Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702511 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Lawas knows where I live)
« Reply #4815 on: July 13, 2012, 04:44:54 pm »

Ah, alright then. Mostly glass cannons it is then.

And I'm fine with starting off with nothing, I'd just like to be able to make neat things eventually.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: July 13, 2012, 05:28:31 pm »

When you say no defense, do you mean no dedicated defense skill? Or that there's literally no way to defend yourself? Like could Derm create a wall of flame?
That's what I have jokingly called a 'preventive counterattack'. Things that disable your enemies before they can reach you are a form of defense in this game.

What I meant is that there is no 'passive' defense like a defensive skill or a defense roll: you'll need to think ahead and act fast if you want to take on a dangerous enemy and live.
However, the opposite is also true: since player characters are dangerous to most of their enemies, they can dispatch their foes rather quickly without those pesky defense rolls getting in the way.

And I'm fine with starting off with nothing, I'd just like to be able to make neat things eventually.
The beauty of this system is, you are able to make neat things and get spectacular effects immediately, even if you have no skills at all: you just need to get lucky. That impredictable behavior is exactly why I picked it for a magic game.

Anyway, since there seem to be no more major issues with the system, I'm starting the game.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: July 14, 2012, 04:36:52 am »

Ooh, I have two themed ideas.

Roll to Rastamouse - he's a rasta mouse who solves problems and saves orphans.

Roll to Quest in a Dungeon - there's this comic by this South African dude which is funny, Dungeon Quest. It's a stoner parody of adolescent D&D, I guess.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: July 15, 2012, 08:57:11 am »

Skyrunner's thinking about something involving evil overlords.

Otherwise... not much. PM's also working on something, sort of a modern magicless multiworld I guess?
I've been on vacation the past week so I haven't really started, but yeah it's a multiworld but with many factions that are on all the worlds, and the worlds won't be level-like things, you'll visit them repeatedly. Also, it's not quite magicless- some of the main gear from two of the ages has magic, as the ages are actually dimensions you go to- the Agency does not have time travel technology, only dimension technology.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: July 15, 2012, 09:33:15 am »

Guys. Guys. Cthononauts. Who's with me.
What the devil are Cthononauts?
((I assume cthononauts is cthulu and chrononauts.))
Even if that isn't what it is, it's what I'm assuming it is now. Preferably helpful chibi Lovecraftian Horrors just trying to clean up their accidental snarling of the space-time continuum.

"Chthonic" means "under the earth" (from Ooooold Greek "chthonios"). I think you know what "-naut" means. And yes, it was obviously meant to invoke a Lovecraftian feeling. CHTHONONAUTS! The Horn of Africa is separating from the mainland, it's first quaking breakaway attempts leaving deep scars into the Somalian Soil, leading thousands of distances into the ground. An eccentric multi-billionaire organises an expedition into the depths, seeking whatever the darkness below might hide! What will they find? What secrets man was not meant to know awaits them? Will they ever return? Find out this Saturday, in the next episode (the first) of CHTHONONAUTS!

Also it's 1927.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: July 15, 2012, 09:58:56 am »

Sure, I'm in! [/never read HP Lovecraft]
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: July 15, 2012, 10:43:50 am »

1927? Ooh, count me in!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: July 15, 2012, 08:58:28 pm »

Ah, 1927, a fine year. Heisenburg formulated his Uncertainty Principle, Charles Lindbergh completed his historic transatlantic flight, the League of Nations abolished slavery of all kinds, and apparently, a horrible doom chasm opened in Africa. Good times.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: July 16, 2012, 04:01:55 am »

Well, it was either that or the Bolton Strid Suddenly Draining, Opening Up a Vast Complex of Underground, and Perhaps Underwater, Caves! Or a Journey Into the Deep Shadowy Pockets of the Madagascan Tsingas, Literally "The Place Where No Man May Walk (Barefoot)"!

Because yes, I do all my research on Cracked.com ;D

Sure, I'm in! [/never read HP Lovecraft]

It's okay, I haven't either! But there will be lots of tentacles, other kinds of floppy appendages, eyes, tentacle-eyes, and losing insanity. Because that's what Lovecraft is all about, right?

Also you are all eleven-year-old Japanese girls.
Love, scriver~

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: July 16, 2012, 04:11:53 am »

Nonsense, my man, the 20's were full of GENTLEMAN ADVENTURERS, mad scientists, mad scientists' beautiful daughters, daring pilots, gritty detectives and old rumrunners. Those could be the character classes all I know.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4826 on: July 16, 2012, 05:19:34 am »

Also you are all eleven-year-old Japanese girls.

OH SNAP I GOT DISCOVERED

(...sorta...kinda...)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: July 16, 2012, 05:27:12 am »

I meant in-game.

...So it's more that you gave yourself away. :P
Love, scriver~

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4828 on: July 16, 2012, 05:28:32 am »

Oh, it's fine. The fact that I'm actually 17, and am Korean wasn't disco-

Snap.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: July 16, 2012, 05:53:29 am »

Oh, it's fine. The fact that I'm actually 17, and am Korean wasn't disco-

Snap.
Sure, maybe you're 17 and Korean, but thanks for giving me away.
Kinda.
(Yes, for revenge, I reused your joke!)
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 661