Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292712 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1770 on: October 04, 2013, 10:58:53 pm »

I'm launching an assualt on the German Intelligence HQ.  My team has two soldiers, one grenadier, one sniper, one engineer, and one medic.
 I start out by having four of my men go sneak around the back, while my grenadier and one of my soldiers cover an alley to protect my flank.  My main force engages a three man patrol and quickly destroys it, alerting the rest of the map to my presence.  Just as I thought, and hoped, they immediately sent in the bulk of their forces outside the HQ to the main courtyard.  From there they attempted to attack the alley, and even thou neither my grenadier or my soldier had a rifle, they were able to keep them bottled up.  Three turns later, my other four men storm the rear of the courtyard.  All the soldiers turn towards them, and my grenadier charges.  He quickly kills three of them in one turn with only two grenades, and my soldier cuts down the last German.
 I then send my soldier and grenadier up another alley to act as guards once again, while my other four men trade potshots with a bunch of officers guarding the HQ.  They again try to attack my flank, only to have four of their men killed by a single grenade, and the other two are cut down by point blank machine gun fire.  I send those two men up the alley so they reach the western part of HQ, and have my machine gunner add his firepower to the rest of the main force, while my grenadier charges the side entrance.  He quickly kills both of the guards there, but I encounter a problem.  The door is locked, and my engineer is still stuck on the other side of the street.  Thankfully this isn't some FPS where locked doors will forever remain locked, and this is my grenadier.  He has lots and lots of grenades.  The first one blows apart the door, the second blows apart the second door, and the third one blows apart a rifleman and machine gunner, giving the rest of my forces the opportunity to advance and put the last of the defenders to the knife (For some reason I decided to give my medic and engineer a trench knife instead of SMGs.).  I then secure both sets of documents located in the HQ.  Afterwards my grenadier is given a medal, for succeeding where Leeroy Jenkins failed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: October 05, 2013, 07:19:08 am »

I am a Level 36 Nord Barbarian in Mournhold Guard Armor with a Nordic Silver Battleaxe.
Needless to say, every combat ever is an own.

(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: October 05, 2013, 08:20:01 pm »

So, my Death Cult Assassin is on another mission - assaulting a Chaos-held position. There's a decent amount of cover, the enemy has a sizable force [plus a pair of Havoc squads with heavy bolters].

I sneak up on a Havoc squad [as another NPC squad obliterates the other one] and kill both of them.

GM tells me to make a Dodge check - Ag 60, Dodge +20. Easily make it.

Turns out there's a Chaos Sorcerer behind me. I jump through the ruined wall of the bunker I'm in, successfully navigate a small patch of mines, and the Sorcerer teleports behind me and summons up a pair of Pink Horrors.

I attack. In three attacks, the Sorcerer is killed. The last attack cuts one of the Pink Horrors in half. RIGHTEOUS FURY.

One of the Pink Horrors decides to screech in my face. Willpower check at -20. I have 30 willpower.

I make it, and my character doesn't even flinch.

She states, quite calmly, that she has bested a Tyranid Hive Tyrant, with a Hive Ship raining hell from above, in single combat.

The GM decides to make a willpower test for the pink horror and two blue horrors - they fail, and return to the warp.

I killed a Chaos Sorcerer and caused three daemons to return to the warp in fear. In one round.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: October 06, 2013, 08:27:59 pm »

Got A's on three math-y tests, finished writing an eight-page research paper, and completed scholarship application #1, within the span of five days.

I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: October 06, 2013, 09:26:05 pm »

Got A's on three math-y tests, finished writing an eight-page research paper, and completed scholarship application #1, within the span of five days.

... Why in the name of god would you play that. o.O
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: October 06, 2013, 09:29:09 pm »

They say it builds character. But I'm starting to notice that the gameplay is repetitive and I don't take anything from it, myself.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: October 06, 2013, 09:59:24 pm »

Some bullshit about how you need to play it first to get access to the beta for College Freshman Simulator 2015, Super Realism Mode, from the same developer, and I'm looking forward to that one.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: October 07, 2013, 07:28:00 pm »

It was a dark and gloomy night, and Akhari the Khajiit mage was told to go and, quote: "Delve into a dangerous ruin, and find this tablet-no doubt incurred in the main chamber. Simplicity itself." It would have been simple, had there not have been platoons upon platoons of deadly draugr hidden away, which were actually resistant to my Fire-Arrows and Flamesparks, and were able to take me out in at least 3 hits. There were even some Thuum-trained draugr hidden in the tombs with the grunts!
          I managed to, after eleven tries, to crawl into the Hall of Stories. I open the gate, and there is a gigantic army. I was quickly slain. Nethertheless...I had had enough. Restarting my save, I had meticulously grabbed /all/ of the draugr corpses, Bandits, and one Arvel the Swift into one gigantic corpsepile, and opened the gate. I waited 24 hours...and then took a quick look at my spells. When I began my adventure, I decided to take the "Ritual" stone, which allows me to raise any corpses in my immediate area. The corpses in question? The corpsepile I had just created!
          I charged in, with my new brigade of Draugr warriors, archers, magic-casters and Draugr Thuum-users. The fight was gigantic. Armies against armies, in one gigantic chamber, all for that little cat with a spark of flame in her hands to slip by and snag a single stone tablet. Suddenly, a nearby coffin erupted it's top, and out popped a Draugr deathlord! With what little army I still had, we hacked at it to pieces, me quickly hopping out of the action once I had 1/8th of my health. The Draugr have been defeated! With glee, I took the stone, bowed to my army as they all shuddered and dropped dead, and skipped out of there before another Draugr could catch me.

