Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702369 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I know, I said that only the ones who will play anything at any time would be able to play at all without any 'problems' on my first post 'against' the idea.

I think some people would play anything depending on who the GM is.

True enough. I'd play anything Draignean chooses to run, for example.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

I know, I said that only the ones who will play anything at any time would be able to play at all without any 'problems' on my first post 'against' the idea.

That's completely besides the point. I never said anyone wouldn't play anything. Will they play any setting without any more discomfort than if they were playing their favorites?

I'm sorry but I'm derailing this discussion
'Tis fine, I have no objections.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

a tiny village in Cumbria, northern England, inhabitated solely by postmen and Edwardian gentlemen.
How do you know where I live

Are you at number 21? The one with the red door? A slight scratch?

That's completely besides the point.

I agree. Apologies.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Lawas knows where I live)
« Reply #4503 on: May 25, 2012, 04:46:33 pm »

@Lawas: Nope. I'm the large white one with the wooden gate that urgently needs cleaning.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: May 25, 2012, 04:48:48 pm »

Excuse me, something just came up, be back in a minute.

*Grabs an axe and a bag and heads out*
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #4505 on: May 25, 2012, 04:54:41 pm »

And then it turns out Cumbria, England is the nexus of all Bay12 activity.

Also, my belated support to Irony's RTD idea, as well as everything monk said about it.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4506 on: May 26, 2012, 10:34:28 pm »

Couple ideas bouncing around my tortured, Les Mis-riddled brain.

• Gat (or somebody else's) idea of players being wizards of obscure schools. Using a random wordgenerator maybe. Some examples include 'enjoining', 'hexameter', 'dopamine', and 'zestlessness'... Thatactually seems a bit too obscure.
  • ('nuther) post-apocalyptic, something to do with a fantasy world and living in a separated-from-the-world-but-safe-place. The valuable stuff is all outside in the dangerous zone.
  • Being apprentices servants to a eclectic wizard, doing his bidding and maybe combining with no.1.

I have an urge to make a new game, but no idea of what to do :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: May 26, 2012, 11:24:29 pm »

Oooh, Zestlessness, the powerful and venerable art of draining your opponents of the will to fight! Or any will at all, for that matter. Very subtle, very effective- nothing cripples a foe more than a restless sense of apathy and listlessness.

I also read "Dopamine" as "Dopamime," which quite frankly I find much more interesting as a magical art.

And then it turns out Cumbria, England is the nexus of all Bay12 activity.

Also, my belated support to Irony's RTD idea, as well as everything monk said about it.

How can you support everything I said when a great deal of what I said was mutually exclusive alternatives on the core concept! Your critical analysis is somewhat lacking in this case.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

True enough. I'd play anything Draignean chooses to run, for example.
Yeah, I personally will instantly try to join something that is run by a reputable GM such as Gatleos or Draignean. I could honestly care less for the setting, since I know those kind of people will do a generally good job with it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: May 27, 2012, 05:03:51 am »

Quote from: Skyrunner
I have an urge to make a new game, but no idea of what to do :P

Do something you enjoy running, there will always be players... always.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: May 27, 2012, 06:15:01 am »

Yeah. Creepy fanboy is right.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: May 27, 2012, 07:46:48 am »

I had a few thoughts.

Someone, probably Gatleos, mentioned a Baywatch RtD recently. This could be done as a short competitive game, where the "lifeguards" compete to win "lifeguard" points in the course of their everyday duties, with various bonuses. For example, someone who rescues a drowning pensioner from a deadly shark but also does so whilst running in slow motion and has enough points in the "sexy swimming costume euphemism skill would get, say, three points. Someone who did it without running in slow motion would get one or two points.

Also and more seriously, what about Roll to Dialogue - an RtD conducted entirely through dialogue?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: May 27, 2012, 08:25:03 am »

Yeah. Creepy fanboy is right.
Yep.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 08:34:53 am by Tiruin »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4513 on: May 27, 2012, 08:27:09 am »

Only problem is I can't decide which one I like better D:

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: May 27, 2012, 08:28:51 am »

Only problem is I can't decide which one I like better D:
Flip a coin. Or throw some dice?
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 661