Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 699471 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Hey, whoever said that?  :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Actually, that statement is completely false. You without a doubt can play in your own game. It's not a very good thing considering you're the GM and you know everything, but still, nothing is stopping you from playing your own game.

PPE: NINJA JERKHAT RAGELOLOL
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, that statement is completely false. You without a doubt can play in your own game. It's not a very good thing considering you're the GM and you know everything, but still, nothing is stopping you from playing your own game.

PPE: NINJA JERKHAT RAGELOLOL
You can always have your in-game avatar, like Tarran's Tarran and piecewise with Steve and the armory master.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

You don't get the full experience, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

You can run into the wall for the night to make up for the lost experience.
( :P )
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep. I guess it is better than nothing, though.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can always have your in-game avatar, like Tarran's Tarran
Heh, yep.

Who needs experience when you can bend reality to your bidding?

More seriously, yes that is a problem. Oh well.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Фдерщгпрб Ш вщ дшлу ещ ыуьв ьн здфнукы еркщгпр пщв-лтщцы-цруку фтв рфму еруь ыгкмшму ше ыщьурщцююю
Err, switch to english...

Although, I do like to send my players through god-knows-where and have them survive it somehow...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

So I had brainfart based on a TV show that I watch for reasons that are not apparent to myself: Adventure Time. For those of you who lack the knowledge of what Adventure Time is... Google It™. But seriously, imagine some Bay12 heroes roaming the land of Erm and saving assorted princesses. ...It was funnier in my mind, honestly.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

I was thinking about doing an internet literature RTD. My Immortal, 40 Hs and The John Freeman chronicles would be the major influences, and it would be about John Freeman (Full life consequences)and Harry Potter (40 Hs) conflicting.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Idea: Five people in a room. They must get out.

Actions are submitted by posting "PM sent." and sending a PM.

... Perhaps incorporating the nightmare room part where what you imagine might become reality.

Spoiler: Spoilerific twist (click to show/hide)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds interesting (I won't play it, though), though personally I don't really like the idea of PMs. It's less interesting for observers and future readers.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

That sounds interesting (I won't play it, though), though personally I don't really like the idea of PMs. It's less interesting for observers and future readers.

That is true...  I can't really post the whole PM (because often the way the person writes tells who's whom), and paraphrasing is rather boring to read... T_T

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

That is true...  I can't really post the whole PM (because often the way the person writes tells who's whom), and paraphrasing is rather boring to read... T_T

Do like Gat did during the prologue of Hero Caddies- don't display what the intended actions were, just tell what the results were.

Anywho, I've been pondering how a more strategic RTD might play out, so I thought I'd write my ideas down and see how stupid they look written out. Intended setting is a low-magic fantasy world- fantasy to allow crazy things to happen with "A Wizard Did It" as justification, low-magic to keep it from being a pain to maintain. It'd be cool to figure magic out, but I'm starting with the nuts and bolts of empire management.

Spoiler: Players/Waitlist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The World (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rough Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things Players Do (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat and Conflict (click to show/hide)

Alright, I'm sleep so I'll stop typing. As you can see, very very very rough right now. I've most recently been cogitating on the Characters aspect- it'd be cool to get a Total War family tree thing going, with characters being associated with either a settlement (as governor) or army (as leader.) Just what I've been thinking lately, imma go to bed nao.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do like Gat did during the prologue of Hero Caddies- don't display what the intended actions were, just tell what the results were.
Not displaying the intended actions was the reason I said it was less interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 661