Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702561 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2250 on: November 21, 2011, 05:05:40 pm »

AND IT'S FULL

Thread going up soon.

nooooooooooo I will occupy the Holy Waitlist of Alexandria ;(

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: November 21, 2011, 05:06:40 pm »

Do you see now why I hate pre-reservations?

Aside from my usual hating everything that is.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: November 21, 2011, 05:16:42 pm »

Yeah I only went and updated an RTD for half an hour :(

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: November 21, 2011, 10:24:45 pm »

Curses, fouled again! Why must this demon known as "Sleep" plague my mind so much!? Alas, it cannot be for I. My day shalt come, and whence it does all shall hear the tales of Dave, Le True Knight!

But, seriously bro, letting people make reserves is horrible. At least give us a fair competition!

...Oh gods. BRILLIANT IDEA. If I may an RTD, I'll accept unlimited applications...But, only those who get a 6 on a 1d6 will be allowed in. (With a cap, of course.) That's perfect! Completely fair, in my opinion...Heheheh. I see great things in my future! Great things indeed. Now, where'd I put that cocoa...

Also: How many of you awesome people would be interested in a short-RTD? Sort of a test faze...It'll be a simple, invade-dark-castle type of game, and the only goal is to defeat the Grand Evil at the top. I mean, not too short, but not that long either...If anybodies interested, I may start brainstorming...Then again, I don't really have a brain, but...You know. That thinking thing that, uh, smart people do. With their...uh...brains. I...think.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: November 21, 2011, 10:28:34 pm »

I agree wholeheartedly with you Dave. I should have let people sign up in the thread itself. Oh well. It was worth a shot.

Or someone else can run ANOTHER Roll to Cross Animals.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: November 21, 2011, 10:34:43 pm »

Would this small game of yours have... *Shifty eyes* magic?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: November 21, 2011, 10:34:53 pm »

I have another idea for dealing with waiting lists.
Let the people on waiting lists help with the GMing.
They get something to do, you get stuff to use for your game,and they stay interested in the game in case you need another player.

For example, let's say you are running a medieval adventure. Have the people on the waiting list come up with 20 NPC names, the name of a couple of towns, etc.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: November 21, 2011, 10:36:41 pm »

I have another idea for dealing with waiting lists.
Let the people on waiting lists help with the GMing.
They get something to do, you get stuff to use for your game,and they stay interested in the game in case you need another player.

For example, let's say you are running a medieval adventure. Have the people on the waiting list come up with 20 NPC names, the name of a couple of towns, etc.

Hey, good idea. I guess the ideal is for that to be done via PMs, though, since I can't guarantee the waitlisters actually read the thread.

I might have the waitlisters come up with animal names and item names in RTCA.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: November 21, 2011, 10:43:01 pm »

Sorry, it does. I take it you're more of a steam-punk kind of guy?

Magic in a sense...Not magic like in Skyrim or something like that, but a slightly more basic type. Reagent magic, Soul magic and Blood magic.

Reagent is the weakest form, which anybody can use. It uses anything from special ingredients to enchanted items, which can be harnessed into a sort of raw energy. Mostly used for things like Elemental magic and whatnot.

Soul magic is the next step up, requiring somebody to either have been born with an innate magical talent, or spent many years acquiring said talent. It's kinda like the normal game-type magic, where you draw the "Mana" from your own pool. Said pool can be depleted, but will replenish over time. It can be combined with Reagent magic as well.

Blood magic is a much darker form of Magic, requiring blood (And sometimes more) sacrifices. It can come from anything, from the caster's own life to the lives of...Others. A very difficult type of magic to harness, it can be used for anything from Elemental magic to raising the very dead. It's rare, since it's heavily outlawed, but people still practice it.

That's the basic gist of it, anyways. What do you think? Please criticize me, I need the guidance!

Edit: Horrid typo! Forgot an E! Argh.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: November 21, 2011, 10:44:19 pm »

What sort of abominations shall you forge from the corpse of Resetti? OH, Derm-Accursed, what horrible plagues shall you wreck upon the innocents of Animal Crossing?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: November 21, 2011, 10:46:02 pm »

Magic in a sense...Not magic like in Skyrim or something like that, but a slightly more basic type. Reagent magic, Soul magic and Blood magic.

Reagent is the weakest form, which anybody can use. It uses anything from special ingredients to enchanted items, which can be harnessed into a sort of raw energy. Mostly used for things like Elemental magic and whatnot.

Soul magic is the next step up, requiring somebody to either have been born with an innate magical talent, or spent many years acquiring said talent. It's kinda like the normal game-type magic, where you draw the "Mana" from your own pool. Said pool can be depleted, but will replenish over time. It can be combined with Reagent magic as well.

Blood magic is a much darker form of Magic, requiring blood (And sometimes more) sacrifices. It can come from anything, from the caster's own life to the lives of...Others. A very difficult type of magic to harness, it can be used for anything from Elemental magic to raising the very dead. It's rare, since it's heavily outlawed, but people still practice it.

That's the basic gist of it, anyways. What do you think? Please criticize me, I need the guidance!

Edit: Horrid typo! Forgot an E! Argh.
Hm, I like it. Makes it so even the most brutal of warriors can still use a little bit of magic. You honestly don't give yourself enough credit.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: November 21, 2011, 10:46:43 pm »

Blood magic sounds like my type of character!

Which is usually a story ruining city exploding abomination creating wizard.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: November 21, 2011, 10:47:39 pm »

Neat stuff, Dave. What about plot? It can be as little as one sentence!

Blood magic sounds like my type of character!

Don't let this guy use blood magic.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: November 21, 2011, 10:49:04 pm »

Let this guy use ALL the blood magic.

You seem to have made a typo.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: November 21, 2011, 10:49:33 pm »

I like it too. Blood magic for all!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 661