Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292990 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3045 on: August 10, 2014, 06:47:34 pm »

I'd been playing this incredibly silly team deathmatch with these people, where the map is suspended miles up in the sky and only melee weapons are available. It was hysterical, and pretty much my favourite thing in the game. Now, the other team were made up of these American kids with, well, the most annoying manner of speech imaginable.
Not quite as squeaky as the stereotypical CoD gamer, but they tried their hardest to sound like rappers or whatever. It kind of hurt the brain, but hearing them rage whenever I killed them (wearing a ludicrous outfit of bright yellow, complete with a hockey mask- they called me either "the yellow one" or "the banana") was immensely satisfying. My team lost that, though.
But then we moved onto another deathmatch, this one all with sawn-off shotguns, two versus two with me and some silent unknown on a team against them. It's a fairly tight map, with trailers and a couple of country stores and a whole mess of backyards, tin fences and garages.

My teammate was crazy good, and the pressure to keep up with them was immense. I did it, though, somehow; most of the match was spent with only a one or two-point lead to us, and for the last few kills we were even. At one point, right near the end, they were chasing me and I was cut off from my teammate. I knew my last hope lay with the liquor store entrance around the corner, so I dashed blindly in there, took cover behind a stack of beer cartons, and freaking killed them both as they came in after me. Oh man, my heart was pounding. And it looked awesome, too- my dramatically-dressed character crouching behind the beer, shotgun blasts shattering the store's glass door as I popped up to shoot them.

And then we went on to win. Just. :))
My gods, I didn't realise this game could be so fun. This is definitely the biggest videogames-related Happy I've had in a while.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: August 10, 2014, 06:59:22 pm »

-snip-
That's it. I'm buying GTAO. I don't care if my laptop would probably only get 1 FPS.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: August 11, 2014, 04:23:58 am »

-snip-
That's it. I'm buying GTAO. I don't care if my laptop would probably only get 1 FPS.

Uh, well, the Online is fun but it's definitely not worth it for GTA 5 single-player.
Also I haven't played the PC version so I take no responsibility for any port-related shoddiness, hehe.
Booze is Life for Yoink

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: August 11, 2014, 04:52:56 am »

What's wrong with the Singleplayer?  ???

I freakin' LOVE the singleplayer!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: August 11, 2014, 05:17:08 am »

Also, the story is (unsurprisingly, most GTA stories are like this) AMAZING. Seriously. The characters are brilliant, and I'm not just saying that because Trevor is Canadian.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: August 11, 2014, 05:37:56 am »

A boot? Where? I see no boots.  :P

Also, FUCK OFF NOONE TALKS LIKE THAT.  >:(
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: August 11, 2014, 07:43:16 am »

I like boarding a train, getting five stars and lasting as long as I can whilst shooting down helicopters and firing grenades at NOOSE vans.

I've lasted about an hour at five stars with that. I ended it by dropping a grenade when my guy SHOULD have thrown it.

EDIT: I'm continuing the thread of conversation, BTW, so don't complain about me saying I'm not stating the game.

Me and my brother used to take it in turns timing how long each other could survive in GTA:SA with six stars and no weaponry - my record is 26 minutes at six stars the whole time. Key is to have something that moves agilely on dirt (eg. a Sanchez or Bandito), while doing lots of stop-start turns. Also, if you're anywhere near a main road, you'll get cops spawning with AK47s that chew through your health.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: August 11, 2014, 07:50:32 am »

Little do you know, roughly half of our population is basically Trevor.

I may or may not account as one of them. c:<
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: August 11, 2014, 01:30:51 pm »

Are we talking about the same game? ??? The story was awful, unsurprisingly, since most GTA stories are like that. It was especially bad, though.
The multiplayer's fun, single player isn't. I love some of Rockstar's other games but I've never really been a fan of GTA- I bought GTA 5 solely for the Online component, and y'know, that's been quite enjoyable despite a few niggles.

To keep this on topic: My last own was, in a free-for-all deathmatch in a tight area of alleyways and climbable buildings, I managed to get a kill by riddling a truck with bullets until it exploded, killing the enemy I knew was sneaking around there somewhere. I felt very clever after that. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3054 on: August 11, 2014, 03:00:03 pm »

Disengaged up onto a wall, the warrior who was fighting me chased me around and ran up the stairs, promptly being blown off of them, the hill, the cliff, and this mortal coil, by the trap I'd placed there beforehand.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: August 11, 2014, 04:30:15 pm »

Beat DoomRL on Ultraviolence.  And I thought scouts were good shotgunners, technicians are amazing because one of their master skills makes them immune to splash damage.  "Oh hello Archvile, latest of lategame enemies, allow me to dance around in front of you with no chance of being hurt".
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: August 11, 2014, 07:32:31 pm »

TL;DR: Verrry risky assassination of a king surrounded by magical alarms and well trained guards. I murdered him with a death attack that crit

I play a shady as hell assassin in my friend's Pathfinder game. (Tiefling, Oracle 2/Ninja 3/Assassin 2) I tend to leave the party during downtime to murder people.

