Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702365 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1860 on: November 07, 2011, 02:39:48 pm »

You are now a team of crack mercenaries killing people and doing awesome things. In other words, roll to A-Team. No wait, scratch that. The A-Team thing is just how I'm starting it out; you can take it any direction you want after that. Giant robots included... maybe they get sent into the future and Howling Mad Murdock pilots a Gundam or some shit I DON'T KNOW

Sound good for a vague premise?

Fine by me, though mercs are a pretty dark basis for a story. You can't really do a light-hearted story with a bunch of violent hired thugs.

Also, is either of you looking for a GM slot, dermonster and Serious? The more the merrier.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: November 07, 2011, 02:41:20 pm »

How about a five man team of random jackasses who get violently thrown through cracks in reality to different planes of existance?

I suppose I could GM for a short while at some point, which would be kinda awkward and meta-gamey hell as I am definately a player.

This computer has red lines but no right click auto correct and it bothers me.  :-\
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 02:43:59 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: November 07, 2011, 02:43:52 pm »

As a GM, no. I don't want to give short shrift to my current RTDs, but I'm in as a player.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: November 07, 2011, 02:45:55 pm »

The beauty of this RTD is that you don't need to GM it for that long, so any hiatus that might be caused by it would soon be over again.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: November 07, 2011, 02:48:33 pm »

You are now a team of crack mercenaries killing people and doing awesome things. In other words, roll to A-Team. No wait, scratch that. The A-Team thing is just how I'm starting it out; you can take it any direction you want after that. Giant robots included... maybe they get sent into the future and Howling Mad Murdock pilots a Gundam or some shit I DON'T KNOW

Sound good for a vague premise?

Hell yes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: November 07, 2011, 02:48:52 pm »

If you really want me to be a GM, then just say so and I'll do it... though we still need to establish what happens to characters when the player takes over as GM.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: November 07, 2011, 02:49:39 pm »

The players create a general character that will be used for all GM's, the story could be that they are being randomly transported through time and space.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: November 07, 2011, 02:49:56 pm »

Fine by me, though mercs are a pretty dark basis for a story. You can't really do a light-hearted story with a bunch of violent hired thugs.

Also, is either of you looking for a GM slot, dermonster and Serious? The more the merrier.

I would also be interested at some point, but I just don't have the ability right now.

ah yes, this is what I meant:
As a GM, no. I don't want to give short shrift to my current RTDs, but I'm in as a player.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: November 07, 2011, 02:50:51 pm »

You're thinking of lawa's idea from earlier. The GMs and players are separate here.

Nah, I'm not forcing you into anything. I've been neglecting my own RTDs like hell for awhile now (I blame NaNoWriMo! It's taking all my time!), so I'm not really in a position to say anything. This is unlikely to be so much work as them, though. Most of my update time for the two goes into the mechanics and rules, while here I only have to struggle with my obsession with writing walls of text. For Science! had a simpler system and I updated quicker as well.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 02:52:22 pm by Digital Hellhound »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: November 07, 2011, 02:52:02 pm »

Right, if we don't get this started soon it will fall apart, I fear. Gat, your idea is fine, if a bit dark. Black comedy? I love that stuff. We need to get this up before one or all of us kill one or all of us.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: November 07, 2011, 02:53:14 pm »

The players create a general character that will be used for all GM's, the story could be that they are being randomly transported through time and space.

If I'm a player and then become a GM, what happens to my character? That's what I was asking.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: November 07, 2011, 02:55:51 pm »

If I'm a player and then become a GM, what happens to my character? That's what I was asking.

Then your character is Put On A Bus or is turned into an NPC, whatever you prefer. You can't be a player and a GM at the same time.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #1872 on: November 07, 2011, 02:57:49 pm »

RTD... IS black comedy. So are we going with the alternate reality thing? I'm afraid my setup for a premise like that would involve a ragtag gang of mercenaries pursuing a time-traveling Adolf Hitler through the multiverse.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: November 07, 2011, 02:59:13 pm »

I love that, can we have that as an overaching main plot? Now I can have Nazi mad scientists!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: November 07, 2011, 03:02:37 pm »

I'm afraid my setup for a premise like that would involve a ragtag gang of mercenaries pursuing a time-traveling Adolf Hitler through the multiverse.

Er. Why is that bad?
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 661