Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702419 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Lawas knows where I live)
« Reply #4950 on: August 02, 2012, 02:20:51 am »

I just noticed.

Your name is Spinal Taper, NOT Spinal Tapper.

...Was that a typo, or...If not, where the hell did you get the idea for "Spinal Taper" as a name from?

Also: I'd love to have a prologue-bandit-duel-to-the-death, and the winners get to play the game, and the losers go onto the wait-list. Would be great fun! Of course, it should be brain-dead simple, and just rely on luck.
It's a handle I chose at 8 years old for a runescape username. The character limit prevented tapper. But, I also have a question. I type up 3 paragraphs about an RTD I want to run, and you ask about my name?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: August 02, 2012, 02:46:41 am »

Sorry. It's late, and I was just a bit confused.

Funny enough, my username from Runescape was "Shadesttone". I would always have people asking me, "Why S(tt)one"?

I don't play it anymore, but...Eh.

Definitely an interesting RTD idea, but sadly, not really my type. I'm more into the whole boring "Generic fantasy" kind.

Actually, some day in the future, I may make an RTD based on the English nobility in the 1400's. Or some either date. Minor bits of magic, love, death, romance and intrigue; - I like those kinds of things.

Bah! It's 1:47 AM. I'm long due for sleep. I must bid you adieu, friend.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: August 02, 2012, 10:17:14 am »

You could always ignore them; some people do. Or you could just let a lot of people submit characters and then roll to see who actually gets in. That sort of thing.

Better yet:

TO BATTLE!
Prologue in a scuffle in a bandit camp!

It's quite the fun way to handle it, and has precedent for the setting.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #4953 on: August 02, 2012, 10:44:17 am »

And we are now fast approaching 5000 posts.

PRIZE: Person who gets post 5k gets an Internet Cookie.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: August 02, 2012, 10:50:26 am »

Of course, Bay 12 is too high-brow to resort to spamming just for the sake of getting the 5000th post.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

BlasterKyubey210

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: August 02, 2012, 10:57:53 am »

Anyhow... unrelated to both matters, been looking at an RTD idea myself:

Theme - Magical Girl (-ish)

Tech Level - Sci-Fi (Blame Nanoha and Mai-Otome, being major parts of the setting, as well as the use of Deus Ex and Mass Effect, despite both series breaking the theme)

PCs - Alpha Centauri Humans against (initially) the Schwartz armed forces. Can choose to either become Nano-Auged (part of the Otome system or not being sub-branches), a non-Auged (various subbranches), or gain the ability to use Biotics

Primary PC Objectives - Survive against Schwartz at all costs, undermine their efforts to bring down the Otome system,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Secondary PC Objectives - Secret PMs sent to either help or sabatage the team (possibly secret spies for the various enemies, or the PCs in general having their own agendas)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: August 02, 2012, 11:03:56 am »

You could always ignore them; some people do. Or you could just let a lot of people submit characters and then roll to see who actually gets in. That sort of thing.

Better yet:

TO BATTLE!
Prologue in a scuffle in a bandit camp!

It's quite the fun way to handle it, and has precedent for the setting.

Now I want to run something like the hero caddies RTD myself. XD

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: August 02, 2012, 11:31:13 am »

I'm thinking I'll do the anonymous deathmatch.  The people who expressed interest here and whoever signs up after I leave the thread open for a day will fight for ins and waitlist spots.  Thread will be up tomorrow or the day after.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: August 02, 2012, 02:29:41 pm »

Oh I'd totally be in if it involved an anonymous deathmatch, Remalle.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: August 02, 2012, 03:04:15 pm »

*everyone shows up for anonymous deathmatch, leaves when game proper starts*

Naw, but I'll be keeping an eye on that.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: August 02, 2012, 03:25:43 pm »

Someone should just keep an eternal anonymous deathmatch as a RtD. Maybe with a matches system.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: August 02, 2012, 04:03:46 pm »

Of course, Bay 12 is too high-brow to resort to spamming just for the sake of getting the 5000th post.
Of course.

Only 39 more posts to go...

Alpha Centauri Humans
the Schwartz
Nano-Auged
non-Auged
Biotics
Otome system
Helios AI
Without being familiar with Mai-Otome, it's hard to figure out what exactly this game would be about. Magical girls battling aliens sounds interesting, though.

Secondary PC Objectives - Secret PMs sent to either help or sabatage the team (possibly secret spies for the various enemies, or the PCs in general having their own agendas)
Also interesting. Would this help or sabotage be on specific goals ("don't let anyone damage the complex," "make sure the Guardian's Light is scuttled") or more sweeping, general objectives ("help your friends," "murder your friends")?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: August 02, 2012, 04:12:47 pm »

Of course.

Personally, I say stop keeping track. Make it so whoever posts the 5k post deserves it rather than just being faster.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: August 02, 2012, 04:14:40 pm »

Of course.
High-brow meaning that we're classy? Well, that's why I love Bay12.

Style.

Someone should just keep an eternal anonymous deathmatch as a RtD. Maybe with a matches system.

I wonder how it would keep on going, there must obviously be a driving force to it, as it seems that the concept has been tried before and burned out due to the heavy casualty rate without rewards reached.  :P

Meaning: I'm guessing the win-condition for the deathmatch doesn't have enough tension?

Of course.

Personally, I say stop keeping track. Make it so whoever posts the 5k post deserves it rather than just being faster.
Posts must have quality other than spammability. Is better and more deserving.

Only 37 more posts to go...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: August 02, 2012, 04:16:08 pm »

Just tack on a reward, like shiny items the character can carry to the next match. Dunno. I just threw it in without muchany thought to it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 661