Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292695 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2670 on: May 28, 2014, 07:45:34 pm »

I think that one should be able to run in QWOP first to be able to understand Toribash.
I'm pretty good at Toribash. Can't play QWOP for shit.
Have fun shooting in Probably Archery. I can shoot in zero gravity, shoot an apple off an apple's head, Robin Hood shoot a guy off a noose, and take down a total of 8 of 10 flying eggs. This game is silly, but difficult. Kinda helps that I've learned how to fire a bow and arrow IRL back then, and know how to aim, even when things go nonsense and offsets like mad.

In fact, I can own at Probably Archery because I know how to offset fire. I barely aim at my target (or at least, have the most awkward setup to aim with; The bow is facing in a way that's near-impossible to aim with, and I'm just using the arrow shaft as my crosshairs (and 1 of 5 times, an ironsight style shot) by this point.), and I can still hit it. Now moving targets like flying eggs, and taking them out from within a china shop (10 in 60 seconds); that is a bastard and a half to play through, but I can still nab 8 of 10 eggs, on average. Plus, I didn't know arrows can turn over tables that hard (Hint: Achievement).

EDIT:
Offset-targeting/firing is also a bit of a talent I actually picked up IRL too. Makes faking people out all too easy. I can fire forward, and still bean a target 90-degrees from me, full force (well, throwing a football, baseball, or racquet ball). Having peripheral vision also adds to making it work effectively (about 100-105, though my vision is still relatively crappy (20:30-35, last I checked)).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:36:32 pm by Itnetlolor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: May 28, 2014, 08:56:12 pm »

i think that before playing multiplayer in toribash you should make sure you can beat the shit out of uke first.

Nah,I'm sorta good semi-decent at the game but Uke still pounds me to pieces.
See, the thing is if you can't counter Uke's moves, then other people can use those moves against you.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

blazing glory

« Reply #2672 on: May 28, 2014, 09:09:28 pm »

i think that before playing multiplayer in toribash you should make sure you can beat the shit out of uke first.

See, the thing is if you can't counter Uke's moves, then other people can use those moves against you.

So far I have yet to find anyone who can do those moves outside of blackbelt.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: May 28, 2014, 10:48:45 pm »

Flail harder. C key to hold everything. Use it. Love it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: May 28, 2014, 10:50:36 pm »

So far I have yet to find anyone who can do those moves outside of blackbelt.
I usually write down the moves since it's hard to get the timing right, but not many beginners can counter against Uke's move so it's worth it. I try to add my own spin occasionally but it usually result in me accidentally ripping my arm off or something.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: May 29, 2014, 01:32:27 am »

Astramalen started off as a promising, yet troubled young Drow mage. Once the son of an impoverished noble, he found solace in the quiet contemplation of a mage's life, as it helped to distract from the loss of his family to Sultan Hakim.

Thrown to the Kingdom of Rhodoks, Astramalen practiced his skills by assisting local lords in need of quashing the occasional bandit uprising. As he grew in power, with frequent stops to the nearby Wizard Tower to learn a new spell or two, his thirst for revenge against the Sarranids grew. He traveled with his 50 strong army to the territory of the Sarranid Sultanate, looking to take vengeance on whomever should cross his path.

Unfortunately, he would happen upon a 200 strong army of the Sultan's vassal, Emir Atis. Driven by bloodlust, he charged his troops into battle, wielding the furious power of a scorned mage to rain countless missiles upon the enemy. His troops continued to hold the line against insurmountable odds, being whittled down to a mere 5 men as the onslaught abated.

Something changed in him that day. With his newfound experience from this slaughter, he sought the power of necromancy to raise new soldiers from those fallen by his hand. His new army a further 70 strong, he then traveled deeper into the desert, seeking the fabled as the Lich King, hoping to delve further into darkness and fully realize his revenge against the cruel Sultan...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: May 29, 2014, 09:22:15 am »

-snip-

I hadn't realized there was a mod like this...  Well I know what I'm doing when I get home today.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: May 31, 2014, 03:10:24 pm »

On a Judo room, first match of the day. I kicked someones legs off through their torso to establish dominance. Also, I reversed someone's reverse on my reverse.