Farengar, when I find you, we are going to have a nice, long talk.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: October 07, 2013, 11:23:09 pm »

Finally making progress on Super Mario 64 after a months-long impasse in which I couldn't even stand to look at it for frustration. Just now, I got Hazy Maze Cave stars 3, 4 and 5, the Red Coin star from the Metal Cap stage, a random star from a Toad and a star from the bunny hopping around outside Lethal Lava Land. I just need 11 more stars and I can finally beat the game...

But I'll still keep playing. I still haven't gotten a single star from Tiny-Huge Land or Shifting Sand Land, after all.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: October 08, 2013, 12:33:37 am »

Finally making progress on Super Mario 64 after a months-long impasse in which I couldn't even stand to look at it for frustration. Just now, I got Hazy Maze Cave stars 3, 4 and 5, the Red Coin star from the Metal Cap stage, a random star from a Toad and a star from the bunny hopping around outside Lethal Lava Land. I just need 11 more stars and I can finally beat the game...

But I'll still keep playing. I still haven't gotten a single star from Tiny-Huge Land or Shifting Sand Land, after all.

Ah yes. Do you like falling off levels and getting attacked by birds and tornados? :P  Also the quicksand, always the quicksand.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: October 08, 2013, 12:36:20 am »

Oh gods, the final Bowser fight in that game. I played that whole level so many times that I can play it from memory, RIGHT NOW, TEN YEARS LATER.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: October 08, 2013, 02:31:56 am »

One of the things I love about Super Mario 64 is that there's so many stages that you can actually forget about some of them, then be surprised all over again when you rediscover them. I completely forgot about Jolly Roger Bay until I got the Metal Cap and realized I could get a new star there. Say what you will about the graphics (they're pretty terrible), SM64 was damn fine game.

Also, got three stars in Shifting Sand Land. :D
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: October 08, 2013, 04:54:36 am »

The graphics were pretty damn fine for an N64 game, IMO.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: October 08, 2013, 01:11:40 pm »

Biolabs each have two landing platforms - you can get up on it from the ground by using an infantry gravity elevator from below OR a gravity leaper from way across at another site. The elevators make you sail upward a varying amount depending on how long you stay in the gravity field. And there are two up-elevators per landing pad. And you can't look over the edge to see them coming because you'll bet shot by people from below. But the lateral gravity leapers always land you on the same little square pad, AND you can see them coming, AND you're relatively safe from fire except planes, snipers on a couple hills, and people dropping onto the biolab dome. AND the guy leaping toward you can't see you before he leaps or change course once he gets close. AND he can't fire accurately because he's moving too fast.

I'm an engi with an ammo pack at my feet at all times, holding an automatic shotgun, crouching next to the pad.

Cue big guys leaping toward me and getting blasted instantly by my shottie. I'm getting bonuses for headshots, high-value target kills, etc. I've got a couple guys standing next to me because they like the spot and they like my ammo pack. With the backup I'm actually able to blast a VS MAX (which is pretty hard to do since they're so tough).

The whole landing pad was covered by allies, though. Anti-air MAXes, engis and medics to support, heavy assault, etc. I look over and we have snipers up on the dome. The other leap-pad is covered like mine is. And we're chopping up people on the vertical grav elevators before they land. Even if they land the whole area is carpeted with mines.

Yet because it's a biolab alert they just keep coming. It's amazing. The certs are just rolling in.

And then some guy plays a version of Old MacDonald Had a Farm over proximity chat.

"... and on that farm he had a - CAT!" as everyone is busting a gut laughing.

Of course NC lost the alert to the VS. But at least we had a good time.

//

Planetside 2
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: October 11, 2013, 01:36:31 am »

Level 30 Sorceror with a selection of specific defensive spells and offensive crowd-killers, direct damage, save-or-dies, and incapacitation spells. She's a female Aasimar named Sylen.

I step through a door, and am faced with six Orogs, six Orc Elite Archers, two Orc Elites, two Orc Witch Doctors, and a named Orc Shaman. The Shaman Holds me, and is the first opponent of the entire game to cause me the slightest concern. For the six or eight rounds I'm Held, the enemy forces circle around me and are wailing on me. Thankfully, I have 10/- resistance to pretty much everything, so if they DO manage to hit me for damage, they rarely deal more than 1 damage. After the rounds expire, I'm at 180 hp of 210, all the foes are uninjured, and the Shaman begins casting Hold Person again.

I cast Chain Lightning.

Icewind Dale 2 

Seriously, I cast Chain Lightning and EVERYONE died within a half-second of finishing the spell.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 709