Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 699475 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Wow, hey, a competitive version of that could be really something.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

That might be... just a little out of my league, I dunno. :P
It would be awesome, though. I had more of a plan just for the one zoo, unfortunately. If anyone else wants to poach the idea and make their own, go for it! I probably won't start it for a while anyway, I have lots of stuff that I'm already procrastinating about.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

This is an idea I've been messing around with, although I'm not going to be able to actually post it what with the sorting of shit in my house and the preparing for the exams...
Spoiler: Idea (click to show/hide)
Tell me what you think. Obviously, this is just an idea I've entertained for a while, so it's not very fleshed out.
What do I think? I think that there's nothing wrong with it and it could work, if that was what you're asking. It could be fun, it could also not be fun, it's not possible for me to say at the moment because I have no idea of your style, skill, or whatever. It certainly is an idea I have not seen thrown around all that much if at all, so you have that going for you.

Am I interested? Maybe. It all depends on the rule system--I quite frankly despise the 1d6 that is used to death. But that's just me. Other things might also influence my opinion. I can't say for certain until I see the ruleset.

Anyways, I'm thinking of honestly starting the mutation-happy doomed scientist RTD I mentioned a bit back ago soon. So it'd be nice if everything was ready to go when it is posted. I've already screened it and found minimal problems, but it'd be nice to have someone tell me if I missed anything since I of course am but one person. Assuming, of course, I don't chicken out at the last moment or die horribly before I can post it.

Also, I'm blatantly also posting this to gauge interest. Be interested.

And no, I will not reserve seats if asked here. I will, however, PM you directly shortly before or after the RTD is started if asked and I remember.

Quote from: Vanaard Corp Mistakes, a minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
Yes, a minimalist excuse me, minimalish RTD from me, Tarran, master of making too many complex things. This is bound to be either amazing or awful.

Anyway, yes. Read introduction if you're even moderately interested still. If you're not... read the intro anyway you ungrateful jerk. Stop reading this. Seriously. I have nothing important to say here.

Spoiler: Introduction (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

I will accept up to 8 players initally, but if I decide I can actually handle the RTD with more I will probably raise the roof on that.

Player list:

0/8
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

I have an awesome idea
I like your awesome idea. Put me on your list to pm when you get it up.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Yeah, I was thinking of using a d10 as such;
1. Epic Fail
2. Medium Fail
3.Fail
4.Partial Success
5.Success
6. Good Success
7. Epic Success
8. Slight Overshot.
9. Medium Overshot
10. Epic Overshot
For it.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

I came up with a fun idea for an RTD that doesn't involve combat.

The players are wizards in a modern city who all live in the same apartment. Every so often a really mundane problem crops up (Ace a job interview, have a not horribly awkward time at a nightclub, fix the plumbing without hiring anyone) which they have to solve with your array of magical skills. Essentially, wizards using their almighty power to solve their down-to-earth issues. I've already come up with a few spells. Spells have a few attributes: Range, Duration, and Style. The first two are self-explantory, Style is what kind of magic it is (Altering things, creating things, or analyzing things). Spells are bought using points, and you can increase the duration and style three times (Which results in the number being multiplied by two), or buy extra upgrades that enhance the spell. Here's an example.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The idea behind it is to come up with situations, then see how the players can creatively solve them using their magical abilities. Does it have potential?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

According to most fantasy fiction you're not supposed to use magic to solve mundane problems. But that's the point isn't it?! Everything is a disaster waiting to happen! Sounds cool.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This RTD is essentially going to be the exact opposite of that. In fact, it will take that particular trope and fling it into space. I really hope that the players in the RTD come up with the most petty uses of their powers.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

This RTD is essentially going to be the exact opposite of that. In fact, it will take that particular trope and fling it into space. I really hope that the players in the RTD come up with the most petty uses of their powers.
Well the idea of that trope is that magic is so powerful that you should only use it in the most dire of situations, because it would normally cause more harm than good. In the context of an RtD, that's a good thing.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doing things like using magical fire to prepare breakfast in the morning sounds just like the kind of chaos I want to see.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Exactly.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

I came up with a fun idea for an RTD that doesn't involve combat.

The players are wizards in a modern city who all live in the same apartment. Every so often a really mundane problem crops up (Ace a job interview, have a not horribly awkward time at a nightclub, fix the plumbing without hiring anyone) which they have to solve with your array of magical skills. Essentially, wizards using their almighty power to solve their down-to-earth issues. I've already come up with a few spells. Spells have a few attributes: Range, Duration, and Style. The first two are self-explantory, Style is what kind of magic it is (Altering things, creating things, or analyzing things). Spells are bought using points, and you can increase the duration and style three times (Which results in the number being multiplied by two), or buy extra upgrades that enhance the spell. Here's an example.

The idea behind it is to come up with situations, then see how the players can creatively solve them using their magical abilities. Does it have potential?
That's exactly the RTD I was planning a few months ago, only mine was just making breakfast; I prefer your version. Give the players ridiculous power and tell them to solve mundane problems. It's like the Incredible Hulk trying to build a house of cards.

I'm in if you run this.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's the starting list of spells from the Wizards Solve Mundane Problems RTD (WSMPRTD)! As the players go through the RTD more are unlocked, but they start out with these. Buying the spell costs one point, buying an upgrade costs one point, and upgrading the range/duration multiplies the number by two and costs a point. The Irish words are just flavor and are the categories of spell (A Chruthú is Creation, Thuar is Analyzing, Arthú is Altering).
What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 04:01:45 pm by Fniff »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

For a while I though 'chuthuru' was the way a non-fluent English speaker would say 'cuthulu'.

On topic I think you should go do that, because that sounds amazing.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Roll to Butt Monkey

One player (or the GM) is deemed the butt monkey. Players must screw up his life in the funniest ways possible.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 661