Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230253 times)

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.4] A new Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2011, 05:07:19 pm »

I'm really sad.  The first time I get an Infected or Skulking Infected ambush, my FPS drops from the 80s to the 30s.  :'( I use DFHack to cleanmap, to no avail...  What to do, what to do?

Also, I noticed that star spiders are being put into bee hives.
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2011, 10:31:49 pm »

I'm very new to Dwarf Fortress and I like the idea of your mod. At the moment I spend most of my time with the adventure mode and was wondering if your mod supports it.

Also I would like to ask if the graphic mods works together with it as well.

Adventurer works, but is a bit off, and it is beyond my control. I've been able to walk right into Infected cities and chat amongst them like we were drinking buddies. I was a shotgun wielding Desert Devil helping an Enlightened Lord slay a dragon. But right now everything is in the raws, it should be possible.

Currently I am developing my own graphics pack, as most other graphics are made for dwarves. It's going along slowly, but steadily, I have most humanoids/professions done, but it's going to take a while. I'm not sure if a different graphics pack will work.

If I update this world in progress will I get the new reactions? Because as it ends up I'm currently on a site with tons of iron, coal, and rigid rock and if I do get the new steel reactions, well, that would be just lovely.   :D

It should work. You would need to copy all the entity_default_di, the reaction_steel_di file, the building_custom_di file, and the inorganic_metal_di file in order for it to work.

I'm really sad.  The first time I get an Infected or Skulking Infected ambush, my FPS drops from the 80s to the 30s.  :'( I use DFHack to cleanmap, to no avail...  What to do, what to do?

Is it raining? You could use DFweather to shut off the rain, then use DFcleanmap to clean it all up.

Also, I noticed that star spiders are being put into bee hives.

Yeah, that's hardcoded, I wish there was a specific hive tag. Something like [HIVE:creature name] or [HIVE_CLASS:creature class] would bee nice, but probably not going to happen
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:34:51 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2011, 10:41:47 pm »

Okay, thanks.

I'm very new to Dwarf Fortress and I like the idea of your mod. At the moment I spend most of my time with the adventure mode and was wondering if your mod supports it.

Also I would like to ask if the graphic mods works together with it as well.

The graphical tilesets work with it, but most of them will likely have misplaced tiles. IE, my "active military" tiles is some wierd sideways.... thing in Phoebus. I still use it because it's easier for me to process on the fly.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2011, 11:05:07 pm »

...would bee nice
I see what you did there.
Anyway, when I try to make crowbars, it says I need some obscene amount of bars. I know that 150 is equivalent to 1 bar item, but ~10574??
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2011, 07:38:28 am »

during my neverending search for WW1 and WW" era melee weapons i have found an incredibly awesome knife weapon.

the trench spike

it is a 7 inch (15 centimeters for all those with a metric system) spike on the end of a brass knuckles, designed to puncture helmets when charging into a trench.
actually found out, that my grandpa has one in a working condition (family heirloom) and tried to test it

the result?

it went 5 inches into the massive oak log that we have ready to be chopped,
did a hole into half an inch thick iron plate.

gentlemen (and dwarfs), i believe the CROWBAR has a competitor.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2011, 08:22:45 am »

That weapon is eelevant to my interests.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2011, 10:12:44 am »

That weapon is eelevant to my interests.

why exactly?

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2011, 11:07:40 am »

That weapon is relevant to my interests.

why exactly?
think that's what he meant
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2011, 12:11:44 pm »

That is exactly what i meant. Im writing this with a mobile phone, so it is normal to make some mistakes. Also, that weapon could be a cheap way to make a piercing weapon (that is not a screwdriver).

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2011, 12:23:19 pm »

That is exactly what i meant. Im writing this with a mobile phone, so it is normal to make some mistakes. Also, that weapon could be a cheap way to make a piercing weapon (that is not a screwdriver).
and a formidable one at that.

not to mention the punch power of the knuckles against humans

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2011, 02:08:22 pm »

idea: new gem, garbage. What does it do? You can proccess it at a specialized workshop to get a random item/s. One item for this could be a golf club. Imagine the awesomeness of killing zombies while shouting FORE!

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2011, 02:23:48 pm »

Ah, Crucible Furnace and Sawmill have the same hotkey right now! C leads to the Crucible Furnace
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2011, 02:48:07 pm »

idea: new gem, garbage. What does it do? You can proccess it at a specialized workshop to get a random item/s. One item for this could be a golf club. Imagine the awesomeness of killing zombies while shouting FORE!
microcline seems like more of a large cluster stone, oh wait, ACTUAL garbage? that's a layer stone for sure just give it very low chances of producing anything useful make it put out random craft shit most of the time
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2011, 06:44:38 pm »

idea: new gem, garbage. What does it do? You can proccess it at a specialized workshop to get a random item/s.

Well, I don't have Elves, but I do have elves to the second power. They are the Enlightened...

Oh wait, you mean stone! Then I have already added a decomposed trash stone. I really should make it show up in more environments. At the moment you can get rotten meat (edible with no ill effects), tattered cloth, tattered leather, rusty iron tools, and rusty copper tools. All of them are cleaned at the Cleaning workshop. Once again, I should make it more common though.

during my neverending search for WW1 and WW" era melee weapons i have found an incredibly awesome knife weapon.

the trench spike.

gentlemen (and dwarfs), i believe the CROWBAR has a competitor.
One item for this could be a golf club. Imagine the awesomeness of killing zombies while shouting FORE!

The Trench Spike is an awesome idea, and it has been added to the growing list of weapons I need to add to the Warlords. Golf Clubs will be added to the list, they will go slightly faster and have a slightly weaker attack. I'm thinking a mace skill would do nicely.

Ah, Crucible Furnace and Sawmill have the same hotkey right now! C leads to the Crucible Furnace

I'll fix that right away.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2011, 08:39:52 pm »

Didn't we already have steel shotguns?  :P
Anyway, why do the warlords get all the cool melee stuff? All we have are crowbars.  :'(
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 111