Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1296715 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8190 on: November 26, 2017, 09:26:57 pm »

Aw man... too bad it's only mission oriented. I feel like the Mass Effect setting would do well as an open world RL. Massive universe. Feats of incredible daring. Insane combat. And your all alone in it.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8191 on: November 26, 2017, 09:38:32 pm »

Drove around the corner to hit an enemy tank. Had too little time to aim, but shot into their turret, crew dead. I turn left- oh shit he has a friend- snap-shot, through the turret, dead. I turn left, then right onto another street- another one, shit- one more, through the turret, dead.

Although I didn't survive much longer than that(ran into at least three more at once), killed three tanks in about 15 seconds, and I think I got an assist on one of the ones that killed me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #8192 on: November 26, 2017, 09:42:36 pm »

I always found the arcade mode much more fun than the "realistic" mode, in all honesty. It's easier, yeah, but maybe I like not being super slow or getting friendly-fire'd or being able to tell friend from foe :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8193 on: November 27, 2017, 02:15:57 am »

-snip-
Thanks for showing me this!  I played as a vanguard with the mass effect OST in the background.  The game was incredibly easy* until the first atlas showed up and I ran out of ammo.  Died trying to cheekily charge kill it conserve ammo (after picking up basically every clip on the level and still being down to 1) and getting mashed.

*Disclaimer: Due to favorable RNG, the first move I ever took in Rogue Effect was to move on top of an eviscerator shotgun, and the second was to pick it up.  Its possible the first few floors are normally not quite so easy
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8194 on: November 27, 2017, 09:40:48 am »

Awards from one battle: First Strike!, Rank Does Not Matter, Double Strike!, Avenger, Eye For an Eye(the last two from the same kill), Balancer, Heavy Metal Fury, On Hand. Also was top score.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dakorma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8195 on: November 27, 2017, 02:04:12 pm »

So let's not talk about the 50 or so times I died and reloaded against the Noonwraith at the end of the prologue after fighting the Griffon on Blood and Broken Bones difficulty.

Let's instead talk about the one, glorious, run. Where amidst skype and discord chats badgering me and seizing focus from the game, I put on the magic oil, drank the joy juice, and managed to kill the Noonwraith in one go, while having text conversations with someone out of the game, about something inane but interesting, like travel to Ireland or something.

Witcher 3 with the EE mod, and a few others, but none as important as the EE mod. Seriously the changes they made to combat make it feel so weird, but a lot better.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8196 on: November 27, 2017, 09:31:38 pm »

-snip-
Thanks for showing me this!  I played as a vanguard with the mass effect OST in the background.  The game was incredibly easy* until the first atlas showed up and I ran out of ammo.  Died trying to cheekily charge kill it conserve ammo (after picking up basically every clip on the level and still being down to 1) and getting mashed.

*Disclaimer: Due to favorable RNG, the first move I ever took in Rogue Effect was to move on top of an eviscerator shotgun, and the second was to pick it up.  Its possible the first few floors are normally not quite so easy
List of things you can't melee: Guardians. Atlases.
List of things that will assuredly kill you in melee: Atlases.
:P

Finally won the 11 floor games with my loveable Infiltrator \o/ The Tactical cloak is best helped out in missions when if you finish it early, you grab some sweet N7 loot customized to your character's most used weapons (at least as far as I've found anyway). Finally the time of 'saving up this much stuff' for the final battle works out (and I didn't have to waste it needlessly on the previous floor which is just a semi-boss battle with all those Atlases).

Same game: Rogue Effect.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8197 on: November 28, 2017, 05:33:05 pm »

Was doing a defector mission that involved assasinating a target with a shotgun and a swapper. Nearly every enemy was using a gun.

After trying several times to go loud only to run out of ammo/not fire fast enough and get shot, I noticed something about the pause menu that others likely have noticed before.

Switching weapons takes no time at all.

On my next run, I picked up four of the guns security dropped, and, pausing in between each shot, swapped each used gun for a fresh one. By the time I’d fired my third gun, the first was usually ready to fire again.

Now, in the days of Blackbeard and other famous pirates, pirates would carry multiple flintlock pistols, to switch to a fresh gun once they fired the shot from their first.

I suppose this means that defector is a futuristic pirate?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8198 on: November 29, 2017, 01:55:50 am »

Yeah, I quite like the image of someone fighting by just repeatedly drawing more and more weapons. Just another reason why that game is great.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8199 on: November 29, 2017, 06:20:04 pm »

I remember a character in the game Iji, who would teleport a gun into his hand, fire it, teleport it out, teleport a fresh one in, fire it, and repeat, and doing it so quickly that it looks like he's firing just one gun way more rapidly than it normally should.

Heat Signature finally allows you to do that yourself.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8200 on: November 29, 2017, 09:24:08 pm »

I survived as a democratic Czechoslovakia. Surviving alone against Germany was easy because we were in some kind of Phoney War for 140 days until they started attacking. I was fighting alone for the time it took for them to complete the Danzig or War focus and from then I was able to join the Allies. We occupied Germany and push Italy back to Sicily while Japan was too far away to influence the war.

