Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292968 times)

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1110 on: January 29, 2013, 11:53:46 am »

Now now, let's be civil and not juvenile, people.
and yes, that includes editing out segments that are causing problems from your comment.
and no, being sarcastic and implying that people are over-reacting by acting like a smartass doesn't count.

We don't want the thread to be locked, do we?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 29, 2013, 02:38:38 pm »

Sheesh, you guys are getting down on Niro a bit too hard for a harmless comment.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 29, 2013, 05:56:24 pm »

Started playing Diablo 3 again, as a Witch Doctor.

Hellz. Yeah.

Made it all the way to Inferno(most of hell was played on MP 10 anyway), got an awesome fire-based build going with plenty of meat shields and sill dealing lots of damage, also bought the sword Maximus for 500,00 gold off auction house to synergize with the fire damage and give me a great demon tank for no skill cost. It worked just as well with the Burning Axe of Sankis, but the Maximus model I bought was superior in every way.It's not a completely original build, although I did discover the usefulness of grave injustice paired with lots of grabbing radius, and I chose to have fetish sycophants instead of some other skill since much of my attacks can get fetish proxxies and give me free meat shield midgets.

Turns out I was wrong, Diablo 3  isn't as completely broken as it used to be. Wizards still suck though; so many of their skills and runes just aren't viable in Inferno. Witch Doctor all the way, then maybe I'll try a Demon Hunter.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 29, 2013, 07:21:10 pm »

-snip-
I have to ask- what server is this?

Because I feel a strong urge to play again, and this server sounds pretty decent. RP doesn't seem too strict, but it doesn't seem to be *total* asshattery.

Yogstation 13. I'm not entirely sure if it's still up, as all day today, it hasn't let me connect to it and it hasn't shown up in the Join Games list. This would be saddening. :/ There is another one called Yog-A-Like that seems to be working, but I haven't tried it and it isn't rolling with 40+ people like Yogstation does.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 30, 2013, 06:42:37 pm »

Hans Panda
Just add me to your friends list and I'll add you back. :) And it's not so much that I cause hilarity in my vicinity, it's just that I have this strange knack for being in the right place at the right time with the right people... So I can fuck everything up horribly.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 30, 2013, 08:04:25 pm »

Killed my first monoblos, first carve is a monoblos heart.  My amazing luck, hard at work.  Now I just gotta hope that some rathalos plates drop like this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 30, 2013, 08:15:08 pm »

I murdered everyone who stood in my way. At one point in time, I was outnumbered 4-1 and the enemy was receiving reinforcements faster than I could dispatch them. An unlucky horse archer of mine got in the way of someone's spear and went down. After holding out against the insurmountable forces for the requisite amount of time (only fifteen rounds, but it took around 40 minutes of real time to get through), the enemy leader was plot-captured. That last bit took some of the awesomeness out of it, but it was still a good mission. My leader, who was given an awesome sword right before the mission, never swung a single blow. She did manage to break the ranged wand of lolhealing that she received at the same time, though.

What can I say, I'm on a bit of a tactical RPG kick after posting my programming project in the creative forum. I'm using what would normally be pure entertainment as a learning exercise for how I want my game to be.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1117 on: January 30, 2013, 08:18:38 pm »

What can I say, I'm on a bit of a tactical RPG kick after posting my programming project in the creative forum. I'm using what would normally be pure entertainment as a learning exercise for how I want my game to be.
Link? :D I love tactical RPGs… Can you say Final Fantasy Tactics?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 30, 2013, 08:26:18 pm »

Link? :D I love tactical RPGs… Can you say Final Fantasy Tactics?

There's really nothing to look at at the moment - just a bunch of ideas and a title screen (and not even that anymore. I've used all of my bandwidth on Dropbox, it seems). Have at it if you wish, though.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 31, 2013, 06:32:50 am »

Finally, after a week of not playing Perfect Dark, I managed to beat Area 51: Infiltration on Special Agent. The drone guns that have been causing me so much grief didn't even land a scratch this time. I got the rocket launcher hidden inside the minefield AND successfully got into the bunker through the back entrance. I even got the hidden second MagSec 4, which probably helped a lot in the last gauntlet of guards :D
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

jimbobobby

• Bay Watcher
  • Ally of turtles.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 31, 2013, 05:09:56 pm »

Punched a child in the throat.

