Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 699460 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Speaking of Mad Scientists, does anyone remember that RTD a while back where the players played as mad scientists, creating inventions on the fly to aid their situation(and dying a lot in the process)?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile

I remember.
Interested. Did you get the Mad Scientist from NWoD?
He was a inventor who created his own things (including his racecar) too bad i couldn't use it because Wacky death race was left to death. Is it okay that i revive that RTD and then create a different racetrack?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember.
Interested. Did you get the Mad Scientist from NWoD?
He was a inventor who created his own things (including his racecar) too bad i couldn't use it because Wacky death race was left to death. Is it okay that i revive that RTD and then create a different racetrack?
Probably, due to its apparently great fame here.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fluff is the devil to write.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile

What do you mean?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's work. When you're writing up actions, thinking up what happens is a really easy thing to do, as is rolling the results and writing what happens. The problem is that that alone makes for a boring report. To make it enjoyable or at least tolerable to read, you have to pretty it up and right unnecessary things (from a technical point of view), including colours, feelings, physics fx, etc.

The words also need to sound good. You can't use the same words or the same sentence structure to describe the same thing because then it sounds repetitive. But then you have to make sure you're not abusing purple prose, at which point it's harder because you can't just use fancier words, you have to think up new things to include and present them uniquely as well.

Like I said - the devil.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

blazing glory

[Clipped]
Sounds awesome/bizarre, I'm totally interested.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, I'd like to try running a wacky death race one of these days. It would be soo... fun... must resist temptation to start on OP immediately...
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

When If you give in, link it here.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Er... I think I could handle it... er... I'll need to simplify the system... er...

Wacky Death Race Omega
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 01:08:31 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd really like to run a suggestion/forum game/RTD but seem to be running into a critical lack of interest from the player base lately.  What would people like to see/play here?
Nom nom nom

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Far too few story driven generic fantasy games with a simplistic character sheet round these parts.

(By simplistic I mean I don't want to write a backstory or muddle through stats.)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Well, there was Spiderking's Adventurer's Guild, which had minimal backstory required- the several paragraph ones a couple people wrote were just because they felt like it- and no stats at all, although it didn't last to the first combat so we've got no clue what the system was.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I'd really like to run a suggestion/forum game/RTD but seem to be running into a critical lack of interest from the player base lately.  What would people like to see/play here?
Magical Girl XCOM where upgrades are personally crafted from your kills and achievements rather than researched base-wide.

Alternatively yeah, multiplayer fantasy tends to be a pretty good place to start.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Well, there was Spiderking's Adventurer's Guild, which had minimal backstory required- the several paragraph ones a couple people wrote were just because they felt like it- and no stats at all, although it didn't last to the first combat so we've got no clue what the system was.
Also, having no limit to the number of active players meant that it got really confusing trying to tell who was where and who all these people even are (since I don't think there was even a definitive list of character sheets. But, yeah, with everyone on the same team basically (or at least without so damn many people to keep track of) and some sort of combat system, it would work out pretty well.

Or maybe it would work out to have no character limit and have players competing to try to complete a limited number of jobs, especially if the combat system allows for PvP. And, since they're in a city, they'd have to be creative to get away with permanently removing the competition. It might even work with a standard active players and waitlist format, just saying the active players are the ones who are allowed to compete, while the waitlisters are waiting for the chance to learn about the jobs and gain official sanction to take them on (it is a guild, after all).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 661