Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702376 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #3720 on: March 16, 2012, 07:34:36 pm »

Well goddamnit, Skyrunner is making the thing.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3721 on: March 16, 2012, 07:35:50 pm »

You two weren't the only candidates...
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: March 16, 2012, 07:37:51 pm »

Right, I completely ignored that. Rollan for gat.

"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3723 on: March 16, 2012, 07:45:30 pm »

So... are we going with that combustion rule? :P

I suppose you need the other roll either way.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: March 16, 2012, 07:46:24 pm »

I'm going to say... purple.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: March 16, 2012, 08:09:34 pm »

Completely looking forward to the RTD Library! The only way I've learned of RTDs are because of Bay12 and it's members, picking things up by observation so, having a thread dedicated to that would be a great help!

Especially when out of all the RTDs, only a few are still active yet there are many good ones in the pile which could give a great learning lesson (other than being linked in sigs, that is).

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3726 on: March 16, 2012, 08:12:11 pm »

Okay.. should I just post it as 'Roll to Dodge Library', with the Op containing [] ...?

I trust you people will help me make it perfect :3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: March 16, 2012, 08:18:55 pm »

Hm, maybe start it like this:

Spoiler: Active RTDs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dead RTDs (click to show/hide)

Code: [Select]
[spoiler=Active RTDs]=HALL OF FAME=

=Others=[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Dead RTDs]=HALL OF FAME=

=Others=[/spoiler]
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3728 on: March 16, 2012, 08:26:39 pm »

I separated Hall of Fame from the others.
Hall of Fame is unspoilered.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: March 16, 2012, 08:32:10 pm »

What if one player is the original, another is the clone, and only those two players and the GM know which is which? You could easily build a system around that, where both are trying to convince everyone else that they are the original. I'm not sure how well a mixture of RtD and mafia-like social game would do, though. It depends on the implementation.
YES, YES, YES. I still think it'd need some extra something going on (you know, a reason they'd care), but this could be absolutely beautiful.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: March 16, 2012, 10:43:44 pm »

What if one player is the original, another is the clone, and only those two players and the GM know which is which? You could easily build a system around that, where both are trying to convince everyone else that they are the original. I'm not sure how well a mixture of RtD and mafia-like social game would do, though. It depends on the implementation.
YES, YES, YES. I still think it'd need some extra something going on (you know, a reason they'd care), but this could be absolutely beautiful.
Make them play as Hitler and his ever so evul clone. A Hitler wouldn't share his glory with a copy and no sane man wants two Hitlers trying to dominate the world.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: March 16, 2012, 11:05:15 pm »

Make them play as Hitler and his ever so evul clone. A Hitler wouldn't share his glory with a copy and no sane man wants two Hitlers trying to dominate the world.
Fuhrer Team Powers, Activate!

Having the players play as various unpleasant historical figures could definitely be entertaining, but you'd probably still need a compelling reason why everyone else would care one way or the other. Maybe each clone is spliced with a different (or combination of all current players') figures, so in the same way that Hitler and Clone Hitler cannot abide each other, neither can Clone Hitler tolerate Clone Stalin or Clone Genghis Khan.

Alternatively, just stuff them on a spaceship like I was thinking.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3732 on: March 17, 2012, 12:01:34 am »

I can't see social gameplay, based entirely on what the players themselves say and do, blending very well with the RNG. How would rolls factor into the clones remaining hidden or being revealed?

I think it would work better in a situation where only NPCs are being fooled, like that Pod People RtD concept I had. Though of course this loses the appeal of the social gameplay between the players.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: March 17, 2012, 04:27:28 am »

Ooh, I support another RTD library. We've had these in the past and I'm not just mentioning this because For Science! was one of the first added to the last one.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: March 17, 2012, 04:53:56 am »

No need to support it anymore because it's already been created.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 661