Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292653 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1140 on: February 13, 2013, 07:26:17 pm »

So, one of my friends runs a Minecraft server. It was pretty private; just a few of his friends on it so whatever. Then he opened it up to people on other servers by basically fucking up their servers with mad griff and then advertising his own. I could kind of deal with that since it didn't actually work. Then he actually paid some people to be Admins on the server. So pretty much all of the original regulars, including myself, decided to leave because he becomes a gigantic controlling self-absorbed cunt when he's given any level of authority over people.
One of the group voiced his concerns and reasons for leaving, and then got perma-banned for "not respecting authority". That was the thing that broke any facade of civility on the issue.

Me and one of the newer members who considered the owner's behaviour to be unacceptable logged on when he wasn't. His name began with a Z so that's what I'll refer to him here. Z and I hunted down all of the owner's bases (as well as the bases of some guy who supports all of the stupid things he does and generally stirs up more trouble, like aforementioned authority based perma-ban) and then Z tore them down. But from their corpses, I did build. Tacle Spires, reaching up to scratch the heavens. After an hour or so all of his biggest bases had been turned into pointless structures architecture more beautiful that could be imagined.
I think the message more or less got across.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 12:21:14 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 14, 2013, 10:48:56 am »

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the death or own thread, but thought it belonged here the most due to awesome.
I had lined up my TDC with a tanker worth about 10,000 tons and fired off a spread of three torps to make sure he went down. However, when I watched the attack map, one of the torpedoes went off on a completely different angle, just going in a circle. I guess it was because one of the tube doors hadn't opened properly. It circled right around and hit my sub in the forward torpedo room, and I had to surface to make sure I didn't sink. Luckily I hit the tanker hard, and it's two deck guns were pretty useless underwater. I've never had that happen before but it was pretty hilarious. :D

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 12:57:51 pm by Spaghetti7 »
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 14, 2013, 12:22:01 pm »

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 14, 2013, 12:57:30 pm »

Oh balls. I knew I would fall foul of that rule one time. Added it in, sorry.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 14, 2013, 04:06:28 pm »

During online play, I beat up a B-ranked Ryu with my barely-C-rank Makoto. 2-0. Even stunned him once.

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 14, 2013, 10:39:46 pm »

During online play, I beat up a B-ranked Ryu with my barely-C-rank Makoto. 2-0. Even stunned him once.

Having only played SFIII Makoto, I find that she struggles with the shotoclones. Sure, her near-instant charge-punch thing is really good in the middle of a combo, but unless you get right in close and grab it's not that great.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 15, 2013, 05:16:33 am »

...it's a lot about predicting what your opponent does. Against shotoclones you have to be patient and predict their Shoryukens. Having Abare Tosanami stocked essentially nullifies their fireball game since you can punish that on reaction. If you don't, you have to get in manually and that isn't always easy :P I find that Makoto has a bit of trouble getting in if the opponent is patient and doesn't do anything beyond poking their feet out every so often.

The Ryu I faced was hesitant to mash when standing up, that helped a lot. He got choked for that.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 15, 2013, 03:40:42 pm »

...it's a lot about predicting what your opponent does. Against shotoclones you have to be patient and predict their Shoryukens. Having Abare Tosanami stocked essentially nullifies their fireball game since you can punish that on reaction. If you don't, you have to get in manually and that isn't always easy :P I find that Makoto has a bit of trouble getting in if the opponent is patient and doesn't do anything beyond poking their feet out every so often.

The Ryu I faced was hesitant to mash when standing up, that helped a lot. He got choked for that.

Heh, I fired up SFIII for old time's sake and found I was incredibly rusty with Makoto.
Still a bawss with Ibuki though.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 15, 2013, 03:52:06 pm »

Wasn't my ownage, but the ownage of one of my units. Poor Boyd was underleveled due to a lack of action in recent missions and a lack of spearmen in the missions he actually took part in. Not so this time! I stuck him in a crucial chokepoint and let waves of lancers kill themselves on the blade of his axe. He actually gained three levels in a single turn, and the damage he took was nothing the resident White Mage couldn't fix up.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 15, 2013, 03:58:30 pm »

Went on a rampage in The Mall of DC. Felt like quite the badass after beating every super mutant in the area (outside the capitol building anyway,) to death with a sledge hammer. And then a super sledge after I brought town a super mutant master. Finding a suit of combat armor helped with that considerably.

From there went on a rampage in Evergreen Mills using a custom weapon, Lil Macintosh (To those who know what it is, good for you. For the rest it's an in between Agatha's Blackhawk and the normal Scoped .44. Good gun is good, definitely worth the download.) No raider survived, the slaves were freed, and the behemoth felled. Yes, that does mean I offed Smiling Jack too. I wanted his shotgun. Odd thing is I've been finding an abnormal amount of .44 and shotgun ammo...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1150 on: February 15, 2013, 07:03:29 pm »

^^^ Fallout 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 17, 2013, 01:17:49 am »

A battle between Sages! On my side: Soren, the ridiculously blunt Wind Sage. On the other side, a nameless Sage with a high-powered Fire tome. Nameless Sage attacks first, launching an enormous fireball that completely obscures Soren from view...until the light fades and Soren is standing there unfazed, not even a singe to show that he had just been attacked. Soren then busts out a critical spell and one-shots the enemy Sage.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: February 17, 2013, 09:26:50 am »

I got Steam to work.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: February 17, 2013, 09:32:12 am »

I got Steam to work.
:D You can put that on your CV, you know.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: February 17, 2013, 09:47:36 am »

I went on a rampage in a Type VII boat. Almost immiatly upon hitting ocean waters I find a ship, which I kill with a single torpedoe.  I then kill two more ships before entering the channel.  Once in the channel, I killl a pair of tramp freighters, a tugboat, and a few other ships.  I then hit my patrol area and kill another two ships.  All in all, before I run out of machine gun ammo, deck gun ammo, and torpedoes, I have killed fifteen ships. 
Unfortunatly I then notice that it is August 1939.  So my renown took a bit of a hit. 
I thoug
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 11:01:35 am by Lightningfalcon »
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 709