Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292482 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1785 on: October 11, 2013, 02:22:46 am »

Quadratic Wizards rule.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: October 11, 2013, 04:20:45 am »

Flew half the map and killed the titan as i was landing, shame that his buddy got me while i was on the ground

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: October 11, 2013, 04:44:12 am »

Playing Guild Wars 2, in the Ascalonian Catacombs, running it for the second time ever (first time on that path). I'm a level 42 warrior, with a Hammer and a Rifle as my two weapons, plus Banner of Strength / Dolyak Signet / Fear Me as the three utility skills I had available.

So we get to the very end of that dungeon, to face the Howling King, and as the experienced players wiped to him and his adds, I managed to kite the adds and the Howling King around long enough with a combination of healing, Fear Me to get some breathing space, and Dolyak Signet to hop me up when I got knocked down to get one of the other players up and healed enough to take over kiting while I whittled the last 5% of the Howling King's hp on my own down.

Good HP pool comes in very handy sometimes. :)

They said "That's the first time i've been with a PUG (Pick up Group) Warrior who hasn't sucked at kiting."

Felt so good.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: October 11, 2013, 12:20:30 pm »

Quadratic Wizards rule.

No joke. With level appropriate magic items and a small amount of preparation, nothing can stop you... But another mage...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: October 11, 2013, 01:15:33 pm »

Quadratic Wizards rule.

No joke. With level appropriate magic items and a small amount of preparation, nothing can stop you... But another mage...
With sufficient prep time there are no other wizards.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: October 11, 2013, 01:27:27 pm »

I find the most fun fighting a mage is actually using the magic protections like Globe of Invulnerability. Neverwinter Nights is a little better for that though, because you get stuff like Mordekainen's Disjunction, Spell Mantle, and other such stuff. It makes it very fun to fight an overpowered mage with a specialized counterspeller.

"DISINT-""COUNTERSPELL"
"FIREBA-""COUNTERSPELL"
"LIGHTN-""COUNTERSPELL"
"DISP-""COUNTERSPELL"
"GOD FUCKING DAMN IT STOP THAT SHIT YOU LITTLE FUCKING GNOME." "I cast Disintegrate."
"Wait wha-*Poof*"

Anyways, back on topic. My non-cheating party in IWD 2 is slowly butchering their way through the outside of the Goblin Fortress. My Solo Sorceror, the aforementioned one, SLAUGHTERED her way into the fortress from the start of the game in about 2 hours.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: October 11, 2013, 02:18:36 pm »

Good HP pool comes in very handy sometimes. :)

Speaking as an Ele in full Berserker gear... I wouldn't know. I've died to stiff breezes a few times, if the breeze is sufficiently bursty.  ;)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: October 12, 2013, 02:05:09 am »

Beat a Mario game for the first time ever. I don't even care that I did it with the bare minimum number of Stars, going for the easiest ones possible right until the end. I'm still satisfied.

Super Mario 64.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: October 12, 2013, 10:09:50 am »

Managed to escape the wrath of an Eldricth beast, a horny giant, ans a single skeleton with a dumbass pawn slapped over my shoulder. I only got fire balled to the face twice.

Dragons Dogma
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: October 12, 2013, 10:37:34 am »

Because I don't have the willpower or the desire to do multiple playthroughs, I've made characters on the more fun covenants. One for Sunlight warrior and one for Darkwraith.
I call an invasion in Sen's Fortress, just before the boss gate. My general rule is that if they don't immediately begin stabbing me, I'll drop them a thing. There's no chance for that, as I later find.  The target is inside, either coming down from killing the thrower or waiting for a poor fellow like myself.  The entrance is a rather disadvantageous place to stage a fight, however, so I run along the path back towards the catwalk. Upon entering the light an examination reveals a greatsword and shield, though neither that I recognized. He rolls towards me, but throws himself off of the catwalk by accident. Seeing this as a prime opportunity for a plunging attack, I walk off the edge but miss the landing. We find ourselves on the grate, staring each other down with shields up. His bravery does not match his equipment ; the target begins backing up. On his side of the grate there is a large broken part, where he could fall through. Seeing the chance to end this with minimal risk, I advance to keep him moving. Sure enough, he backs off of the grate and to his doom. Target destroyed. Master of world defeated. Returning with newfound humanity. Turn and walk away.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: October 12, 2013, 10:59:51 am »

I finally got "One Free Bullet", bringing me one big step closer to my goal, three years in the making, of completing every HL2 and Episodes achievement.

I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: October 12, 2013, 11:04:26 am »

It's an old one, since I haven't had time to mention it, but I only have four more achievements to go. I have absolutely no idea how to unlock them though...

I swear, when I play as Gizureans, the game decides 'HAH! WE'LL SURROUND HIM WITH EMPIRES THAT HATE HIM!'
I'm pretty sure that Gizureans, and all bug races actually, are supposed to be maligned in that game.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1797 on: October 12, 2013, 11:13:55 am »

Me and A couple of friends decided to play anno 2070, IN the first thirty minutes I got airports, Battle ships, and A shit ton of Industry behind my huge unsinkable force, Then one of them built A nuclear device and demanded I give him my entire army if I didn't I would then be turned into radioactive mushie, I said no, he fired, it reflected :) wiping out every single bit of industry in his industry sector, which was right next to his pop place, he pretty much was out of the game, I proceeded to  wipe out the rest of his puny navy, the others watched in horror as they knew who was gonna win, and guess what? My academy just finished researching on how to build nukes, I preoceed to steam roll everyone else, getting that Victory :) It was silly that you have to bomb every building on A capital island

EDIT: Destroy, not Sell,
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 12:02:09 pm by wer6 »
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: October 12, 2013, 11:48:33 pm »

That fun moment when a few peasant/spear levy formations and some peasant archers can hold off twice their number by using a gate chokepoint. The French will never take Caen!

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: October 13, 2013, 02:30:49 am »

1cc on the third attempt on hard, now gonna go for extra!

Rawr
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 709