Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702541 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2880 on: December 17, 2011, 03:10:06 pm »

#Bay12RTD is lonely as usual. I'm looking for someone to discuss writing RTDs and writing in general with.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: December 17, 2011, 03:12:29 pm »

Say "Frastur" 5 times one after another and I might appear.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: December 17, 2011, 03:15:29 pm »

I immediately tried that and YOU ARE A LIAR!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: December 17, 2011, 03:17:44 pm »

The call of nature was louder ~

And I also said "might". I sometimes don't feel like it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: December 17, 2011, 03:19:03 pm »

I immediately tried that and YOU ARE A LIAR!

But you didn't do it like this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: December 17, 2011, 07:29:19 pm »

Yes, yes, yes. I know. Before you all groan and start picking up those pitchforks and rocks, you know the drill. Listen to my crappy idea, tell me all sorts of awesome ways to improve it, and then facepalm when I find that it just becomes too awesome (And difficult) to manage...But I promise! This time is different!

I'm not really looking for feedback here, just...If you guys can find any stupid errors, loop-holes or flaws, please tell me. This RTD shall go live tomorrow!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: December 17, 2011, 07:33:01 pm »

Recettear the RTD?

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: December 17, 2011, 07:43:26 pm »

Recettear the RTD?

Recettear and Swords & Potions :P. But with less cute lolis and more fat neckbeards...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: December 17, 2011, 11:17:42 pm »

Color me interested.

What would a turn consist of?  Acquiring items to buy?  Responding to customer requests?  Setting a tone for the store?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: December 19, 2011, 12:24:49 am »

Sunuvabitch, I couldn't log onto Bay12 all day! Darnit.

@Toaster: Turns would be basically...Well, whatever. Restocking supplies, opening the store, etc, etc.

I have it all written down, but it's on my windows pc...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: December 19, 2011, 12:30:26 am »

Well I told freeform my idea while we were on #bay12RTD, and I figured I would post it here now that the forum is back up.

I have started working on a 3 player (Maybe more depending on how the rules come out when I finish) survival RTD set in a semi-alternate Dead Space world. Each player will represent a team, and will be tasked with surviving longer then the others inside of derelict, and necromorph over-run space space station as part of a new sports event the gov't is using to get rid of convicts, and those who oppose the regime. Each player must survive the hordes of necromorphs that roam the station as well as the other players, they will have the opportunity to build up a bit, scavenge, and scout out the surrounding area before the sun sets on the other side of the planet, and the necromorphs begin moving about the station.

What do ya think?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: December 19, 2011, 01:11:17 am »

Well I told freeform my idea while we were on #bay12RTD, and I figured I would post it here now that the forum is back up.

I have started working on a 3 player (Maybe more depending on how the rules come out when I finish) survival RTD set in a semi-alternate Dead Space world. Each player will represent a team, and will be tasked with surviving longer then the others inside of derelict, and necromorph over-run space space station as part of a new sports event the gov't is using to get rid of convicts, and those who oppose the regime. Each player must survive the hordes of necromorphs that roam the station as well as the other players, they will have the opportunity to build up a bit, scavenge, and scout out the surrounding area before the sun sets on the other side of the planet, and the necromorphs begin moving about the station.

What do ya think?
Trust me, the "survive for as long as you can" games don't last long. Because no matter what obstacles you throw at them it's still the same thing. Unless you throw in a really fucking good story, not going to work.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: December 19, 2011, 03:05:24 am »

Its got a story behind it as well, and there is also a hidden objective *hint* *hint*

Plus its not really survive as long as you can its out live the other teams, or kill them before you die.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: December 19, 2011, 01:07:34 pm »

Hmmmmm. Maybe if you could after death, become a necromorph after a few turns. If you get killed again then its game over for you.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: December 19, 2011, 02:53:04 pm »

Hmmmmm. Maybe if you could after death, become a necromorph after a few turns. If you get killed again then its game over for you.
o.O How did you know?

EDIT: Anyway I'm thinking of that, or a Gears of War Deathmatch-ish RTD
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 03:09:00 pm by adwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 661