That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: May 31, 2014, 03:35:09 pm »

For some reason the Americans chose not to intervene in the Texan Independence War, resulting in a surprisingly easy Mexican victory.  This paved the way for my glorious Mexican Democracy to become a great power, slowly industrialize, and start building influence in South America, Japan and Korea.  Unfortunately due to my people's free market ethics I had to rely on capitalists to build factories, and they weren't great at it.  On the bright side I had a disproportionately large military.

There was an obstacle in the way of my glorious rise though, and this was the United States of Central America.  They had fallen into the American sphere of influence, which meant they wouldn't give me military access, which meant I couldn't use my military to interfere in South America, and my allies couldn't reach Mexico to assist in our defense.  So I decided to invade.  This of course resulted in a bloody battle with the US, which I won.  Two more wars, the last of which the US didn't even bother to join, and the path to South America was open.

Later we were attacked by the UK for going over the infamy limit, but they didn't actually attack, they just abused the warscore mechanics to slowly gain warscore from blockades and then about 2 years later agreed to white peace.  As a result of the war, I decided to build up a modern navy and construct the Panama Canal.  At the end of it all, Mexico was the 6th greatest nation in the world.  Maybe someday we'll overtake the US and become the 4th greatest nation.

Glory to Mexico!

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2679 on: May 31, 2014, 04:30:45 pm »

Toribash Thread for those interested. I'll also be posting this in the Happy Thread.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2680 on: May 31, 2014, 06:41:06 pm »

Made the top 50 (rank 35) in 0rbitalis with a successful 4:18:783 moon orbit, with a sun that repels gravity outward, instead of inward, and a single planet system I start off of.

Same game earlier, I made the top 10 (rank 8 ) on an earlier, and slightly harder to score high, level. A binary star system (regular stars, inward gravity). A Loface got me there.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 06:51:39 pm by Itnetlolor »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: May 31, 2014, 11:09:15 pm »

Ugh. I had an awesome story, but I deleted it. Rewriting...

My team goes into the second half 9-6, switching to CT side. Although that's a good lead for dust2, the map is T sided, so it's important we win the pistol round. I run to my position at B, but then my teammate calls out that they're rushing long a. I quickly run to long double doors through mid, and make it to the fight just as my final teammate dies. They didn't kill a single T, so I'm facing off against the entire team. Luckily, they hadn't noticed I was there, and I managed to take one down before the element of surprise was lost. They retreated back into the site, but I managed to take two more down before they got to cover. I ran to crossing, headshotting a T who was running to cover the bomb from cat, as the final T plants the bomb. We ring around the Rosie with the bomb for a while, before I eventually kill him, securing the round and the ace. I defuse the bomb while my team screams in my ear, and we go on to win the match 16-10, while I personally get 35 kills to 17 deaths.

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: June 01, 2014, 04:38:46 am »

Made the top 50 (rank 35) in 0rbitalis with a successful 4:18:783 moon orbit, with a sun that repels gravity outward, instead of inward, and a single planet system I start off of.

Same game earlier, I made the top 10 (rank 8 ) on an earlier, and slightly harder to score high, level. A binary star system (regular stars, inward gravity). A Loface got me there.

I'm afraid I may have you beat on Octanis. It's a quarter of the way through the third revolution and showing no signs of crashing. I'm not sure of the time - I'll edit this post when it crashes.

UPDATE: Starting to spiral out of control now on revolution 4:

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 04:42:07 am by Mego »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2683 on: June 01, 2014, 04:51:52 am »

What the fuck is even going on in those screens.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: June 01, 2014, 07:12:29 am »

Huh, people still play 0rbitalis?

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 709