Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702449 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I first thought you were going on about a con being pulled on a Dwarf Fortress. I can totally see a multi-racial team tricking their way into the fortress and making off with the treasure. Or Ocean's Eleven, Kobold style.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

FuzzyZergling ran an RTD like that a long time ago that was pretty fun, but it was about raiding a gobbo fortress instead of a dwarven one. But you're right, that could be done again fairly well. If I feel like it I might make it myself... although it would need a lot of planning, maybe making an actual fortress to have a mental map of everything...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

I have to wonder why there aren't more heist RTDs. Seems like a fun enough idea.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

FuzzyZergling ran an RTD like that a long time ago that was pretty fun, but it was about raiding a gobbo fortress instead of a dwarven one. But you're right, that could be done again fairly well. If I feel like it I might make it myself... although it would need a lot of planning, maybe making an actual fortress to have a mental map of everything...
Oh right, that was the first place we met if I recall correctly. I remember a scene with the catchphrase "FORE!" and a hammer or something to that extent.

Yes, an actual map would help. I lost all track of where I was in FZ's RTD if I recall correctly and by the time the map was introduced I had had enough of that RTD. I also recall some sort of delay, though I'm not sure if that's all my imagination or if it really happened.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I first thought you were going on about a con being pulled on a Dwarf Fortress. I can totally see a multi-racial team tricking their way into the fortress and making off with the treasure. Or Ocean's Eleven, Kobold style.
Adams eleven? Do want.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

@Tarran: Yeah, we were both hammermen who I believe at one point knocked off a goblin's head with the hammer, and I think at another we both hit the goblin in the head at the same time from the front and the back? I know we did the first but I can't remember if the second actually happened or I just wish it had. And yeah, there was a huge delay where the game died for like six, seven months because FZ disappeared.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

I have been working on an idea for a while now, I have a general style, Name and a gaming style. I just need too figure out which dice to use, the combat system and a few picky things.
For those curious it's called!
Transformation Trouble!
A Game Of Changes!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

Shapeshifter RTD? Interesting. I want to join.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Shapeshifter RTD? Interesting. I want to join.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

Unfortunately I'm not looking for sign ups yet, and its not a shale shifter thing, it's actually based off my biggest fear, becoming trapped in a body that is not my own.
Death would work weirdly, you have two health things, normal HP and sense of self.
HP loss would kill your body sending you into another body
Sense of self loss would kill your identity, make you believe you are what you look like, and giving you a game over after 5 turns

The plot would follow 6 people, somehow cursed, turned into things and not only try to reverse it, but keep a hold of themselves and not losing themselves.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Also nice.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds kinda like what i'm doing right now in Life begins at death :P

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

Sort off but with more horrifying realizations, sanity and TERROR, Possibly.
So how are you today?

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I decided my previous idea was stupid and pointless and thought of something else that may be more, less, or equally stupid and pointless, how about a game, where everything but the PCs is created with a random generator? I mean as a non minimalist RTD as well, I'd probably have it follow a similar ruleset to my current RTD, one of the things I would change would be to make 1s and 6s more chaotic. But as with my previous idea, I'll wait to fully look into modifying rules.

The generators I'd focus on would probably be those from Chaotic Shiny. Which I have start using for adding fluff to the RTD I am running at the moment. While this is a pretty simple concept, I'd like to get better at running a variety of situations in RTDs and something of this amount of variation/randomness could help that I think.

Also, with this kind of idea, would you rather, that locations and general plotlines and characters where randomed up before the start? Or done on the fly as needed.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 02:10:04 pm by Urist McBeanie »
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 661