DF Adventure mode
When I was younger, I was a baby.
The power of an Eskimo isn't really something you should just forget about, they can cut a hole in your ice and catch a fish in minutes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 01, 2013, 12:45:59 pm »

The Cyclone is a big scary gun that fires a lot of big scary bullets. It's secondary fire is "Magazine Discharge". The Cyclone's magazine carries 50 rounds. With dual Cyclones I managed to clear out entire rooms of terrorists at once in huge torrents of gunfire.

Perfect Dark
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 01, 2013, 12:59:17 pm »

I had not buckled in to my chair. The front pod window was smashed out. I got sucked out the front into space.
Always remember to buckle into your chairs, kids!

That was a brilliant story. Such a perfect ending to a long running stream of luck! :D

I also should tell the story of how I became Co-Chief Engineer at one point, then died in a most ignomious way halfway through the match. I think I shall.

I started as a Station Engineer, and the CE asked me to help him set up the Singularity Engine. I said okay, but I don't have much experience with it, only wiring solars and stuff like that. He coaches me through the process, and we get the engine set up quite quickly. He then asks me to wire the Solar Panels, so I go looking for a hardsuit. There are only two engineering hardsuits, and both are gone.
At this point, a traitor comes in and assaults the CE, but the CE calls security AND beats the guy unconscious with a wrench or something. He's wounded, and asks me to watch Engineering while he goes and gets healed. I agree, then go ask the computer to let me into EVA for a space suit.
The CE tells the computer to let me, the computer asks if he wants me to have command authorization on the same level as the CE. The CE agrees. This means I am now the sixth Head of Staff in all but name and headset. I get a space suit and magboots, and go back to the Engineering deck.
Here is where I die. Poly, the Engineering Parrot, our little mascot, says over the radio, "Shit, the singularity is loose! Call the shuttle!" I think, "Oh shit, no way."
I step outside, to check the singularity. It's fine, and contained. It sucks me off the walkway. Magboots, when ACTIVATED, negate the pull of the Singulo. I died because I didn't turn on my boots.
The CE gets healed, and asks me for a report. Then asks the QM to meet him. Then me for a report again. No one responds, as I'm dead and the QM is an idiot. This goes on for a looong time. Long story short, he saves the AI after the singularity gets loose and the station gets all fucked up. He and the AI escape in the Engineering pod. Right after this, I tell him who I was and how I died, and EVERYONE in game is laughing.

SS13
It was *OWN* that I got made second CE for a time, however short. I was once HoS for almost an hour, but that story is definitely not own. It is BAD when the only person in security that ISN'T braindead AND is doing his job is the HoS. The Warden and I were the only ones not braindead, and the Warden was running around being a prick. Do you have any idea how many goddamn security calls you get in an average game? I called the shuttle out of frustration, eventually.

Hmm? Do you mean AI? It's AI.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 01, 2013, 07:54:02 pm »

Hmm? Do you mean AI? It's AI.

Are you referring to how I said 'computer'? Yeah, I know the AI is AI. :P I only said computer because I assumed an AI was inside some sort of computing device. As they generally are. :P
He's fucking with us.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 01, 2013, 08:02:57 pm »

Defeated Bahamut without even breaking a sweat. (Okay, sure, everyone but Kain got hit by Mega Flare, and everyone but Kain and Cecil died, but after three phoenix downs I was good to go again.
Rosa bouncing Holy off herself (Bahamut had set up Reflect)
Cecil being the big dumb hero and doing nothing but hacking at the dragon god with Excalibur
Kain timing his jumps so he avoids Mega Flare
Rydia spamming Leviathan (summons avoid Reflect)
and lastly, Edge berserked.

It was far, far too easy.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 709