Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702357 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Lawas knows where I live)
« Reply #4920 on: July 31, 2012, 11:18:37 pm »

>BE HORRIFIED AT OWN MINIMALIST RTD

>WATCH AS POST COUNT OVERTAKES THAT OF PROPER RTD IN LIKE AN HOUR

>CRY BITTER TEARS OF ANGUISH

I know, right? My most popular and imitated RTD is the one that was about 5 hours of me being silly in all caps.
I blame you for minimalist RTDs. It's all your fault. It's your fault I'm not getting around to updating Roll to Shonen, then my laziness is second.

GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN AND UPDATE "YOU AT FINAL BOSS", DAMNIT! :P

I want my bikini volleyball tournament...
Oi, I'm brainstorming for RtS and stuck typing this on a DS.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: July 31, 2012, 11:30:48 pm »

Random question: How much interest is there in an SCP-Futuristic combat RTD? Where you fight various nightmareish creatures and various anomalies, using sci-fi technology like plasma, laser, railgun, and gauss weapons, and so on, in various parts of the world, from cities to forests, with futuristic Humvees, tanks, APCs, helicopters, spaceships and once again so on.

Not that I will start one just yet: Busy with my dragon RTD. But I'll ask the question anyway because I may start one in the future (and in fact I've already worked on it a little). And who knows, maybe I'll even inspire someone else to do one by mentioning it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

xiphoniii

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheeky son of a...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: July 31, 2012, 11:32:40 pm »

I'd be in for it!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: August 01, 2012, 02:35:27 am »

I'd be in for it, too!

>BE HORRIFIED AT OWN MINIMALIST RTD

>WATCH AS POST COUNT OVERTAKES THAT OF PROPER RTD IN LIKE AN HOUR

>CRY BITTER TEARS OF ANGUISH

I know, right? My most popular and imitated RTD is the one that was about 5 hours of me being silly in all caps.
I blame you for minimalist RTDs. It's all your fault. It's your fault I'm not getting around to updating Roll to Shonen, then my laziness is second.

GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN AND UPDATE "YOU AT FINAL BOSS", DAMNIT! :P

I want my bikini volleyball tournament...
Oi, I'm brainstorming for RtS and stuck typing this on a DS.
Minimalist RTDs are the new fad?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: August 01, 2012, 02:45:51 am »

Apparently, I prefer the more thought out RTD's myself but I suppose the extremely simple RTD's are easier and more fun for a GM to run.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: August 01, 2012, 02:48:44 am »

Apparently, I prefer the more thought out RTD's myself but I suppose the extremely simple RTD's are easier and more fun for a GM to run.
They require far less effort to set up, and they're much more free. They also burn out very quickly, and can burn out the GM, because they write turns for many people in a short amount of time. They take a lot more attention though, because you'll get 15 turns in a half an hour.

That's just based on my experience of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: August 01, 2012, 02:54:22 am »

Yes me too, more story and writing and so on, but a fast CAPS rtd is fun, something you can finish in hours or days, and also doable when you don't have time to update your big and serious rtd, which I don't these last three weeks :( Also a way to get a stupid idea out and played with. I keep coming up with ideas I should ignore, because I have to use my very limited spare time for playing HoI2 and updating my main rtd.

YOU IN STUCK LIFT (trans: elevator)

1500KG.
20 PERSONS.
1 LIFT.
1 VICTOR.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: August 01, 2012, 06:35:59 am »

ROLL TO SET STUFF ON FIRE
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: August 01, 2012, 07:43:52 am »

FART

BLAME ON SCRIVER

(Okay, seriously now, sorry. :P)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: August 01, 2012, 09:20:55 pm »

Roll to build a squad of badasses. You are all heroes, just starting out. You are captured by a interdimensional being, he gifts you with the ability of interuniverse travel. Just one catch. You have to kill the others.  The easiest way to do this is building a 10 man squad of people across universes, then bringing them to combat with your foes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: August 01, 2012, 09:37:55 pm »

Sounds interesting, but I'm forced to point out that dealing with 40-80 separate characters, even very simple ones, would be incredibly difficult. Might work if each "member" just granted an additional bonus or similar, though.

Plus, by the time anyone got around to murdering each other the game would be about playing Pokemon across the multiverse, and the battle royale part would seem tacked on. You'd be better off with some sort of "battle for points/objectives/macguffins in each world" type setup, methinks.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: August 01, 2012, 09:38:01 pm »

In.

Dibs on John Travolta. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

xiphoniii

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheeky son of a...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: August 01, 2012, 10:29:25 pm »

I'd be in if there were a good way to make it work. If you can pull it off, go for it.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: August 01, 2012, 10:38:25 pm »

Fore-Edit: I am intrigued by Spinal's idea and would like to subscribe to his RTD.

Roll to Be a Bandit!

Characters are medieval bandits, with the goal of surviving and evading capture, establishing a hideout and a gang, and, most importantly, earning gold!  Players can play individually or ally themselves, hire NPC thugs or work for a NPC boss, with advantages and disadvantages to each.
Every day the players can choose to either go on a raid or do, um, other stuff.  Going on a raid entails deciding what sort of target to go after, with what sort of force, and general strategy.  The GM then rolls for the target; a higher roll means a better potential payoff in both gold and notoriety, but richer targets are usually better guarded.  Then a second roll to see if the raid goes off smoothly; if so, the bandit makes off with the gold and gains notoriety, but if not, a fight will break out.  Higher notoriety makes it more likely that targets will surrender without a fight, but also means higher bounties on the players and better protection on some targets.
It's not all raids, though.  The players also have to worry about finding a safe place to sleep, getting enough to eat and drink, avoiding law enforcement, purchasing and maintaining equipment, and rival bandit groups.  All of these concerns can be addressed with or without money; get a room in an inn, or get some tents, or sleep in a cave.  Buy or steal weapons.  Fight or pay off city guards.  Notoriety also plays into this; if you're unknown, you can just walk into town and buy some ale, but if you're extremely wanted, nobody's going to sell you anything and might even call the guards in on you.  Or you could build up a reputation as a bloodthirsty killer or a rich highwayman to improve people's willingness to serve you.

I think that's about it.  Might get more complex, but this seems good for now.  Anyone interested?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:41:19 pm by Remalle »

xiphoniii

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheeky son of a...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: August 01, 2012, 10:47:53 pm »

Me, to the Nth degree!
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 661