Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702237 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

The edit button is your friend, Tuypo.
Also, Harry you probably should have mentioned the whole "serious" thing in the OP... whoops. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Actually...

EDIT: Maybe I will go for all lowercase letters as well, as a commitment to seriousness and minimalism.

I think Harry might have been sarcastic when he said it would be serious due to this quote.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

My understanding is that stating its seriousness would undermine the challenge he had set for himself.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile

My understanding is that stating its seriousness would undermine the challenge he had set for himself.

i think thats right
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you guys deal with the problem of keeping all your players in the same timeframes so you don't have 1 person doing 5 actions in 1 day and another doing an action for each 5 minutes

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

How do you guys deal with the problem of keeping all your players in the same timeframes so you don't have 1 person doing 5 actions in 1 day and another doing an action for each 5 minutes
Mind rephrasing that question? Do you, for example, mean how does one make it so each player is in the same time frame?
If yes, there's a few solutions; have it so each turn takes a set amount of in-game time, or don't specify the amount of time.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mind rephrasing that question? Do you, for example, mean how does one make it so each player is in the same time frame?
If yes, there's a few solutions; have it so each turn takes a set amount of in-game time, or don't specify the amount of time.

Yeah that's what I meant

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

The simplest solutioin is to not let players post more than 1 post per update, with exceptions being tipically given to dialogue.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Well, Mister Baldman, it would appear your minimalist experiment has already spawned probably more IC discussion between players than I have ever seen in an RTD, with the possible exception of ER. Definitely the most IC discussion I've seen in an RTD over such a short span of time!

Well played, well played indeed.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, Mister Baldman, it would appear your minimalist experiment has already spawned probably more IC discussion between players than I have ever seen in an RTD, with the possible exception of ER. Definitely the most IC discussion I've seen in an RTD over such a short span of time!

And I sadly am to busy gathering leaches to participate but I agree it is impressive

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How's this sound for a fun game a (literal) space opera

Apologys for typos I'm not used to typing on an iphone I would much rather be at home at a keyboard or at least typing on android but punctuation is something I will definitely need to work on the game will be better written don't worry

A famous opera (yet to be decided) is showing tonight at the space theatre (it's like a regular theatre but it floats in space (I am yet to decide if it will be in orbit around something or just floating there)) the organisers have learnt that somebody is planing to do something sinister during the opera it's you and your teams job to find out who find out what they plan to do and stop it (not necessarily in that order)

The benefit of this is the short time frame it allows us to work in so there will be a definite end and allows me to plan well in advance what's going on its just a matter of if they successfully stop it or not due to the short length the game after you die your out of the game for good I will allow people to enter mid game they are agents that couldn't make it in time but better late then never I have yet to decide on most of the story but I'm working on ideas biggest problem will be naming npcs I am horrible at naming things

so bay12 what do you think

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

Yeah, I am thoroughly enjoying it. Definitely both minimalist and serious, high I doubted it at the beginning.
My Area

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I am thoroughly enjoying it. Definitely both minimalist and serious, high I doubted it at the beginning.
i kinda wish things had started off a bit slower i wanted to get back and dissect leaches but theres all this commotion and ive got to talk with conrak about nets and pack everything up before we leave well we will probably be able to take the sled if we get left behind but my character dosent know that yet

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And I got first blood, so that's always nice.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

Who would be interested if I tried to get something like this going again? I enjoyed the heavy RP aspect, and it seemed fairly well set up. Let me know.

OOC
IC

I'd only be interested in running it if people were interested in roleplaying a character with realistic motivations. The people in the game were great examples, but it slowed down quickly. I'm faster at making maps, so most geographies would be possible, as well as lots of travel. Mechanics might change a little

Let me know what you're level of interest is.
My Area

Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 661