Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702446 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I assume that the player characters must be female?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bah! It's almost like you don't want to play a Magical Girl game at all!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

It's a legitimate question. In "Rise of the Magical Girls" on the non-rtd games, being a magical girl is not actually a requirement.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, seeing as essence is unique to the Yami and the girls, I presume that eating random civilians won't be an acceptable method of restoring it?
Well, since the Yami require hosts with certain emotions, one of the acceptable ones being Despair, you could just torture civilians until a Yami uses them as a host, and then devour them before it can establish a firm enough foothold to retaliate ^__^

Or better yet, abduct little girls, torture them half to death in front of their parents, eat the parents when they are used as hosts due to their despair, and then recruit the dying girl!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 12:19:03 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

Of course not.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Perhaps Dark comedy is the best description?
You got it right; grimdark is when there's literally no hope of a good ending, and shooting yourself now will just save you time in the long run. Sounds like it'll land somewhere next to Madoka on the idealism/cynicism scale, where ultimate victory will be very difficult but possible with enough determination.

The Yami cannot interact with this dimension under normal circumstances, but can manifest themselves if they have a host which is producing the right brainwave (they have some sort of affinity for the right frequency waves, especially organically produced ones). These Brainwaves are those created by negative emotions; hate, cruelty, despair, apathy, etc. Young girls are chosen because they seem to lack the capacity to produce the kind of brainwaves needed to become parasitized.
Sort of like Day Break Illusion's Diabolos Tarot, then? Of course, I can see some spectacularly fumbled rolls (can't look up the name of the stat now that you've taken the online copy down) letting the Yami in at exactly the wrong time. Must suck for your first batch of supersoldiers to get hijacked by the enemy and go berserk inside your base; that sort of trial-and-error can't have been any fun.

So now the magical girls are shipped around the world, fighting outbreaks of these Yami wherever they pop up.  Magical girl Xcom where you're fighting alien demons produced by negative emotions.

Simple, right  :P
Now that I remember you describing it as X-COM: Mahou Shoujo edition I'm following you much more easily. Seeing as the PCs will be the ground soldiers, I presume the research aspects will be dropped? While player progression will follow along nicely as the enemies grow stronger, I can see the discovery of the source of the Yami and the research of various artifacts/locations tied to them being the driving force of the plot, like it was in Symphogear. No need to spend any time researching new weapons when your soldiers can rip new ones right off of the enemy.

Also, seeing as essence is unique to the Yami and the girls, I presume that eating random civilians won't be an acceptable method of restoring it?
Nah, random citizens don't contain that good good alien juice.

Well, since the Yami require hosts with certain emotions, one of the acceptable ones being Despair, you could just torture civilians until a Yami uses them as a host, and then devour them before it can establish a firm enough foothold to retaliate ^__^

Or better yet, abduct little girls, torture them half to death in front of their parents, eat the parents when they are used as hosts due to their despair, and then recruit the dying girl!
I should point out that Yami have "kingdoms" of sorts, hierarchy of power determined by the "purity" or "Strength" of the emotion.

Despair is a very pure, powerful emotion and summoning up one of them would be a very poor idea indeed.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, so screaming civvies tormented by the sight of their child being tortured to death is a Sometime Food then.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I should point out that Yami have "kingdoms" of sorts, hierarchy of power determined by the "purity" or "Strength" of the emotion.
Figurative kingdoms or goddamn it do not treat with an envoy from the souleating abominations kingdoms?

Okay, so screaming civvies tormented by the sight of their child being tortured to death is a Sometime Food then.
Oh my god we're internet trolls.

"Let's torture her entire family to death."
"NO! I'm low on Essence and Emily's almost got her fancy bow, let's just do something easy!"
"Fiiiiiiine, we'll call her husbando shit before admitting we didn't even watch the show like usual. Scrape out a living on punk-ass Calmless like every other goddamned mission."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

No, it's an all you can eat buffet reserved for the VIPs of the VIP Yami world. Only for the cream of the crop, but boy are the cream of the crop hungry - very, very, world consuming hungry.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I the only one who keeps on placing all this information in terms of drugs?

"This, this is Despair. Pure, emotion. Not the shit your common Yami snorts, cut with whatever the fuck they put into them nowadays. No, this is the good shit, the real stuff. When a King gets high, THIS is what they use. You, you don't want this. Not unless you want to OD, and I, sure as hell don't want you to OD. The dead can't pay up, after all, and I can assure you, there is a lot to pay. The good shit's expensive. And Despair is the best."

I mean, a Magical Girl is basically a junkie on supernatural crack, who needs to shakedown eldritch drug dealers for their supply in order to keep their habit going.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

For reference, Despair rolls...according to a dice average calculator, in the 63-71 range on average. Which is strong enough to pick you up and hurl you several miles. And it never runs out of Essence.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For reference, Despair rolls...according to a dice average calculator, in the 63-71 range on average. Which is strong enough to pick you up and hurl you several miles. And it never runs out of Essence.
Can we strap medical apparatus to a Kami and pump out infinite essence?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Can we strap medical apparatus to a Kami and pump out infinite essence?
That strikes me as very unlikely.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

So what's the most powerful Kami emotion?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So what's the most powerful Yami emotion?
I'm going to guess it'd be something really rare. Like "jacking off to the holocaust" levels of sadism or something. Otherwise every time someone gets too pissed off, a world-razing abomination will pop-up and trolls literally bring forth the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 661