Then Soviet Russia declared war against Poland.

At first we were able to hold against them, but more and more Soviet troops joined the frontline. The northern flank started to crumble and Poland was being invade. My army was on the southern flank and we were still holding up, but I decided to pull back to Czechoslovakia before facing the same fate. I tried to make a stand in the eastern part of the country but the Red Tide was too fast and strong so I pull back into Slovakia but then again the Soviet were pressing hard on us so I was forced to hold the line in the forts of Moravia and the Sudeteland. I also lost three divisions unable to get back in time.

The forts that let me resist the German invasion with sucess were barely enough to hold out against the soviet onslaught. They got at the gates of Prague before we were able to push them back.

From there I liberated the eastern part of my country, relieve the pressure on the yugoslavian front, helped to beat Bulgaria, liberated Romania, tried to capture Kiev with more or less sucess, swing back to Northeast Germany to encircle some soviet divisions and I liberated Warsaw and Krakow. The supplies situation ended up so bad on the soviet front that I sent my troops to France to help against Nationalist Spain. They kept most of the French army occupied along the Pyrenees with their numerous (260!!) but poorly equipped divisions. After encircling and destroying them in the Pyrenees and Catalonia, Spain didn't last long. I'm now at sending my troops via sea to the British Raj to push back Japan.

EDIT :

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8201 on: November 30, 2017, 01:04:17 am »

Rogue Effect
A Mass Effect Roguelike :3
Linkie here, has disclaimer as not affliated with EA or otherwise.

It's awesome when the lore of N7 weaponry is made a notch above most--I stumbled upon an assault rifle that has around 87.5% accuracy, boosted to 100% (so I can headshot anything in range, and due to the mechanics of 95%+ accuracy = higher damage...)

And that one challenge of killing Atlases is "12".
I got 22, because that assault rifle is able to bring them down in 8 shots, fully removing shields with disruptor ammunition. (Reminding me of how awesomely powerful ammunition modifications are, hearkening back to Mass Effect 2, and how annoying tech armor is on engineers :P).

Best thing is I got that weapon on Mission 1. Woo! \o/
Also them 50 tech kills are tough. :v

But the best thing is taking ROCKETS from an ATLAS head on, and not having my shield dented (at least 3/4ths remain after head-on rocket), all because of that beloved tech armor!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 01:57:24 am by Tiruin »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8202 on: November 30, 2017, 01:47:20 am »

So far I've had the most luck as Adept.  Unlocked Asari on third adept attempt, got to level 9...  Though wow, Atlases are a bit crazy!
Thanks for the recommendation, I had quite a bit of fun despite only playing ME1.  I didn't remember the Drell, much less all this ME3 Cerberus stuff.  And the in-game bestiary seems oddly incomplete, so far ):  Otherwise, an impressive amount of polish.  Nice low-fi animation all over the place, particularly for stuff like shield-status and Adrenalin Surge.  I wish DoomRL had a cover-hugging mechanic!  (I haven't played DoomRL in a *long* time)

Oh and could you explain why table-grabs are so crazy-good?  Not only are they apparently an instant-kill on most enemies, they seem to give dramatically more XP as well.  Some ME3 reference I assume.

In case level 9 doesn't count, uh...  Shoot, I haven't played enough games recently, but I've kicked some butt at Life!

Well I did execute a pretty sweet pistol takedown on 3 nazis in a very stealth-based game.  I didn't even have to use my precious morphine for half-naked superpowers!  Had to fire fast and accurately- velvet does not stop bullets.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8203 on: November 30, 2017, 02:00:04 am »

Oh and could you explain why table-grabs are so crazy-good?  Not only are they apparently an instant-kill on most enemies, they seem to give dramatically more XP as well.  Some ME3 reference I assume.
Achievements :3 Or...err, markers. It's those tiny bronze/silver/gold stars that pop up (see my pic for details)--THOSE are the ones that give bonus exp. When you cover-grabbed, you just insta-killed them for the regular exp, but 'Grab' kills have 1, 3, and 5, for each tier, so it seems you level up easy from that.

That's partly why I grabbed a pistol, so you can get those exp awards, but the assault rifle was far better and there is a level 20 maximum capacity. :P

So far I've had the most luck as Adept.  Unlocked Asari on third adept attempt, got to level 9...  Though wow, Atlases are a bit crazy!
Thanks for the recommendation, I had quite a bit of fun despite only playing ME1.  I didn't remember the Drell, much less all this ME3 Cerberus stuff.  And the in-game bestiary seems oddly incomplete, so far ):
Press 'enter' when viewing the manual. I was surprised by the Guardian (first enemy you see that isn't an assault/centurion/nemesis), until I read the manual and stared at the screen as to what I can do.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8204 on: November 30, 2017, 02:55:10 am »

Nice!  I noticed the achievements, but not that they grant bonus XP... interesting.
And sure enough, it clearly says "Enter" to "Expand"!  My bad, thank you :D

Unrelated:  I finally revisited a mission I abandoned over a year ago, and resolved it peacefully with diplomacy (at least for now).  It's no New Vegas, but I'm glad speech is still an option at all.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 709