 pm »

Explaining the magic missile thing:
For every two caster levels beyond 1st, you gain an additional missile—two at 3rd level, three at 5th, four at 7th, and the maximum of five missiles at 9th level or higher. If you shoot multiple missiles, you can have them strike a single creature or several creatures.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: August 15, 2011, 11:10:17 pm »

Joking suggestion: Octarine as a scale color.
No. :P

Explaining the magic missile thing:
For every two caster levels beyond 1st, you gain an additional missile—two at 3rd level, three at 5th, four at 7th, and the maximum of five missiles at 9th level or higher. If you shoot multiple missiles, you can have them strike a single creature or several creatures.
I still don't see how this is relevant to this RTD. For all you know there isn't even a Magic Missile spell.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: August 15, 2011, 11:12:20 pm »

It was just a question, with a extra explaination about one part. you can ignore it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: August 15, 2011, 11:13:54 pm »

What about chartreuse? :D

Or periwinkle! Can I be a periwinkle dragon?

As for magic missiles... if you're talking about the breath weapon, it's not literal magic missiles, it's just an energy type. If you're talking about "I cast magic missile," it'd depend on what version you learned or how powerful you were.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: August 15, 2011, 11:17:14 pm »

yeah, wasn't talking about the breath weapon; but a periwinkle dragon just sounds silly from the name of the color. :D
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: August 15, 2011, 11:17:46 pm »

What about chartreuse? :D

Or periwinkle! Can I be a periwinkle dragon?
Though the colors sound absurd in name, okay.

You now must be a periwinkle in mind and soul.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: August 15, 2011, 11:18:59 pm »

Now we are on the topic of absurd dragon skin colors, I suggest the completely reasonable one of transparent.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 661