Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292816 times)

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1530 on: July 15, 2013, 08:26:58 am »

The noble Christof Romuald defeated the fiendish Vukodlak with the aid of his coterie and was henceforth reunited with his one true love Anezka, all because the Toreador managed to master the Fire Storm discipline and had managed to acquire fifty plasma bags and fifty scrolls of Awaken.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: July 15, 2013, 05:13:21 pm »

Made it to the core in Spiral Knights for the first time!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: July 15, 2013, 08:43:37 pm »

...So I found a shotgun named Hard Bangstick. I'll let you decide whether that's actually ownage or not.

Also I simultaneously gibbed three bandits in one shot of my Hard Bangstick with next to no accuracy and shooting from the hip. Anarchy, beeyotch.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: July 15, 2013, 08:49:09 pm »

...So I found a shotgun named Hard Bangstick. I'll let you decide whether that's actually ownage or not.

Also I simultaneously gibbed three bandits in one shot of my Hard Bangstick with next to no accuracy and shooting from the hip. Anarchy, beeyotch.

Amen to that! I just grabbed an incendiary Hail from the bandit slaughterdome, and with close enough and 400 stacks of anarchy, it becomes one hell of an area denial weapon(can you say super badass LOADER dying of a couple volleys???)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: July 15, 2013, 09:57:01 pm »

Amen to that! I just grabbed an incendiary Hail from the bandit slaughterdome, and with close enough and 400 stacks of anarchy, it becomes one hell of an area denial weapon(can you say super badass LOADER dying of a couple volleys???)

I don't even have 400 stack cap yet, I'm only at 200 stack, but then again I'm only level 22. Damage gain is crazy though, even with 200. I can shoot rockets that deal +12000 damage, at level twenty freaking two. Plus with perks like blood shield, fancy mathematics, and unstoppable force I almost always have a shield up for keeping my squishy self alive, and paired with an amplify shield I almost always get the damage boost to help me kill a thing, which refills my shield immediately to buff my next shot to kill the next thing and rebuff my shield to kill the next thing and you get the idea.

Plus Gaige's little comments are hilarious and only add to the fun of going triggerhappy-crazy.

So much awesome.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 04:43:09 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1535 on: July 16, 2013, 03:08:09 pm »

I much prefer Krieg.
The lessons I have learned from Krieg, you should never not be on fire, and you should never not be exploding.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: July 17, 2013, 11:11:36 am »

Beat the final level without dying, in 2:46.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: July 17, 2013, 07:20:57 pm »

After dying ten plus times, I managed to finally kill Medusa. I hope its windy in hell, bitch.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: July 17, 2013, 11:55:45 pm »

AHAHAHAHAHAAA!

Using a level 43 Black Frost while fighting the Void Quest boss. I finally got tired of dying from stupid fucking Attack>Gigadyne or Elemental>Gigadyne, so I grinded for about an hour, and came back with two important skills.

Teddie had MaTarukaja (Raises entire party's attack)
Black Frost learned Agidyne (Heavy fire elemental)

So combining all the buffs I was using (Tarukaja, Rakuja (Lowers enemy defense), Fire Amp (Fire attacks are boosted by 50%), and Mind Charge (Elemental attack doubled), I was able to do a max of 811 damage per Agidyne. The lowest damage I did was 411.

Where's your gigadyne now bitch?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: July 19, 2013, 12:22:00 pm »

Started making out with Beatrice in the hallway, and it started getting pretty hot(gotta love Art class). Then Christy comes over and starts tearing at Beatrice's hair. I just stand there watching the two girls catfight over me.

I also learned that if you bunnyhop everywhere, it makes Jimmy look like he's skipping around like a little girl.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: July 19, 2013, 03:50:36 pm »

Started making out with Beatrice in the hallway, and it started getting pretty hot(gotta love Art class). Then Christy comes over and starts tearing at Beatrice's hair. I just stand there watching the two girls catfight over me.

I also learned that if you bunnyhop everywhere, it makes Jimmy look like he's skipping around like a little girl.

Also it's the school rules that students are to respect each other's personal space and not make affectionate displays, or something along those lines. I don't remember where that comes from. Might be ingame or on the website, but it's definitely a thing.
Also I feel unusually proud that I could recognise the game from only the first paragraph.

Found it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 03:52:45 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: July 20, 2013, 02:54:02 pm »

A centaur brought me down to 3 hp, the first monster to actually challenge me in the entire game so far. I drink an unknown potion, which could either be helpful, or horrible death poison that ended my quest right there.

"You drink the potion. My, what bulging muscles!"

Turned defeat into victory right there.

Rogue. A similar moment happened when I happened to put on a (then unidentified) Ring of Maintain Armor right before discovering an aquator.

Edit: Nevermind... I underestimated how long it would take to recover my HP. I waited for far too many turns and ended up fainting just in time for a fight with a quagga.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:57:28 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: July 20, 2013, 03:04:56 pm »

Remember those non-canonical green buggers? Well, I discovered you can use the minimap to order troops around, which let me quickly ship the full force of 25 (old games suck) Quads to their base, which was - go figure - more effective than slowly ordering one or two down at a time.

I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: July 20, 2013, 04:46:31 pm »

...So I found a shotgun named Hard Bangstick.
That's lewd.

On a more serious note the kine seem to be unable to even touch Christof Romuald with his mastery of the Theft of Vitae and Prison of Ice disciplines. The Society of Leopold did not stand a chance.

Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: July 20, 2013, 04:49:49 pm »

found a shotgun that can one hit everything i've encountered since, baddass or otherwise.

The bonus psycho explosive damage almost certainly helps, as does it being torque

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 709