Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289374 times)

Tjoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2280 on: March 16, 2014, 03:58:37 pm »

For the first time ever, I have a region with more than one million inhabitants. The largest city stands for about 46% of the total population, over 250000 commercial jobs and about 50000 industrial jobs, most of them hi-tech.
It also contains two of the region's three airports (a large landing strip and a large municipal)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: March 17, 2014, 07:47:29 am »

Since the Warthunder thread is dead I guess I'll post this here. Basically I survived something that should be completely unsurvivable. It was pretty awesome, even if I didn't technically own.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: March 17, 2014, 07:49:57 am »

Since the Warthunder thread is dead I guess I'll post this here. Basically I survived something that should be completely unsurvivable. It was pretty awesome, even if I didn't technically own.
What was it? As long as you have your engines you should usually be fine.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: March 17, 2014, 07:51:43 am »

But I lost both of them at like 3000m, plus my whole bomber had been shot right to shit, and my rear turret was blown off so I couldn't return fire.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: March 17, 2014, 07:53:11 am »

I once spent a round as a Blenheim with just one engine and a completely wrecked plane. I had four fighters on my tail and still managed to survive until the round ended.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: March 17, 2014, 07:55:56 am »

They probably had no cannons so they just made pretty sparks happen all over the ass end of your plane.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: March 17, 2014, 12:11:15 pm »

They probably had no cannons so they just made pretty sparks happen all over the ass end of your plane.
Everything except the one engine was completely black.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: March 17, 2014, 09:55:35 pm »

Just beat the third stage! :D
I'm at 'insane' difficulty now though, and I had to resort to ridiculously cheap tactics as it was, so I doubt I'll last much longer...

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: March 18, 2014, 02:59:19 pm »

You want to know the protip supersecret strategy to beating Risk of Rain every time?  Have the game pick Ancient Valley as your third map instead of Sunken Tombs.

Sunken Tombs is so ridiculously painful to beat compared to Ancient Valley, play as certain characters like Sniper and Mercenary you're effectively guaranteed to never see the fifth level if Sunken Tombs comes up, because even if you beat it the difficulty will be too high.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: March 19, 2014, 05:25:59 pm »

I finally beat 2048!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: March 19, 2014, 07:14:10 pm »

I finally beat 2048!

Oh god, that is the most addicting thing. I finally beat it two days ago, and then my friend showed me 8192, which takes place on the same size board as 2048, and is nigh impossible, as well as 65536 which takes place on a larger board, and is a much longer challenge, and 9007199254740992 which is more of a joke I think, but damn, it is annoying playing that after 2048, because the board is so massive it's near impossible to not get to 2048. Suffice to say, I have not been studying for my finals as much as I should have.

EDIT: Just realized how much of a run on sentence that is. Ah well.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: March 19, 2014, 07:45:30 pm »

I finally beat 2048!

Oh god, that is the most addicting thing. I finally beat it two days ago, and then my friend showed me 8192, which takes place on the same size board as 2048, and is nigh impossible, as well as 65536 which takes place on a larger board, and is a much longer challenge, and 9007199254740992 which is more of a joke I think, but damn, it is annoying playing that after 2048, because the board is so massive it's near impossible to not get to 2048. Suffice to say, I have not been studying for my finals as much as I should have.

EDIT: Just realized how much of a run on sentence that is. Ah well.

I don't think I'll end up playing the other ones, this one has eaten up enough time while I've been at work instead of doing homework and such.  Really I should be writing a paper on VoIP, but this has basically eaten my free time.

On another note, I've beaten it again so far!  Got a score of 34272, I need to go higher.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: March 19, 2014, 07:50:24 pm »

9007199254740992 is hilarious because it's literally impossible to win. The board is big enough that you can mash keys and stuff will still collapse together and clear each other out. It's surprisingly amusing, actually.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: March 19, 2014, 08:02:43 pm »

9007199254740992 is hilarious because it's literally impossible to win. The board is big enough that you can mash keys and stuff will still collapse together and clear each other out. It's surprisingly amusing, actually.
It also has a buttonmash with configurable ms option at the bottom.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: March 19, 2014, 08:08:26 pm »

It also has a buttonmash with configurable ms option at the bottom.

The only person I have to be mad at is myself. :/

That would have been useful to know 20 minutes ago.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 709