Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569474 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #4110 on: September 22, 2015, 01:11:34 pm »

I think the lowest level boss that drops an artifact seed upon death is either the minotaur king or the fire dragon thing.
On getting good items on crafting stuff and artifact seeds: Likely a combination of the required skills + your luck stat. Gardening might only affect the survival rate of your artifact seed, though, not sure.

A good shop to invest in is the gift shop in that one hidden down that you can only get to through a dungeon. After investing enough, they'll start to sell material kits, monster balls and evolution hearts, altough those things are only useful if you want to get some seriously good pets and make a really overpowered living weapon.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: September 22, 2015, 02:38:40 pm »

Overpowered living weapons sounds lovely, but my income isnt high enough to be able to make use of the giftshop.
For potions of potential I have the magic shop invested in.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: September 22, 2015, 04:24:01 pm »

Anyone know how the Elona chat thing works? it's supposed to broadcast things like player deaths, but I've never seen one of mine in there.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: September 22, 2015, 11:51:21 pm »

Okay...

So I downloaded the latest version of Elona+, and after getting sleepy, proceeded to Squeeze my Yerles Combat Plane.

During sleep, I got a choice box with a few options, such as "Ignore", "Kick out of Bed", "Gently Hug", "Gently Stroke", "(Various things)", among others.

Choosing an option made some kind of message with "You (%) - Opponent (%). Choosing options raised the percentages, eventually resulting in me winning(?), "Yerles Combat Plane reached the limit!".

After waking up, there was a "Blood of Yerles Combat Plane" on the bed.

The bottle is white.

Just to note, "reaching the limit" with both the PC and pet at the same time nets a decent boost at impression level. This becomes very useful at higher impression levels now that monster kills don't account for much past "Friend", I think.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: September 23, 2015, 12:03:04 am »

Okay...

So I downloaded the latest version of Elona+, and after getting sleepy, proceeded to Squeeze my Yerles Combat Plane.

During sleep, I got a choice box with a few options, such as "Ignore", "Kick out of Bed", "Gently Hug", "Gently Stroke", "(Various things)", among others.

Choosing an option made some kind of message with "You (%) - Opponent (%). Choosing options raised the percentages, eventually resulting in me winning(?), "Yerles Combat Plane reached the limit!".

After waking up, there was a "Blood of Yerles Combat Plane" on the bed.

The bottle is white.

Just to note, "reaching the limit" with both the PC and pet at the same time nets a decent boost at impression level. This becomes very useful at higher impression levels now that monster kills don't account for much past "Friend", I think.

Considering the context, I'd have to take it that this works only for soulmates...

I'd go test that myself since I'm planning to get back to Elona+ anyway.

But maybe not within today or the forseeable future.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: September 23, 2015, 01:01:46 am »

Nope. Works before that. I think it's at "Fellow" or higher, but you could definitely attempt it before "Soul Mate". Also, I'm not too sure how to initiate that event with the hug (sp)action, myself. I usually only get it randomly with pets that have a "sleep sheep" item and with the appropriate impress level.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: September 23, 2015, 10:09:35 am »

Anyone know how the Elona chat thing works? it's supposed to broadcast things like player deaths, but I've never seen one of mine in there.

You need to have the network/internet connections turned on for that, but I never really bothered using it, and I'm not even sure how it works/if it works on elona+
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: September 24, 2015, 08:33:28 pm »

Well...I'm a bit excited, elona custom translates alot of stuff from elona+ into english, will post if I run into problems, so far, none.
But the storyline is translated :D
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: September 25, 2015, 05:49:42 pm »

Guess who just got an Ivy Spine from a flower drop :p

EDIT: Crap.... I am playing a mage specializing in staffs, but I have a choice between this whip (which acts as a staff) that is stupidly powerful, or a long sword that gives me 7 magic and improved casting ability.... I can't decide, help.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 05:56:30 pm by Micro102 »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: September 25, 2015, 07:33:33 pm »

For someone considering playing this again, what's the best version to play? 1.5 seems to be the most current, but it's marked as a development version and google translate is trying to tell me something about fatal bugs. A version that's more translated rather than less translated would be nice too. Also, any must-have optional downloads? Last I was playing elona regularly, the good version of the music and I think some sort of christmas event were separate downloads.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 07:39:27 pm by LordBucket »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: September 25, 2015, 07:52:20 pm »

The most english translated version of Elona+ is from AnnaBannana on the Elona wiki , latest release is Elona+ 1.49fix2 :
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnaBannana/Elona_Custom

If you want to check the changelogs, AnnaBannana translate them too :
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog_%28Elona%2B%29

edit : in case you look for Elona+ 1.49fix that is required for the Elona Custom additional translations (the axfc link , the dropbox one point to 1.50) :
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:18016
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 08:04:16 pm by Robsoie »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: September 25, 2015, 09:48:34 pm »

Thank you.

And so began the adventures of Sacred Love Goddess, the Yerles Warmage.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: September 25, 2015, 10:08:05 pm »

Been binging on this lately. Kind of mostly know what I'm doing now, though I'm pretty sure my little girl is still a better combatant than I am. Well, I know she is, but even if my speed wasn't perpetually behind hers due to being burdened at all times she might give me a run for my money.

Question: What's the "-1" and such that sometimes appears on the end of equipment you've been wearing a while? Damage or familiarity or something?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: September 25, 2015, 11:35:44 pm »

You probably got hit with acid. Go to a smith and have them enhance your item. Also use an potion of acidproofing.

Something i've not really found anywhere is about the different damage spells.

I know that Magic arrow falls behind the other types with level and should be replaced with crystal spear.
But how about the other arrow spells? Which ones are worth leveling or should one focus on bolt type spells?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 07:23:37 am by Ivefan »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: September 26, 2015, 01:36:51 pm »

You probably got hit with acid. Go to a smith and have them enhance your item. Also use an potion of acidproofing.

Something i've not really found anywhere is about the different damage spells.

I know that Magic arrow falls behind the other types with level and should be replaced with crystal spear.
But how about the other arrow spells? Which ones are worth leveling or should one focus on bolt type spells?

Level up everything. The magic dart spell is so common and easy to use that it will be over leveled compared to everything else, and thus do a lot of damage. Everything will have some use as different enemies have different resistances and weaknesses. I also find myself running out of spell casts if I only use certain spells. Get control magic and spam whatever spell you have the most memorized.
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 291