Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 699493 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #3825 on: March 24, 2012, 11:26:09 am »

Fine Yoink, you have my solemn promise that I will make a firefly-esque RTD. After Deviation-22 and Arkham resolve.

When the mountains blow in the wind, like leaves.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3826 on: March 24, 2012, 01:31:32 pm »

Okay, there goes my second attempt at an RTD xD
Any comments on how I should fix things if they are problematic ?

On second thought, maybe I should have sold it as an RP on the main boards...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: March 24, 2012, 03:34:32 pm »

I really like that choosing your crew idea. In fact, that'd probably be about as ideal as you could get for an series of linked games.

...also I have X-COM on the brain, so it occurs to me that choosing your squad could work too.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: March 24, 2012, 04:30:13 pm »

Since I will probably stop my current RTD( Due to problems with managing and player input( mostly managing stuff)) and the other is almost finished, I will probably start a new one soon. currently I'm torn between 3 ideas. each will have 6-8 players.

Roll to be a History monk
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

An as yet of unnamed RTD with a plot I can't tell you about. Futuristic, and set on a spaceship. Possible kinda RP heavy.
Spoiler: Possible Intro (click to show/hide)

Roll to be a submarine commander The mechanics would work too for a spacebased game, though the added complexity of taht would require me to fit all of you on one ship.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Added more descriptions and suchlike.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 04:38:15 pm by 10ebbor10 »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: March 24, 2012, 04:58:59 pm »

I do like sound of the History Monks.

I think this is an excellent idea, could be tricky to do justice though (TP deserves it). I probably wouldn't join though as I don't have the motivation or time for anything particularly complicated right now, what with two rtds and actual other stuff too.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: March 24, 2012, 08:13:34 pm »

Hrm, thinking over the wound system for Hyrulian (and technically Eternal at he same time), what do I do with burn wounds? I'm not entirely certain.

And someone is obviously going to blow themselves up at some point.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: March 24, 2012, 08:31:24 pm »

Burn wounds could be situational penalties. Hand burn? -1 to doing [x type of thing] with your hands.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: March 24, 2012, 08:37:08 pm »

Extensive burns would also be extremely painful, more so if they're touched.  Any time you're hit, you have to roll to avoid being stunned by the pain?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: March 24, 2012, 08:45:37 pm »

Minor burns, 50% chance of -1 to some rolls.
Burns, -1 to some rolls.
Extreme burns, -1 to rolls, plus 25% chance to be completely paralyzed by pain when said appendage is used.

Hmm, I think I like it. Possibly. I think it needs a trial by fire to see whether it's good.

I suppose burns and extreme burns would cauterize slash wounds too.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: March 24, 2012, 08:47:23 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: March 24, 2012, 08:56:10 pm »

Now that I think about it, isn't HP supposed to effectively be blood lost?

Should broken bones and burns prevent your health from recovering? Or maybe just let you do it at a reduced rate...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: March 24, 2012, 08:57:48 pm »

Now that I think about it, isn't HP supposed to effectively be blood lost?

Should broken bones and burns prevent your health from recovering? Or maybe just let you do it at a reduced rate...
That'd make them debuffs, not wounds per se. I could see broken bones, at least, reducing max health while active, though.

Healing rate adjustments work better when there's a measurable, default rate to affect. Does Hyrulian RTD even have that?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: March 24, 2012, 09:05:52 pm »

I was thinking about, no injuries is 1d8 per turn, with burns and broken bones is 1d4.

Or maybe just a flat rate of 4 per turn, no randomness involved, down to 2 with bones and burns

Blunt damage does flat hp damage and cutting is basically a DoT instead of direct damage. Burns are similar to bones, but with a paralyzing pain effect at major levels.

Anyway, aside from PvP, Dariush pissing off the GM and the Kokiri, and one guy rolling in his own pentacle fueled wounds until he died in the kokiri forest for nine turns, there hasn't actually been any combat until now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: March 24, 2012, 09:07:24 pm »

and one guy rolling in his own pentacle fueled wounds until he died in the kokiri forest for nine turns
For some reason this made me laugh. Maybe the mental image of literally rolling through the forest.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: March 25, 2012, 06:07:47 am »

I do like sound of the History Monks.

I think this is an excellent idea, could be tricky to do justice though (TP deserves it). I probably wouldn't join though as I don't have the motivation or time for anything particularly complicated right now, what with two rtds and actual other stuff too.
Yeah , that's kinda the reason why I'm not sure about doing it. Still, the whole world fits an Rtd quite well.

Spoiler: Possible Intro (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 661