Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702551 times)

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooooh, I'm getting that.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

The Derminomicon, it should be called.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Roll to dive (click to show/hide)
This interests me greatly.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

I came up with a wonderful idea! Steal Borrow two ideas that are awesome, mash 'em together, add in some of my own idea to make it more unique, and hope a magnificent gem comes out.

In this case is mash the two RTD's that are running called Perplexicon and Looter's delight, make it a multi-team death match (a bunch of teams of two people that when one dies, the other dies), treasure chests plus killing to become stronger, and a map that changes it's shape every so often.

Anyways thats the general idea, how do you guys think it'll go? And my second question is how hard is it to GM two games at the same time? I already have one game running, but this idea is going through my head so much I really wanna start it up. If Gm'ing two games at once isn't recommended to newbie GMs (such as myself), would someone else like to run it? I could help give a bunch of ideas and more specific details (but not too much, I'd like to play too if someone else decides to run it).
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

I came up with a wonderful idea! Steal Borrow two ideas that are awesome, mash 'em together, add in some of my own idea to make it more unique, and hope a magnificent gem comes out.

In this case is mash the two RTD's that are running called Perplexicon and Looter's delight, make it a multi-team death match (a bunch of teams of two people that when one dies, the other dies), treasure chests plus killing to become stronger, and a map that changes it's shape every so often.

Anyways thats the general idea, how do you guys think it'll go? And my second question is how hard is it to GM two games at the same time? I already have one game running, but this idea is going through my head so much I really wanna start it up. If Gm'ing two games at once isn't recommended to newbie GMs (such as myself), would someone else like to run it? I could help give a bunch of ideas and more specific details (but not too much, I'd like to play too if someone else decides to run it).
Well...you could ask for a co-GM. I think it'll go well. We don't have enough deathmatches going on right now. Two Games aren't TOO tricky...I made the mistake of taking on 4 at once when I first GM'd. Did NOT go well. I shut down three of them. I'm currently running 2, and have started up a third. 2 would be fairly easy, though. If you feel underconfident, I'll Co-Gm for you.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well...you could ask for a co-GM. I think it'll go well. We don't have enough deathmatches going on right now. Two Games aren't TOO tricky...I made the mistake of taking on 4 at once when I first GM'd. Did NOT go well. I shut down three of them. I'm currently running 2, and have started up a third. 2 would be fairly easy, though. If you feel underconfident, I'll Co-Gm for you.

Co-Gm? Sounds like a good idea but not sure how it'll work lol. We start PM'ing each other ideas and stuff now?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not right now, no. I'm tired, and generally falling asleep right now. We can PM ideas in the morning, and it would generally work how Spinal_Taper and I were, and still are, doing the 8-bit deathmatch RTD. One person does a turn, then the other GM, then the first, and so on and so forth.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright we can try it. See ya in the morning then.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

Here's another of my famous good(?) ideas-Roll to Wipeout, better name pending. Basically, the players are all in some form of future game show where contestants race each other for a cash prize in an insane obstacle course. Except this is an RTD so the obstacles will make less sense and everyone will race at once. And entertaining moves give Karma which is an exchangable +1. One obstacle I had in mind, for an example, was a long metal bar above water, about 6 feet above the start platform. You could simply shimmy across it, sure, but you could try to use it as a tightrope to gain Karma! Of course, failing would cost Karma...
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice work on the sig advertisement, superBlast. Rather flavorful.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's another of my famous good(?) ideas-Roll to Wipeout, better name pending. Basically, the players are all in some form of future game show where contestants race each other for a cash prize in an insane obstacle course. Except this is an RTD so the obstacles will make less sense and everyone will race at once. And entertaining moves give Karma which is an exchangable +1. One obstacle I had in mind, for an example, was a long metal bar above water, about 6 feet above the start platform. You could simply shimmy across it, sure, but you could try to use it as a tightrope to gain Karma! Of course, failing would cost Karma...
YES. I love that show. Although, maybe instead of Karma, it could be Pop., or Popularity. I mean, the more Popular you are with the viewers, the more the hosts will want to keep you around. This could lead to them making a certain obstacle more likely for you to succeed at. Hence, the +1.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Preeeeeetty

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Preeeeeetty

Uh... thanks lol. I like making siggy pictures when I'm bored and I've seen people advertise their games in their signitures so I figured I'd do the same.

Oh and you might wanna sign up if your interested. The way I have it set up, someone is gonna be forced to quit the game at most every 10 turns. That way a lot more people can play my game. Even though we're only on turn 4 and the evil god has been replaced 2 times so far (due to them not posting >.>).

Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 661