One of the people I had to murder in the last game was this elven ruler, who ran the country like Salinist Russia, where dissenters to the king "vanish." It became like this because I accidentally killed the dragon who first ruled the country(bled out while I fought this invading dragon) and then I was contracted by the current to kill previous that took the dragon's place.

This king was paranoid. The castle was lined with magical alarms and scrying eyes that acted as security cameras. The king is surrounded by 4 wizards and 3 fighters, bound to his life via these magical collars. Basically, if the king dies, they all die. The servants are also bound by the magical collars, but they're allowed to remove them as they leave. I got this information from a thri-kreen who worked for the assassination group I was a part of. He helped me plan my way in.

My character is armed to the teeth with various ways of teleportation. A pair of boots that can teleport, a pair of bracers that can use dimension door, and a ring that brings him back to this castle, but also gives him greater invisibility.

My plan was to get a scroll of antimagic field and teleport to the vault of the castle, which is directly under the throne room. I was going to light fire to the castle, to make the servants leave and minimize the amount of innocents I may inadvertently kill. Then, I was going to move up to the throne room, while the king hopefully remained up there, and commit a spot of murder.

I was unable to use the scroll, unfortunately, however the thri-kreen was able to. I bid farewell to him and teleported to the vault. It was empty and I was only unnoticed because of the antimagic shell around me. There were 3 exits, a trapdoor above me and two doors on either side. This room was made of stone, but the outside halls were made of wood. Magically enchanted, however, and very difficult to light. In my nervousness for this mission, I forgot to bring tools that can easily light fires. I also couldn't attempt to light the walls on fire, as the halls had servants and guards walking around, performing their duties. I ended up using a normal flint and steel on a normal torch and hid the flame under a helmet I found within the vault. I waited a few minutes and, sure enough, the castle caught fire and the servants started leaving. Now I had to act fast as the king may be leaving.

Using the power of Ki, I was able to scale the walls up to the trapdoor to the throne room. I listened at the door to make sure they were still there and I was fortunate. The king's guard were discussing the fire. They were not worried about it and assumed a guard had left their torch lit.

I activated the invisibility on my ring and entered the room as quietly as possible. I went in unseen.
Then I watched the king. I examined his every movement as I crept closer and closer. I was shaking. This was do or die. I couldn't fuck this up.
I blinked onto him, brandishing my wicked sickle, and in a gorey display, stabbed him directly in the heart. His death was confirmed. There was no way he could survive that.
I realized that though he was dead, his guard was still alive and panicking. My antimagic field had actually disrupted the collars, so no innocents were killed. I quickly used my boots and got out of there. My reward was another enchantment on my ring, giving any weapon I hold in my hand the keen effect.+

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: August 11, 2014, 08:35:23 pm »

Are we talking about the same game? ??? The story was awful, unsurprisingly, since most GTA stories are like that. It was especially bad, though.
The multiplayer's fun, single player isn't. I love some of Rockstar's other games but I've never really been a fan of GTA- I bought GTA 5 solely for the Online component, and y'know, that's been quite enjoyable despite a few niggles.

To keep this on topic: My last own was, in a free-for-all deathmatch in a tight area of alleyways and climbable buildings, I managed to get a kill by riddling a truck with bullets until it exploded, killing the enemy I knew was sneaking around there somewhere. I felt very clever after that. :P
To each their own, I suppose. But the GTA stories and singleplayers are amazing in my opinion. And again, in my opinion, GTA V's was the best one. Online is fun, though.

My most recent own...Hmmm.
Beat that fucking Flagship. Finally.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: August 11, 2014, 09:35:10 pm »

I won cavern kings.

Shovel and Drill gun.

Needed a solid minute to die of the ceiling (had a little over 10k health on a ceiling that does 100 damage) and 30 seconds for my items to count as they went off the screen. Fired off a stream of worm-sized (this is NOT hyperbole) drills that broke the whole level, effectively replacing the shovel that became more of a levitation tool for the last seconds of my run (too many zephyr stacks). Had to flap like an actual bird because of the jump reduction of the bracers and could shoot very slowly because of burst fire. regen was absurd thanks to stacked belials and ankhs and other life-enhancing goodies and my shots were pixel perfect thanks to many cyclops' skulls.

Lifesteal was still sucky, I don't get the way dracul stacks.

"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: August 12, 2014, 10:48:59 am »

Well, almost. Close enough. I had to launch off the last stage about 5-6km above the Munar surface since the stage before it ran out of fuel before I could slow down enough. However, looking at the performance of that last stage engine, particularly how five parachutes can slow you down in the Kerbin atmosphere, I think I could have landed all the way and made it back to Kerbin.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 709