Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702391 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #7425 on: December 10, 2013, 10:16:49 pm »

I want to do a survival game on a super-fucking-gigantic map. Resources range from mundane to fantasy, players spawn anywhere from "far" to "really fucking far" away from each other, and their main goal is to survive.

Oh, and also to brutally slaughter each other. Each player holds a ticket, any player holding all 8 becomes a god.

You'll be collecting resources to keep yourself alive, make new tools, AND obtain technologic devices. With the right setup, players may be getting guns and drones, or possibly have great magic ability, it's all up to the player. Get new devices to learn things about the world. Maybe you'll spend all your points on a Weaponsmith, to be able to more directly control weapon crafting, or maybe you want a Mechanics Workshop to build mechanical devices and traps, or maybe take Radio Equipment to signal and communicate with others?

-This is a/n Warhammer wrought from Paper. It has a greater laughing aspect and a lesser peaceful aspect. It is large and seems to be ceremonial. It is of terrible quality.

CLASSROOM WARFARE.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #7426 on: December 10, 2013, 10:28:13 pm »

Oh, and also to brutally slaughter each other. Each player holds a ticket, any player holding all 8 becomes a god.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: December 10, 2013, 11:37:03 pm »

Put a tiny, tiny bit more effort into the program, got something that I could play with for days.

Eight sequential results, so you can get a feel for it...

Spoiler: Haunted Silver Mace (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fiery Homing Shotgun (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  AOE Osmium Rifle (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Anybody want the code?

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 11:39:34 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: December 11, 2013, 12:40:47 am »

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!
Has anyone ever done a Highlander RtD?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: December 11, 2013, 01:52:06 am »

Okay, so, you may or may not remember the Mansion Horror Family RTD that Harry Baldman pitched a while back, and I've intermittently kicked at since then. Well, I think I'm ready to run with it.

Spoiler: Intro (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

As you can see, I've moved almost entirely away from the combat-oriented slasher-style thing I had on the first draft way back, and now it's more of an "explore and manipulate environment" kinda adventure thing with more... subtle horror. Do things make sense? Is there a "why would anyone want to play this character?" problem, or a "why WOULDN'T anyone want to play this guy?" thing going on? I'm kinda surprised how small the proto-OP looks, considering how much hidden stuff there is for me to worry about. Hopefully I didn't forget anything.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: December 11, 2013, 01:58:25 am »

Elephant, Family Dog.
Bio: Woof. Woof woof woof. Arf arf yip. BARK! Woof woof woof; arf yip arf.
AP: 3/3
XP: 0/10
Trait:
Evil-Detecting Dog

Edit: Looking at these traits, the kid needs to pick Incorruptible Pure Pureness. Why, you ask?

So that they can be the tank when the whole family gets into a fight at once.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 02:00:26 am by Elephant Parade »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: December 11, 2013, 02:01:57 am »

Sean, The Teenager
Bio: Hates his younger sibling for being annoying. Irritated by overbearing parents and stupid dog. Prefers to stay in his room and listen to heavy metal and plot his eventual escape from this hell of a family.
Trait:
Open Minded
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 02:03:46 am by Gamerlord »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: December 11, 2013, 02:31:28 am »

Floyd, The Father Figure
Bio: "Always wanted to be a NASCAR driver, y'know? Only problem is I've always had sort've a knack for fixing up cars, not driving them. Though, I did get to work at the Daytona 500 for a few years - pit crew for #91, Godfrey Kendrick - before I opened up my own repair shop. Speaking of fixing up cars, this baby right here? She's going to purr like a kitten when I'm through with her. Best damn muscle car you'll ever see, I guarantee it."
Available Traits:
Gearhead

I'm always down for horror-themed stuff.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: December 11, 2013, 02:35:33 am »

As I said before, when this game was first being kicked around, I want in.

Mary-Anne, The Mother
Bio: Employed as a nurse, before Sean came along, Mary-Anne has since transformed into the gold standard of housewives. Granted, her cooking can leaves something to be desired, and she has a mild addiction to exercise videos, but her heart is solid gold. 
Trait:
Mama's Healing Kisses

Ninja'd.
 Great. Now I'm SC's wife.
:P
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: December 11, 2013, 02:39:59 am »

I had no idea a man almost a foot taller than me was mai waifu. I don't know how to feel about that. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: December 11, 2013, 02:44:39 am »

It's okay snookums, we'll make it work out.   

Oh god, I think I made myself gag a little. I shouldn't be allowed on the internet after 2AM.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: December 11, 2013, 02:49:09 am »

I only went ::) so maybe I'm better off? I dunno. :P

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: December 11, 2013, 02:55:06 am »

Well at least my character makes sense now if you two are gonna act like that; his attitude is entirely appropriate.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: December 11, 2013, 02:58:06 am »

Put a tiny, tiny bit more effort into the program, got something that I could play with for days.

If you can explain how to work it, yes please.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: December 11, 2013, 03:02:24 am »

I don't always play female characters, but when I do, I chew the scenery. Going to sleep, finals tomorrow. Somebody beat Monk up until he runs this game and gets our dysfunctional family in play.

If you can explain how to work it, yes please.
Folder is on my campus drive, which I can't access from my laptop. It's easy to use, click a button, the info pops out, and then the program asks you if you want to save that weapon to a .txt, if you want generate another weapon, etc. I'll send you a zip file containing the entire package tomorrow after my last final of the day. (4PM)
---
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 661