Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289373 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3375 on: October 26, 2014, 05:56:37 pm »

FINALLY

FINALLYYYY

ELDERADO! I WIN! CITY OF GOLD!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: October 26, 2014, 08:27:07 pm »

@above: O_O
In other news... I was walking the wastes when this preacher was wandering near me. Knowing cultists in games, I immediately persued him. When I kept running after him, he finally surrendered all his goods (including his clothes; I took his sweet blue sash that's actually an identifier of his religion that I don't believe in, so that's fucked up) and ran the other way. I had no idea way... Until I realized I was packing three guns (only one of whcih was actually loaded and two of which were hunting rifles), wearing a gasmask, and generally looking like Satan's hitman. Did I mention my character hasn't killed anyone except a dogman he wrestled to death then gave the security camera footage of said scene to a man in a sweet hat who gave him a pass to the only civilized city left on Earth from sheer awesomeness value?
It's nice being feared and hated without doing much of anything, really.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: October 26, 2014, 11:56:34 pm »

My squad just wiped out the alien base.

Two supports with laser rifles, an assault with a scatter laser, a sniper with a laser sniper rifle, and two heavies with standard LMGs. All in carapace armor, and the only injury (not worst injury, but ONLY injury) was one of the heavies getting hit by a Thin Man for 4 damage. Other than that, the aliens never landed a single hit. The sectoid commander did manage to mind-control the injured heavy, but it was already down to a single HP thanks to my sniper and the assault finished it with a laser pistol. 22 aliens dead and the wounded heavy didn't even have to spend a day in the medical wing.

Oh, and I pulled this off the day before several nations were set to pull out of XCOM. The worldwide panic reduction has probably saved this entire game.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 11:59:23 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: October 27, 2014, 08:07:45 am »

Marched my army across the map for about 20 minutes wiping out two bases that kept rebuilding somehow. Spent another 20 fortifying two chokepoints with insane numbers of turrets. Eventually, I discover that all I missed from the last purge was a Plasma Generator in one base, and a Webway Gate in another.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: October 28, 2014, 11:15:02 am »

So, me and two guys are exploring. We head to the spire in the hopes of iron armour.

We find a rather cocky (and stupid. Tried playing dumb when the death messages... yeah.) guy with an incredibly powerful bow, iron armour, sword, grenades galore etc.

I switch to asset denial mode, use up all my bandages, give him a few whacks and die in the end. Along with the other two people.

However, it seems between us we've crippled him an awful lot. The guy he first killed got back not long after we died and killed him. I heard him say something like 'I'm gonna fucking kill you' when I got there, before he was murdered by a guy with pancake in his name.

So, triple-teaming a guy in full iron with wooden swords CAN work.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: October 28, 2014, 01:18:18 pm »

I wanna say it sounds like Minecraft.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: October 28, 2014, 05:33:40 pm »

My star squad is all wounded after a convoy mission and a shitstorm outside a Burger joint. Hoping I can have some easy days to rest and recupirate.

NOPE MOTHAFUCKING TERROR MISSION UP YO ASS.

What do I have for troops... oh shit. Three Squaddies(2 support 1 heavy), and a few rookies. Welp, I'm gonna die so hard. Skyranger takes off, packed to the gills with medkits and grenades. Land, its at some docks. Turn one, pop open the door to a big warehouse. End turn with everyone in overwatch, covering the door. Suddenly, two chissalids pop out. Overwatch kills one, and then I off the second on my next turn. Continue advancing as civvies die all around, spot and eliminate two floaters using pro flank tactics.

I reach the end of the dock, and trigger a pack of three. One pulls back, one moves up slightly, and one goes fuck it and vanishes. I manage to have my heavy and rookie take out the two that stayed, and suddenly the second appears, behind me. I can run the support duo up to him and kill him... and I won? FUCK YES

In the end 7 civvies died but I also won a terror mission with 3 squaddies and a rookie on CLASSIC without taking any damage. Did I mention this was my first game ever?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: October 28, 2014, 07:21:40 pm »

Just completed a stealth Diamond Store heist on Overkill, for the first time.

Payday2
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: October 28, 2014, 09:23:11 pm »

So I've got a good thing going.  I'm back in the swing of things, have a competent engineer sticking with me and a rotating set of newbies who at least listen when I tell them to do things.  Then I realize that I've straight forgotten about a ship, because no one uses it.  This is, of course, the Mobula.  Its got an awkward layout, its balloons are underneath it instead of above it, and its guns only point forward... but there are five of them.  So I decide to equip my Mobula, the Mobulus Strip, with three miniguns in the central slots, and two flamers on the side for emergencies.

Our Squid ally plays it very cautious from the beginning, waiting half a minute before entering the canyon.  Uncertain about my loadout, I stay in the back.  One Pyramidion turns the corner and shoots past us as we enter, the squid follows that, and as we turn to follow the squid a second Pyramidion flies over us.  I throw us into reverse so they overshoot us, and then my crew simultaneously opens fire with all three miniguns.  From each side and above I see a line of bullets converging on the enemy hull; even though the right gunner obviously doesn't know what they're doing we still take down the enemy armor in two seconds and from there they never recover.  The Squid also wins their fight.

The rest of the game went more or less exactly like that, with our ship scoring two more kills and no deaths.  In the final battle things got dicey as an enemy managed to get around our side but our quick thinking engineer grabbed a flamer and disabled them while the gunner fired the side minigun and the other engineer spammed "I need help repairing hull" in voice commands.  No one did help him, but we survived and scored the game ending kill so its all good.

To quote the engineer, "that worked suprisingly well".
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: October 29, 2014, 04:59:14 pm »

Radiation, and then starving, and then more radiation. But not starving. Such is life in the zone.

It may not sound like an own, but after all this I'm not dead. Just barely, but I survived and got a good amount of money.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: October 29, 2014, 06:24:29 pm »

I FUCKING BEAT THE FIRST THREE LEVELS OF DONKEY KONG

I MEAN SURE IT REPEATS FOREVER BUT I BEAT 25 METER 75 METER AND 150 METER IN ONE SHOT

YES

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: October 29, 2014, 07:47:14 pm »

I FUCKING BEAT THE FIRST THREE LEVELS OF DONKEY KONG

I MEAN SURE IT REPEATS FOREVER BUT I BEAT 25 METER 75 METER AND 150 METER IN ONE SHOT

YES

10/10 "Like Skyrim but with less guns and more monkeys." --IGN
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: October 29, 2014, 09:48:28 pm »

Fuck you, Eye of Cthuhlu!
And you, Brain of Cthuhlu!
...and again, Brain of Cthuhlu!
...and again, Eye of Cthuhlu!
And you, Skeletron!
Black lives matter.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: October 30, 2014, 08:17:09 am »

Marched my army across the map for about 20 minutes wiping out two bases that kept rebuilding somehow. Spent another 20 fortifying two chokepoints with insane numbers of turrets. Eventually, I discover that all I missed from the last purge was a Plasma Generator in one base, and a Webway Gate in another.

If that's the average size of your army, needs be you must look into Ultimate Apocalypse Mod. W40k is not W40k without unlimited amounts of troops.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: October 30, 2014, 12:53:27 pm »

If that's the average size of your army, needs be you must look into Ultimate Apocalypse Mod. W40k is not W40k without unlimited amounts of troops.

That's not average, that's the maximum. Pop cap is 20 infantry/20 vehicles. Space and Assault Marines take 2 per squad, Terminators take 4. Dreadnoughts take 2 on the vehicle cap, Predators take 3, Land Raiders take 5.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 709